News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

List of Bands You've Seen Live

Started by Custom, December 19, 2012, 04:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

I decided to make a list for personal reference because people on last.fm (aka /mu/) will make fun of me for my taste in music and this forum gets no posts anyway
you can make your own lists if you want i don't give a intercourse

(My first show was in 2010, aside from garage rock bands and local talent shows I really didn't go to much. The only really notable band I saw before this show would be Hysteria who I saw while I was in middle school.)

I'm going to try to do this by year, but I probably won't be able to. HERE GOES NOTHING

2010:
The Henry Clay People, Against Me!, Silversun Pickups. at the Fox Theater in Oakland

Finish Ticket, Broken Bells, The Black Keys, Phoenix (Had a great light show), My Chemical Romance, The Smashing Pumpkins (They were really butthurt and annoying because all the mcr fangirls walked out during their set. BOO HOO) this was at the The HP Pavilion in San Jose for the Live105 Not So Silent Night 2010

I think that was it for 2010. I think I got everything in order too. GREAT!

2011:
This is where things start getting blurry. :(

BEGIN WARPED TOUR BLOCK

A big part of the bands I saw were at Warped Tour 2011 at the Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mountain View California.

First band I saw was August Burns Red, I know that.
Of Mice & Men (had the most moshpits)
The Expendables
Dance Gavin Dance (With Jonny Craig and everything!)
Asking Alexandria (Partial set)
Attack Attack! (I think we listened to a partial set, alex help me out. Maybe they played during The Word Alive and jess and I caught then when we went to wait for ISMFOF)
Big Chocolate
The Word Alive (Only stayed for Hounds of Anubis, lol)
I Set My Friends on Fire
A Day to Remember (Last show I saw, caught the end of the set)
I also caught a little bit of Winds of Plague and Miss May I, but not much.

I think that's all in order minus Asking Alexandria and Attack Attack, I'm not sure about those.
Bands there I wish I would've seen: Big D and the Kids Table, Foxy Shazam, Set Your Goals, The Devil Wears Prada (Although I'm sure they'd be a completely different band than the one I liked in middle school), Woe Is Me.

END WARPED TOUR

Mariachi el Bronx (Missed them), Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters at the Oracle Arena in Oakland

I saw Dir En Grey in the Regency Ballroom in SF late that year. This is probably one of the most powerful performances given by a band I've ever seen. Shit was insane.

I saw Darkest Hour, Suicide Silence (with Mitch :( ), and Machine Head at The Warfield in San Fransisco
I had balcony seats to this and every time SS did a breakdown they would shake. I went because I had to do a school project for a concert report, hahaha. I didn't like SS before I saw them live, but their poop is crazy to hear in person. Great band.

I'LL EDIT THE REST LATER

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Silverhawk79

Zero

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 21, 2012, 01:16:10 AM
But that's where I spend most of my time.

It's poop.

They're so bad they make /a/ look good.

Custom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 21, 2012, 01:16:10 AM
But that's where I spend most of my time.
your taste in music is pretty horribad but your band is pretty good
how'd that work out

Zero

Quote from: Custom on December 21, 2012, 03:38:42 AM
your taste in music is pretty horribad but your band is pretty good
how'd that work out

on the flip side Vanilla Ice actually has pretty good taste in music but his music is terrible

poop happens bro

Custom

ALEX WHO DID WE SEE AT OUTSIDE LANDS PLZ RESPOND

Kayo

i saw Underoath last month on their farewell tour

good show
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 18, 2013, 09:40:46 PM
i saw Underoath last month on their farewell tour

good show

lucky :(
did they play writing on the walls

Custom

UPDATE UPDATE JUST SAW RUSSIAN CIRCLES, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME, AND COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 20, 2013, 03:13:38 AM
lucky :(
did they play writing on the walls
yeah, they closed with it. intercourse ing amazing

there's a video of it on youtube somewhere and you can find me using my hair i don't know how i feel about that
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Custom on February 18, 2013, 01:44:09 PM
ALEX WHO DID WE SEE AT OUTSIDE LANDS PLZ RESPOND

Band's I've seen:

Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders, Intronaut, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dethklok, All That Remains, Machine Head, Foo Fighters, Beck, Justice, Reggie Watts, Yacht, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Explosions in the Sky, Tame Impala, Zola Jesus, Skrillex, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Rebellution, Testament, Paul McCartney, Lamb of God, The Sword, A Day to Remember, August Burns Red, Attack Attack!, Asking Alexandria, I Set My Friends on Fire, Dance Gavin Dance, The Word Alive, and Big Chocolate. (I'm sure there are bands that I'm missing...)

UPCOMING CONCERTS:

March 12th: Soilwork, Jeff Loomis, Blackguard, Bonded by Blood, and Hatchet (I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to this, but I'd like to.)

March 16th: As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, and For Today

April 14th: Anthrax, Exodus, Municipal Waste, High on Fire, and Holy Grail
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

CoasterKid93

I saw As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, For Today, and The Chariot last Saturday. Really good show, except the lead singer to For Today went on a 5 minute PRAISE JESUS rant.

Kayo

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on March 19, 2013, 04:59:17 PM
I saw As I Lay Dying, The Devil Wears Prada, For Today, and The Chariot last Saturday. Really good show, except the lead singer to For Today went on a 5 minute PRAISE JESUS rant.
Was For Today at least good? I've always found that those "Christian" metal bands tend to put out some really good stuff, but I've never heard of that group before now.
[move][/move]

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Kayo on March 19, 2013, 09:13:58 PM
Was For Today at least good? I've always found that those "Christian" metal bands tend to put out some really good stuff, but I've never heard of that group before now.

I mean, they put on a really good show but they are VERY christian