News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Evolution of Pokemon

Started by Macawmoses, October 05, 2008, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

No, not evolution, like Chansey to Blissey, but evolution of the series.

The series started as we know and love it, and would ultimately grow to include the odd console version, but then spin-offs ensued.

We got Pinball, Panel de Pon (in a new package), a photo game and a....running challenge? Regardless, as of late, with new Mystery Dungeons recently released, on top of a new Pokemon Ranger title coming out, the evolution has been extremely evident.

But what are your thoughts on these spin-off titles?

To me, I see them as necessary. Especially full out games like Mystery Dungeon, which keeps the player in the realm of all things Poké, but really, it offers them an experience in a familiar setting that they may not get else where. The other thing is the fact that the main series is kind of like the DS - Lite -DSi, merely upgrades to one another, with some expansions.

So, I think Pokemon is a great series to spin off of, there are a lot of opportunities, and its' proven to stand the test of time. Really, I think Pokemon wouldn't be around today if it didn't evolve, how about you?

Dill

The only one I liked was Snap. I would lick the hineyhole of Miyamoto until the end of days if they were to release it for the Wii. As for the rest, I don't like any of them. Mystery Dungeon almost touched on what I had always wanted Pokemon to become (a game where you played the Pokemon in a fighting game-like style), but they ruined that when they made it like Fantasy Star or some other forgotten Genesis experimental RPG, and everyone knows Sega's the only company who can do something completely new and unheard of correctly. CDs, online gaming, Power Stone.