News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Shiny Beast Trio

Started by Neerb, January 01, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Sora on January 04, 2011, 06:12:58 PM
Then let it be. Tell me when you get this extrasensing pokemon.
What do you want to use it for? I assume you want to pass the move off, in which case you'll need a male. And Vulpix is usually female, I think. Cyndaquil shouldn't be a problem for me. I'll get right on it.

Unless there's something else you have in mind for it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on January 04, 2011, 06:26:44 PM
What do you want to use it for? I assume you want to pass the move off, in which case you'll need a male. And Vulpix is usually female, I think. Cyndaquil shouldn't be a problem for me. I'll get right on it.

Unless there's something else you have in mind for it.

My ultimate goal is to get a Male Modest Cyndaquil with Extrasensory, with Vulpix just being a stepping stone. Feel free to take care of some steps for me if you want (if there's a faster way than Vulpix, go ahead).

Kayo

Quote from: Sora on January 04, 2011, 06:34:22 PM
My ultimate goal is to get a Male Modest Cyndaquil with Extrasensory, with Vulpix just being a stepping stone. Feel free to take care of some steps for me if you want (if there's a faster way than Vulpix, go ahead).
Hmm.... I think I could do that. If you wanna give me all three I'll get you a Male, Modest Extrasensory-knowing Cyndaquil.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on January 04, 2011, 06:47:18 PM
Hmm.... I think I could do that. If you wanna give me all three I'll get you a Male, Modest Extrasensory-knowing Cyndaquil.

I'd give you the trio if you could even get me the extrasensory vulpix, but go for gold if you want.

Magnum

I already have a Vulpix with Extrasensory. I'll trade just to spite Kayo

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

A noble effort, but Kayo is currently offering to go all the way to my Cyndaquil...

Magnum

Quote from: Sora on January 04, 2011, 10:49:29 PM
A noble effort, but Kayo is currently offering to go all the way to my Cyndaquil...
I lol'd. But seriously, I don't have one.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Kayo

Quote from: Sora on January 04, 2011, 10:49:29 PM
Uh, just realized a flaw in the plan. Getting the Cyndaquil Modest isn't as easy as I thought.

I can still do it, but I have to rely on the random nature selector, since I can't use the everstone due to my lack of a Modest female Cyndaquil. The everstone only works if the mother's holding it, not the father.

But Cyndaquil has an 87.5% chance of being male. And there are 20 possible natures, so... *quick math*

Each egg has roughly a 5% chance or hatching into a Male Cyndaquil with the desired nature. In other words, It might take me a day or two, but I should have it by Friday.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on January 05, 2011, 01:07:11 PM
Uh, just realized a flaw in the plan. Getting the Cyndaquil Modest isn't as easy as I thought.

I can still do it, but I have to rely on the random nature selector, since I can't use the everstone due to my lack of a Modest female Cyndaquil. The everstone only works if the mother's holding it, not the father.

But Cyndaquil has an 87.5% chance of being male. And there are 20 possible natures, so... *quick math*

Each egg has roughly a 5% chance or hatching into a Male Cyndaquil with the desired nature. In other words, It might take me a day or two, but I should have it by Friday.
...Uh...

I need to get myself a Raikou. I have that darn dog running around Johto while the other two are in my possession.

Neerb

Quote from: Ingus on January 05, 2011, 02:33:05 PM
...Uh...

I need to get myself a Raikou. I have that darn dog running around Johto while the other two are in my possession.

Why'd you quote Kayo?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Sora on January 05, 2011, 05:31:59 PM
Why'd you quote Kayo?
Your question is the same as asking why a Modest Male (specifications FTW?) Cyndaquil with a Psychic-type move (the hell?) is related to the Shiny Beast Trio.

Neerb

Quote from: Ingus on January 05, 2011, 07:14:54 PM
Your question is the same as asking why a Modest Male (specifications FTW?) Cyndaquil with a Psychic-type move (the hell?) is related to the Shiny Beast Trio.

It's related because, as mentioned earlier, that's what Kayo will give me in exchange for my Shiny Beast Trio.

I'm just wondering why you quoted Kayo's cyndaquil post while explaining your lack of Raikou.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Sora on January 05, 2011, 08:17:30 PM
It's related because, as mentioned earlier, that's what Kayo will give me in exchange for my Shiny Beast Trio.

I'm just wondering why you quoted Kayo's cyndaquil post while explaining your lack of Raikou.
Actually, that really solves my problem.

...But why a Psychic move on a Fire-type Pokemon?

Neerb

Quote from: Ingus on January 05, 2011, 08:39:43 PM
Actually, that really solves my problem.

...But why a Psychic move on a Fire-type Pokemon?

I want a Special Attacking Typhlosion. He'll be wearing a choice item (scarf or specs), and his first three moves will be: Eruption, Focus Blast, and back-up Fire move (Flamethrower probably). However, I have absolutely no idea what to give him for his final move, because Typhlosion is unfortunately limited in that department. I'm giving him Extrasensory, but if you can think of something better, I'd love suggestions.

Kayo

Quote from: Sora on January 05, 2011, 09:03:02 PM
I want a Special Attacking Typhlosion. He'll be wearing a choice item (scarf or specs), and his first three moves will be: Eruption, Focus Blast, and back-up Fire move (Flamethrower probably). However, I have absolutely no idea what to give him for his final move, because Typhlosion is unfortunately limited in that department. I'm giving him Extrasensory, but if you can think of something better, I'd love suggestions.
May I make a suggestion for your third moveslot? Instead of Flamethrower, how about Overheat? My reason: Once your HP is low enough that Eruption won't do much (at below half, I guess) then Typhlosion with it's sub-average defenses would only be able to take one more hit or so. So that Special Attack drop doesn't matter. Plus, add a STAB Overheat to the boost given by Blaze (if your HP is below 1/3) and the results are amazing.
[move][/move]