News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

REVIEW CONTEST *REOPENED*

Started by Macawmoses, September 23, 2007, 10:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

For now this will serve as a bulletin board to this thread, also as a way for me to offer my thoughts:

* I just ripped this off from the members of Nsider :P sorry guys. I can't credit yall as I have a bad memory, but I'm not using your artwork ;). Pm me if ya see this*

-Later on the NCR will return, for now it is only ROTW, and seeing as this is separate from the Nsider one ( for obvious reasons ) I guess new staff and new add ons are in order. Also note I will be hosting a contest in the art board...more on that later though

~well i need a banner...i will make one quick, but mine are only so good. If anyone could make one please do so, you will be creditted.

~Well ROTW is back, NCR not quite yet. I need staff, and winner add ons....so if you want to do either tell me. As for staff if you were formally part of it it means NOTHING....it could help you if you are a vet....but trust issues :P I am sure we can work something out though :)

~Humhum....now what to say. I hope this is a success....and will make it. Happy reviewing ^__^

Macawmoses

Rules and Guidelines:

All reviews posted within the given week will be eligible for the award so long as they are reviews of a game on a Nintendo system* (current generation or not).
*this will not apply currently

A week is counted from Monday to the time the winner is posted mid-Sunday( or SATURDAY sometime, depending on the circumstances. The week starts with the net review posted after the winner is announced in these cases). From the announcement of the winner, the next week in succession will start.

As with other contests throughout the forums, there is no formula or set of pointers you need to follow to up your chances of winning. You can write your reviews in any format and organize it in any way you see fit. Always through, be on the look for cohesiveness and fluidity in your review. Presenting information in a well thought out manner will get you far. Please note, that seeing as there are many reviews on NSIDER please post them here and they will qualify, even if they won before, it really doesnt matter, for now. More detailed rules will be implemented later, and this is only temporary.

STAFF:
mackormoses *OFFICIAL*
bluej33 *OFFICIAL*
OLIMAR_91

ARTISTS:
Nine 1 One *OFFICIAL*

Macawmoses

NCR *tentative rules*

EVERY two weeks there will be a list of ten or so reviews. The users then vote on which review they believe to be the best, but if there is a tie...the judge of that week decides. Your votes need to be sent to the judge who posts the list, as other judges may have a review on the list that week. Judges can't post their own reviews on the list, and as long as a judge isnt that week's judge they may vote. The prize will be an add on and there is another prize in the works...but what could it be? You'll have to win to find out :O

Hmm well I am going to be updating this post more, as this contest is always growing and changing. These rules are tentative until the review board's activity is picked up. Thankyou for your cooperation!

~MoM~

Judges:
Mackormoses

Macawmoses

PXD

Hay Mack! Glad to see you made the transition well ;p

I definitely hope you've got the NCR rules close to memory - if not, I can try and help out as much as I can, or find someone like BigBad or ILove.

For staff, I think you should focus on looking for some of the original staff (both RotW and NCR) before offering new jobs. RotW judge applications should probably have each person submitting a review they wrote and have someone (or some people ;p) who know a lot about reviewing take a glance at it. This isn't meant to be saying that the folks who'd look over the entries know everything about reviewing, but they do know quite a bit. An RotW/NCR award in the past would help, but wouldn't be totally necessary.

NCR...perhaps leave it up for the Reviews board members to decide, in the spirit of the contest.

Yeah, I'm totally welcome to give you some tips if you want, Mack. Otherwise, good luck ;p

Macawmoses

Quote from: PXD on September 25, 2007, 03:32:17 PM
Hay Mack! Glad to see you made the transition well ;p

I definitely hope you've got the NCR rules close to memory - if not, I can try and help out as much as I can, or find someone like BigBad or ILove.

For staff, I think you should focus on looking for some of the original staff (both RotW and NCR) before offering new jobs. RotW judge applications should probably have each person submitting a review they wrote and have someone (or some people ;p) who know a lot about reviewing take a glance at it. This isn't meant to be saying that the folks who'd look over the entries know everything about reviewing, but they do know quite a bit. An RotW/NCR award in the past would help, but wouldn't be totally necessary.

NCR...perhaps leave it up for the Reviews board members to decide, in the spirit of the contest.

Yeah, I'm totally welcome to give you some tips if you want, Mack. Otherwise, good luck ;p

HEY PXD, ( tell me if you remember me, i remember you ), I am glad to hear input ( at long last ;O) Now I do very well remember the NCR rules, after voting numerous times :O . Even having an entry in there...so I know how it works. Over at the crusaders HQ there are users like RIO, AKEMI, and ILOVE, and I hope to recruit them. Also I am looking for BBB, and I know a site where he is a mod so I will be in touch with him. Yes, I do like the ideas of an application, BUT.....I may not be the MOST qualified to pass judgement....true I commented on literally 100 + reviews in my short time at NSIDER ( hmmm all I had to do was follow KRATOS around for that amount so...)but in that time I only posted 2 ut of my numerous reviews I have written ( yay for school paper?) As for a past review award I didnt have permission, so I will get new ones...in the spirit of...honor? However I had to rip off the rules due to lack of time ( but I will make my own set for ROTW, it is only right.) Please continue your support and advce as it is appreciated. /wall of text

~MoM~

bluej33

PXD, congrats on MOD status ;)

And Mack, I'd like to throw my name into the ring for ROTW judge, if that's all right with you.

Macawmoses

Quote from: bluej33 on September 26, 2007, 03:05:15 PM
PXD, congrats on MOD status ;)

And Mack, I'd like to throw my name into the ring for ROTW judge, if that's all right with you.

throw away, and submit to me either:

A) detailed resumé and critique ONE review on this board

B) ONE REVIEW of your own, plus a critique

C) BOTH

FLAIRFAN777

still stuck on reviews moses?
anyways, i would like to submit one but i don't have time(grounded) my dad will be mad if he comes down and sees me online.
good to see ya, add me to friends

LINKNLYD, THENINTENDODUDE, and BOWSERFREAK13, please tell me if you are them or find them

Macawmoses

Quote from: FLAIRFAN777 on September 26, 2007, 05:16:50 PM
anyways, i would like to submit one but i don't have time(grounded) my dad will be mad if he comes down and sees me online.

no...way...i joined every forum just to find you and a few others....YES!!! and remember I will help you write your review ^__^

FLAIRFAN777

Quote from: mackormoses on September 26, 2007, 06:12:41 PM
Quote from: FLAIRFAN777 on September 26, 2007, 05:16:50 PM

no...way...i joined every forum just to find you and a few others....YES!!! and remember I will help you write your review ^__^

i didn't think you would be here, but yah, that's awesome, i ws hoping tho, that i would find you

LINKNLYD, THENINTENDODUDE, and BOWSERFREAK13, please tell me if you are them or find them

Macawmoses

THis weeks ROTW winner will be announced tonight. Best of Luck!

Macawmoses

The following reviews were judged

( in no particular order )
1. Castlevania: Simon's Quest by BAKA
2. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin by BAKA
3.  ~The Kong Are Back~ Diddy Kong Racing DS Review by: Cyberman6
4.  Luigi's Mansion Short Review by Cajunstarwalker
5.  2-D, 3-D, make up your mind Mario! A super Paper Mario review by Triforce_Luigi
6.  Final Fantasy II (IV) - My Forte. by Riddler_Rob
7.  Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door  by Baka
8.  Yoshi's Island DS by  Baka

Macawmoses

Yoshi's Island Ds by BAKA has won this weeks contest ( in the above post it is entry 8 ) so look forward to your prize!

Macawmoses