News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Maps Silver should add to the server.

Started by Ultimate Umbreon, January 11, 2009, 07:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimate Umbreon

ctf_vikings_final
I will add anything anyone posts to the list.

Silverhawk79

Just a note, I prefer adding maps with a smaller filesize, until we get FastDL working.
Added cp_stag, can't find ctf_vikings_final, and also added pl_donkeykong_final. :3

Link3588

The DL sucks, you better have a list of these maps so i don't spend a year and a half downloading them off the server.

Hishipi

Quote from: Link3588 on January 11, 2009, 07:34:39 PM
The DL sucks, you better have a list of these maps so i don't spend a year and a half downloading them off the server.

or you could just like, search fpsbanana for 3 seconds :-X
~Hishipi

Link3588

Quote from: Hishipi on January 11, 2009, 08:23:57 PM

And that is why I want a list.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Link3588 on January 12, 2009, 05:59:47 AM
Quote from: Hishipi on January 11, 2009, 08:23:57 PM

And that is why I want a list.
maplist.txt

ctf_impact2
tc_hydro
cp_well
cp_granary
cp_dustbowl
cp_gravelpit
ctf_2fort
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_pacfortress
cp_fastlane
ctf_turbine
pl_badwater
ctf_wtf_v3
cp_steel
cp_hotelhell
cp_dangit_noodle_v1
cp_orange_x4
pl_donkeykong_final
cp_desertfortress
ctf_mach4
cp_stag
cp_roswell
cp_orange_x3
cp_toy_fort_beta2
cp_warpath2
ctf_bball2
ctf_face
cp_bestinclass_v2
melee_ringking
balloon_race_v1
wacky_races_v2
cyberpunk (works now)

Link3588

Wow, I thought I had way more maps to download but I only count 4 that I don't have.

Ultimate Umbreon

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 11, 2009, 12:53:34 PM
Just a note, I prefer adding maps with a smaller filesize, until we get FastDL working.
Added cp_stag, can't find ctf_vikings_final, and also added pl_donkeykong_final. :3
I can't find vikings either. Go to a server that runs it and dl it from there
Server IP: 194.154.191.9:27017
EDIT: Found a download. Its a .rar file. Click on the link here. http://fpsbanana.verygames.net/maps4/maps/127/ctf_vikings_final.rar

Red Alert

I hope you guys realize the reason no one plays on your server is because you have about a 10:1 poopty:decent map ratio

Jono2

Quote from: Red Alert on January 20, 2009, 07:01:17 PM
I hope you guys realize the reason no one plays on your server is because you have about a 10:1 poopty:decent map ratio

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Red Alert

here's what you should do:

keep all your whacky and zany maps on the server, but don't make them part of the rotation. Switch to them as an intermission or whatever, just make sure it's very infrequent.

Make the main rotation good maps, like the popular stock maps and some decent customs.

Jono2

Quote from: Red Alert on January 20, 2009, 11:16:18 PM

keep all your whacky and zany maps on the server, but don't make them part of the rotation. Switch to them as an intermission or whatever, just make sure it's very infrequent.

Make the main rotation good maps, like the popular stock maps and some decent customs.

this.

then add in:
Warpath (not warpath2.  warpath has alot more strategy to it)
some Arena maps
pl_frontier (though you really need alot of people for this map)
pl_cranetop
classic Well (looks outdated, but it's awesome)
basically any quality map they have on 2f2f
basically any quality map they have on proving grounds
ctf_2victorian

remove orangeX3 and orangeX4 and dangitnoodle (needs major refining, control points need less time to cap, environment is bland, too many cps)
add in king of the train to rtv or normal rotation
add in team_trial_final
add in some zombiemod maps to rtv
some easy jump maps (wdf scoutjump, jump_rush)
add in pacmanwtf to random rotation (not the old pacman one, the one with hooge ghosts)
add in Steel (as much as I hate it)
add in blackmesa

most of these maps can be found on 2f2f or proving grounds.

Hishipi

Quote from: Jono2 on January 20, 2009, 11:38:59 PM
Quote from: Red Alert on January 20, 2009, 11:16:18 PM

this.

then add in:
Warpath (not warpath2.  warpath has alot more strategy to it)
some Arena maps
pl_frontier (though you really need alot of people for this map)
pl_cranetop
classic Well (looks outdated, but it's awesome)
ctf_2victorian

remove orangeX3 and orangeX4 and dangitnoodle (needs major refining, control points need less time to cap, environment is bland, too many cps)
add in king of the train to rtv or normal rotation
add in team_trial_final
add in some zombiemod maps to rtv
some easy jump maps (wdf scoutjump, jump_rush)
add in pacmanwtf to random rotation (not the old pacman one, the one with hooge ghosts)
add in Steel (as much as I hate it)
add in blackmesa

most of these maps can be found on 2f2f or proving grounds.

