News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

If [video game] was made for [console]...

Started by bluaki, August 02, 2010, 06:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

I have a feeling this thread idea could be either completely terrible or somewhat popular. I'm not even sure this is the sort of thing that belongs on this board. I guess I might as well post it :x

1. Pick a significant video game
2. Pick a console other than those it actually exists on. Accessories that can drastically change gameplay, like Kinect and PS Move, count as different systems for this sake. Valid consoles even include things like PC, arcade machines, Game&Watch, etc.
3. Explain the hopefully humorous or rageworthy etc. result on said game's gameplay. Focus on and exaggerate any console features you want, whether motion, graphics, online, etc. You are free to completely ruin loved games, make a game sound better than its real version, completely change the game, or whatever. Just try to be more creative than "Halo 3 on PSP would suck because of loading times". And vary your choices enough so that we don't see the same console or game repeatedly.
4. Post any opinions on a previous post, of course. Feel free to rage, rate it, or expand on it.

I'll start with a simple example: Wind Waker on Wii.
The Wind Waker itself is now heavily overused and is required for many trivial things. It is controlled via mostly-unresponsive motion controls. All bomb-cannon (when sailing) gameplay is made much easier than it should be thanks to pointer. Sword waggling and other controls are like TP. Tingle Tuner is completely removed, because Nintendo refuses to support the Wii-DS connectivity capabilities in its games (outside of PBR, for which they couldn't). There are now more minigames for various treasure/triforce charts which revolve around motion controls, so the triforce collecting quest takes even longer. Graphics are not better at all.

Neerb

If Star Wars Battlefront II was made for Wii Motion Plus, it would have amazingly fun controls for Jedi lightsaber fighting and infrafed aiming, but it would have no split-screen and online would suck beyond comprehension. Also, the graphics would be even worse, because third parties hate Wii like fanboys hate Jar Jar.

If Pokemon was made for PSP, no one would buy it.  :P

Rayquarian

If Metal Gear Sold 3 was made for the Nintendo 3DS, I'd have to buy it.

If Mario were made for the Xbox 360, its dialog would be comparable to Conker's Bad Fur Day and it's gameplay would be similar to a cross between Shadow Complex and Halo 3.

Shujinco2

If Halo were made for the NES, it would be Contra with aliens.

SkyMyl