News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. (Insern New Fight Term Here) 4 Speculation Thread

Started by DededeCloneChris, June 08, 2011, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playat

Ah, character speculation was fun back in those days of waiting for brawl. Good times. However, like Nayrman said, we should wait until we get some footage.

Super

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Tahrann

If they could do cross platform I would want Lightning (although she has nothing to do with nintendo).
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Neerb

If Capcom gets a rep, it should be Megaman; anyone else would be nonsense (how Megaman didn't make it into MvC3 is unfathomable, considering Tron Bonne and Zero made it in). If somehow Megaman doesn't make it, then runner up is Ryu, who is at least from another popular fighting game.

If Square-Enix gets a rep... I don't know. Geno would make sense, and lots of fans including me want him in, but I really wish he could count as a Nintendo character instead of a Square character. I'd like Sora most of all, due to my love of his series and the fact that KH has had half of its games on Nintendo, but I'm sure Disney would have to be taken into account, and that could over-complicate things. Perhaps Chrono or an earlier FF character would work, given their origin on a Nintendo console?

If Ubisoft gets a rep, I want Rayman or the Prince... preferably Rayman, because how freaking awesome would that be?

FruitFlow

I've always thought Rayman would make a great addition since SSB64.
I also want to see more Kongs show up rather than just keeping the spotlight only on DK and Diddy.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

I think Rayman would fit very well. Doesn't seem like it would be hard for him to be added according to what Sakurai wants in the E3 thingy.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

I too would like Rayman, but that's probably a stretch overall. Guess we'll see. Although Micele Ancel did say he'd be open to the idea back during Brawl. But then again, just about everyone said they'd be open to their characters in Smash. Even Goichi Suda wanted Travis Touchdown in Smash. Now THAT would be hilarious and awesome.

DededeCloneChris

FruitFlow

I wonder if we would get DLC this time.
That's one of the many big things the Smash series lacked.
Although we probably will do fine without it.

EDIT: I guess this would be unlikely due to the fact that Wii U has no Hard Drive. *Sigh*

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on June 10, 2011, 01:32:05 PM
I wonder if we would get DLC this time.
That's one of the many big things the Smash series lacked.
Although we probably will do fine without it.

EDIT: I guess this would be unlikely due to the fact that Wii U has no Hard Drive. *Sigh*

Where did you see this?!

Tupin

It's on pretty much every website. A 500GB drive is $50, and the Wii U supports USB hard drives. So it's not a big deal...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on June 10, 2011, 03:37:43 PM
It's on pretty much every website. A 500GB drive is $50, and the Wii U supports USB hard drives. So it's not a big deal...

Yes it is. It's a cost that shouldn't be passed on to the consumer considering it is very cheap and even basic memory doesn't raise cost at all. It essentially limits what developers can do for downloadable games and DLC, which is one of the MANY shortcomings of the Wii (it's why it didn't get Super Meat Boy)

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on June 10, 2011, 03:48:49 PM
Yes it is. It's a cost that shouldn't be passed on to the consumer considering it is very cheap and even basic memory doesn't raise cost at all. It essentially limits what developers can do for downloadable games and DLC, which is one of the MANY shortcomings of the Wii (it's why it didn't get Super Meat Boy)

Well, the cost thing is a shame, but there might be a way to allow 3rd parties to make what they want: Nintendo-brand external hard drives. If Nintendo released their own line of hard drives, like they did for SD cards, then they could assure themselves and 3rd parties that customers [for the most part] at least have access to hard drives. It would be like the Expansion Pack for the N64; whenever they release a downloadable game or a disc with DLC potential, they could simply have a warning on it saying "You must have an external hard drive to fully enjoy this game."

Nayrman

Quote from: Neerb on June 10, 2011, 04:25:48 PM
Well, the cost thing is a shame, but there might be a way to allow 3rd parties to make what they want: Nintendo-brand external hard drives. If Nintendo released their own line of hard drives, like they did for SD cards, then they could assure themselves and 3rd parties that customers [for the most part] at least have access to hard drives. It would be like the Expansion Pack for the N64; whenever they release a downloadable game or a disc with DLC potential, they could simply have a warning on it saying "You must have an external hard drive to fully enjoy this game."

Or...how about they just PUT THE HARD DRIVE ON THE DAMN MACHINE!