just thought I'd point this out:

steel is on the server
orange X3 is off
there are arena maps, it's just that they aren't on rtv, and Silver supposedly doesn't know how to switch to them

also, what's the difference between warpath and warpath2? just wondering

and Silver needs to fix/remove ctf_face and cp_warpath2 D=
~Hishipi

Light

then add in:
Warpath (not warpath2.  warpath has alot more strategy to it) Yes
some Arena maps Yes
pl_frontier (though you really need alot of people for this map) Maybe
pl_cranetop No
classic Well (looks outdated, but it's awesome) Yes
ctf_2victorian Maybe

remove orangeX3 and orangeX4 and dangitnoodle (needs major refining, control points need less time to cap, environment is bland, too many cps) (in order) Orange_x3 is already gone, no, and yes.
add in king of the train to rtv or normal rotation No
add in team_trial_final No
add in some zombiemod maps to rtv No
some easy jump maps (wdf scoutjump, jump_rush) No
add in pacmanwtf to random rotation (not the old pacman one, the one with hooge ghosts) No
add in Steel (as much as I hate it) Maybe
add in blackmesa Maybe
Answers in bold.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Jono2

Quote from: LightningSword on January 21, 2009, 12:01:30 AM
then add in:
Warpath (not warpath2.  warpath has alot more strategy to it) Yes
some Arena maps Yes
pl_frontier (though you really need alot of people for this map) Maybe
pl_cranetop No
classic Well (looks outdated, but it's awesome) Yes
ctf_2victorian Maybe

remove orangeX3 and orangeX4 and dangitnoodle (needs major refining, control points need less time to cap, environment is bland, too many cps) (in order) Orange_x3 is already gone, no, and yes.
add in king of the train to rtv or normal rotation No
add in team_trial_final No
add in some zombiemod maps to rtv No
some easy jump maps (wdf scoutjump, jump_rush) No
add in pacmanwtf to random rotation (not the old pacman one, the one with hooge ghosts) No
add in Steel (as much as I hate it) Maybe
add in blackmesa Maybe
Answers in bold.

this is purely from an "attract a userbase" view.  I hate half of these maps, but they attract people.

pl_cranetop is awesome, but it rarely gets past the first stage, and the third stage is a steamroll for blu (seeing as how if they managed to survive stages 1 and 2, the more balanced 3 is a cakewalk).

differences between warpath and warpath2:

-The wood at the bottom can be built through, leading to sneak breaches that are hard to defend against.  The wood can only be broken by it's corresponding team (blu tunnel's wood can only be broken by red, red tunnel's wood can only be broken by blu) meaning that if a team is smart, and keeps their people in line, they can assault the 4th point (THE major chokeup on the map) from underground without fear of being attacked from underground.

-On warpath2, this is very different.  you cannot build through the wooden walls, meaning that you can't sneak attack the underground.  Each team can break the other team's wood and wall from the inside, meaning that the first team that captures point 3 has a major advantage (will never be sneak attacked from the underground if they so choose).

-on points 2 and 4 on Warpath, there are ledges leading up to the garage doors.  This leads to a choke point for people trying to get up, making it a better defence, while keeping away issues with ladders.

-on warpath2, there are ladders instead of the ledges.  This leads to problems, such as people being stuck on the ladder at the same time, spies being revealed incredibly easily by a dispenser at the top, and blocking of the jump from the spawn door to the building immediately on the right when you spawn.  When one attempts to jump, sometimes they will get on the ladder instead.

-on warpath, there is little cover on point 3.  this means that the superior force (attacking or defending) will always have an advantage.  However, the small amount of cover makes it easy for spies to uncloak, as nobody checks wide open areas for spies to uncloak.

-on warpath2, there are indestructible barrels sitting arbitrarily right beside the tunnel exits on point 3.  you can jump on them, but there's no point.  they provide so little cover that it's basically useless, it just stops the defense from seeing the offense when at certain angles.

-on warpath, you can get into any spawn that your team owns, at any point in the game.  This leads to distractions at the mid point, usually being annoying, but a good thing for spies.

-on warpath2, this is removed, and anyone inside a spawn when it is deactivated is trapped unless they swap classes/suicide.

-the ledges on the bridge in warpath2 are more pronounced than warpath.  this leads to annoyances in attempting to walk off the bridge.

-in warpath, points 2 and 4 are uncaptured upon round start, meaning you have to capture them before you can capture the middle point, which (in a good team) leads to scout rushes at the middle while the rest of the team captures the 2nd point.

-in warpath2, these are sealed, and everyone rushes the middle point instantly (which, on this map, isn't great because of the lack of cover.  it always ends in a massive bloodshed when one team falls back a bit, then resurges with reinforcements, capturing the middle point, the other team then resurges and captures it and holds).

There are other changes too, but I can't remember them.  I haven't played much warpath2.

Also, you can get on the roof of points 2 and 4 as engineer in both versions, which is really lame (I'd like for someone to retool this and make it into, say, warpathNSF, just to fix this.