News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Sound of Silence

Started by Dog Food, June 13, 2009, 10:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

The Sound of Silence

You are lying down, asleep, in the center of a white room. You have no previous memory of anything of yourself or your past life. This room is so purely white that it has a glow to it, and you can not tell where one wall ends and another begins.

What do you do?
   Wake up
   Continue sleeping

[Yes, it's one of those games. Choose an option, suffer the consequence. Join in anytime and help the cause. You've got 9 lives. Don't mess up. GOGOGO.]

*More stuff might be edited in here later if I feel like it*
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

jnfs2014

Sufficate yourself 8 times.

SkyMyl

Sound of Silence? SoS?

Anyway, wake up.

Doodle

YEAH

Dog Food

Your eyes flutter open, but the intensity of the whiteness blinds you. In those few moments where you are lying there in a daze, you feel a constriction around your left wrist. Shading your eyes with your right hand, you look down to find a watch securely strapped around your wrist. This watch is rather peculiar looking. It looks as if it might be made of metal, and has quite a few buttons and what looks like an antennae that can be pulled out of it. The watch hasn't been set, so you do not know the time or date.

You ignore the watch for now and adjust your eyes to your new surroundings. Where the hell are you? You feel as if you are floating in some time paradox, but when you stamp your foot on the floor you can feel and hear solid ground. The noise bounces off the walls, making it sound amplified. You realize you must be in a small room, but you still don't know why or how you got here. And an even deeper question stumps you. You can not remember anything, not about yourself, or anyone else. Your mind is a complete blank. You look down to see you are wearing a pair of white sneakers, blue jeans, and a black T-shirt. You take in your features, although there isn't much to see. You have muscle, with implied physical capability, as well as a tan (although everything seems darker in this bright, white room) which could mean you spent a lot of time outside. You acknowledge this information as fact, as you have no one or anything else to turn to. So now you are a mysterious man, even to yourself, stuck in a white room. You couldn't be more thrilled.

What do you do?
   Set the watch
   Search the room
   Panic

Doodle

YEAH

jnfs2014

Panic and bang your head against whatever you can find.

Dog Food

Quote from: JNFS2014 on June 13, 2009, 04:03:57 PM
Panic and bang your head against whatever you can find.
You chose an actual option =O.

And I've been responding to these quickly so far. Mostly because 1) I have the first few already completed, 2) I want to get to the plot, since that is much more interesting before I try to get a lot more people making choices, and 3) Until we get into the story, there isn't many things that will make you lose a life, only quicker and slower ways of getting there.

Now that you are awake and have time to think, panic begins to settle in. You can no longer control your breathing and you feel as if the walls are closing in on you.

"HELP!" you shout as loud as you can. "SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE!" With your increased stress levels, the watch begins to beep and you realize it must be recording your heart rate. This annoys you further, as you feel that someone is playing some evil game on you, trying to give you a heart attack or something. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?" No one answers you.

You run into a wall, punching it with your fists and tears start to stream down your face. "What... do... you... want... with... me..." You grow tired, and you feel a stinging pain in your hands, which you can see are bleeding. They must be broken now, and you slide down against the wall and cry. Your heart rate, which was rapidly beating, now began to slow down as you drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

You begin to have a vivid dream. In the dream, you are sitting in a white room with another man. The man is sitting on a white stool, making it almost look as if he is floating. He wears a white robe and has a long white beard, making it look almost as if he is just a floating head. There is no noise, not even the sound of silence. It is eerie, but you stand there, waiting for instructions, although you don't understand why. The old man points out the watch you are still wearing. You stare blankly at it, until the old man points to an identical looking watch on his wrist. He pulls the antennae out and presses a button on his watch. Your watch begins to ring, but you don't look at it or bother answering it. 'Communication,' you realize, although you don't know why you need to communicate with this man.

"Where am I?" you ask him. He shakes his head and whispers something into his watch.

This time you answer the call, only to hear a robotic voice say, "Wrong question."
Before you have a chance to say anything more, the dream fades...

You wake up slumped over on the ground. Your hands are both still sore, but they've stopped bleeding now. Everything looks the same. You can't tell whether it is night or day, when it is, or where you are. Nothing has changed. Yet you still wonder whether that was truly a dream or not. Now you look at the watch on your wrist, and you ponder its functions. And then another thought enters your mind: Who was that old man, and what did he mean by 'wrong question'. What was the right question?

What do you do?
   Check out the watch
   Search the room
   Examine your hand

   Panic again

[Note: A red color means you've tried this option before. But, when I give you a red option, it either means choosing it again will result in the loss of a life or something to further the plot will happen. You have to decide whether you want or can afford to take the chance and if you need a speedy plot advancement.]

SkyMyl

Examine your hand to see if they're fine, then check the watch.

Kierou

Doodle

YEAH

jnfs2014

THEBIRD

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 13, 2009, 05:13:51 PM
Examine your hand to see if they're fine, then check the watch.
Yeah, do that. Or just check the watch, if your hand is broken I think you'll find out when you try to move it anyway.

Dog Food

Your eyes go to the watch on your left wrist. Now that you've let out your extra energy, you decide the first thing to do is to find out what this watch is for. Obviously it is of importance, that strange dream you had seemed to be hinting at that. You move your hands to get some feeling back in them. It is painful, and you wince, but they appear to still be intact, just weak. You begin tapping buttons on the watch, not exactly sure what you are looking for. Then you find the menu.

Menu
'Communicate'
'Map'
'Navigate'
'Data'
'End Sequence'

The menu options confused you. There isn't even a button to change the time or date of the watch. You sit there in confusion, wondering what to do next.

What do you do?
   Try one of the watch functions
   Lean back and relax
   Search the room

Doodle

YEAH