News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The TK in dubai thread; Your local questions answered right here.

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 22, 2010, 03:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Alright, so as some of you may know, I'm in dubai until at least the beginning of summer. So I want a thread where not only I can vent about some stupid things here and talk about how great others are but here you can also ask me questions.

Just remember one footnote: I'm mainly in Silicon Oasis, Black Hole (joke but it's a void type town) so I may not be able to answer everything.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

Thirdkoopa

Hmm...Pretty odd actually. You don't really feel like you're in the middle east until you see actual signs or some of the people around. You feel like you're in some awkward hybrid of a few places like Brazil, New York, San Diego, and so on more so. One of those hybrid's contains the middle east of course.

That's the best way to put it. While you have to respect there laws in Dubai It's not as bad as other places around here.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Dog Food

Do a lot of the people there speak English?

Do they look down upon Americans?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Turok

Quote from: Cartman on March 22, 2010, 07:34:47 PM
Do a lot of the people there speak English?

Do they look down upon Americans?
Took my questions.

Ummm, made an friends?

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Thirdkoopa

@KJ: Best way to sum up the english part is "It's like how most people speak Spanish and English, except swap Spanish with Arabic and have Arabic appearing much more frequently along with a lesser vocabulary overall"

As for the second it depends on who you're talking to. We have yet to see that many "Up tight" people about it; A lot here have never actually been out of the country. So It's more of a generalization (At least in Dubai) But I can still see how the generalization applies more than others.

@Turok: Does my new TV count? Any friends? Sorta. I'd consider them acquaintances really but yeah; I've met a few people over at my dad's workplace. Now that we have stable internet I don't have much of a reason to be there but my dad's back so I'll just go there for the hell of having more to do around here. :D

And I've met some neat people overall in malls.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Third K on March 22, 2010, 06:58:47 PM
That's the best way to put it. While you have to respect there laws in Dubai It's not as bad as other places around here.

Right, you won't get stoned for homosexual activity, you'll only get thrown in the slammer for a couple years. This includes cases of rape. And people think America is backwards.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Guildenstern on March 22, 2010, 09:41:55 PM
Right, you won't get stoned for homosexual activity, you'll only get thrown in the slammer for a couple years. This includes cases of rape. And people think America is backwards.
Yeah; Some of the laws are still very hard to justify here. I really wish they'd break away from culture. If they did probably like a good 30-40% of problems would be removed.

now ask me more questions guys

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Guildenstern on March 22, 2010, 09:41:55 PM
Except Dubai doesn't travel the world trying to spread freedom and democracy and claiming to be a "land of the free."  They have no qualms about being an Islamic Republic (or whochever form of government they are, it's theocratic in nature and that enough to be said).

And TK, are you going to visit the Burj Dubai (I know the renamed it but I can't be assed to look it up right now).

Macawmoses

Is the Burj Dubai the same as the Burj Al-Arab?

Also, how about The World? Any plans of visiting it?

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: King Richard on March 26, 2010, 12:15:21 AM
Is the Burj Dubai the same as the Burj Al-Arab?

Also, how about The World? Any plans of visiting it?
No, but oh god, that's such a gorgeous building. ;________;

Macawmoses

I love how it had rain clouds forming inside the actual building. I could only imagine it. Plus, the fire display out front.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Magnum on March 25, 2010, 09:56:08 PM
Do you have someone you think is hawt and want to date?
Even if I wasn't in a relationship right now, so far, no.

@Berj Al-Arab: Yes actually. I've seen it on the beach and ran to it a few times during jobs; It's very awesome on the outside, exactly what you'd expect but not all that on the inside. I may end up having breakfast there with my dad and his boss sometime.

@Berj Dubai: May have. I remember my dad mentioning it in the car once; Probably have just seen it.

@The World: Any plans of visiting it? If I knew what it was maybe. I'll have to check that out.

Friendly Hostile

Burj Dubai is the tallest building on the planet and ever built TK, it's kind of hard to miss. :x