News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

PFOTW Looking for judges before it can begin.

Started by Wild C, September 24, 2007, 03:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild C

This will be a place to put your Pokemon fanfics to the test. Hopefully this contest will run on a regular basis. Now for some rules.

The Rules:
1. Most importantantly your fanfic must be about Pokemon.
2. You must PM your entry to Wild C(me)
3. In order to enter you must have either a prologue and 2 chapters, or if you have no prologue you must have three chapters.
4. If you win First Place or Wild's Pick you must add three new chapters and wait for a complete month to re-enter the contest.
5. If you Place at Second you must post one chapter and wait for two weeks.
6. Third Place and Honerable mention will not be re-entered automatically. You must PM all entries to me or else you will not be entered!
7. No spamming chatting or flaming in this thread.
8. Have fun and good luck.
9. Wild's Pick is chosen only if you have at least one First Place vote.
10. Once you enter you cannot pull out of the contest.
11. The details that must be included on your pm to enter the contest must be as follows.

the subject must be PFOTW entry
in the body of the message you must have the url and the title of your fic.

12. Only the author of the fic can enter the fic into the contest.
13. One-shot fics will be allowed to enter, but if they win second place or higher, they will not be allowed to submit for entry again.
14. Judges will be allowed to enter their fic, however they will not be able to vote the week they are entered. Also only one judge will be able to enter in a week, to prevent a lack of Judging slots.
15. I need at least 5 entries before we can start the contest.

Judges, and their judging philosophies:

Wild C:The head honcho of this thread: I will do a thorough read of the fic. I will rate the fic based on Spelling and Grammar, Length, Plot, Characters, and Description Then after all is said and done, if there is a tie, I will break the tie depending on how well I liked the story.

Elite Lord Sigma: Co-host of the PFOTW, and one of the previous judges from the old PFOTW on NSider. ELS will host the winners archive.The most important part of a story is detail. Obviously, boring stories are not something I like to spend my time reading, but being overly elaborate won't help, either. Keep it balanced. Plot is also important. I don't mind a few clichés strewn about here and there, but there'll be problems if I can guess what will happen unintentionally several chapters in advance. Also, don't make chapters too long or too short, but this matters little compared to other details. Also, spelling and grammar is vital. It's a shame if you submit me a great story that I can't read because the story is jumbled gibberish.The only time I'll put my own personal preferences into play is if there is a tie.

Exist: A judge from the old PFOTW on NSider. He will give out the award sigs to the appropriate winners. ( I have most of the sigs, I just have to upload them to Photobucket, unless new ones can be made.)Still waiting on Philosophy, coming soon.

LIGHTNINGSWORD: A new judge to the PFOTW, and he will be in charge of Receiving the Judges votes, putting them into a tally, and sending the tally to me, so I can pick out Wild's Pick.If you have many spelling and grammar mistakes, you have a definite no from me. Now, with that out of the way: My overall philosophy is that you make the story your own, but keep the main characters the way the creator imagined them to be. Stay away from cliches, and be original!

ULTIMATEKAOS: A new judge added to our staff. i look for spelling and grammar and then i look for originality, and an interesting plot.

Still need judges. Anyone interested, please drop me a pm. Entitle it PFOTW Judging Position. Judging Philosophies were copied, and pasted, I chose not to fix any errors there may be.

Attention Judges: When you submit your votes to Sword, please send them to him in this fashion.

First:
Second:
Third:
Fourth:
Fifth:

This way it will be easier for him to tally, and send to me.

WiinolikePS3

It might take awhile for you to get judges, as this forum started VERY recently. luckily, everyone else is coming here rapidly and you'll eventually have enough people.

I'd apply, but I have a fanfic, so...

Wild C

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on September 24, 2007, 03:54:36 PM
It might take awhile for you to get judges, as this forum started VERY recently. luckily, everyone else is coming here rapidly and you'll eventually have enough people.

I am not sure if you read all of the rules, but you can still be a judge. The only thing is you cannot judge the week your fic is entered. And I know that it will take a while. But I questioned two people I found elsewhere and am waiting for a response.

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Wild C on September 24, 2007, 03:57:05 PM
Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on September 24, 2007, 03:54:36 PM

I am not sure if you read all of the rules, but you can still be a judge. The only thing is you cannot judge the week your fic is entered. And I know that it will take a while. But I questioned two people I found elsewhere and am waiting for a response.
Oh...

Well, I plan on entering my fic during the first contest, so... I'll wait till the week AFTER that to become a judge, srry.

Elite Lord Sigma

Great, the entire Winners' Archive disappeared...dangit.

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

WiinolikePS3

Cajunstarwalker

I'll enter as soon as I post my fic yet again on another forum. *this one*  :P

Wild C

Wii, I am pretty sure ELS has it taken care of, and if he cannot find the old ones, that is fine, as this tread is new, since I am running it and the old commander isn't here to do so.

Cajun, just remember to PM me with the proper format, or it will not be accepted.

Everyone else: Please be advised that the note to Cajun is for everybody, and we can still use a couple of more judges, and I will accept entries, while I wait for judges!