News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Clone (WIP)

Started by Omega12, August 26, 2008, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega12

Clone is a game idea i have had for a while, and am going to try to develop this game in Game Maker since I have some experience in GM.

Clone basically revolves around you "Clone 001" or "The Clone" trying to escape from a laboratory and end up having to save the world, blah blah blah generic s***. What will make clone unique is the "Clone" ability (think Kirby only different, you will see what I mean). The Clone ability can be used to copy the general appearance of a person, robot, or animal.

So Basically I am going to be using this as a sort of "Blog", if you will, for this game. I'm hoping to have a demo or concept demo out sometime this week, or early next week, so even if I abandon this project, you guys will have something to do  :P I am also going to try to fit in some NSFCD references, and anime, music, video game ones as well.

Remember I am doing this in my own free time, so don't count on me to keep a date.

If anyone wants to help me make a sprite of the hero walking post or PM me, I suck at making walking sprites.

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Geoff

What will you be producing this in?

Omega12

I said Game maker.

I'll try to make a demo today also =/

EDIT:

The Demo is now up, it just showcases the very very basic game play element, and the "Cloning ability"

Download

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

noodle976

Make the buttons more responsive.
Stop the guy from drifting away after he touches an ability.
Make the white corners transparent.
Fix wall glitch. (You can go through them if you tap in their direction quickly)
Make the guy walk faster. (When you get walking sprites, make sure the movement matches the speed)
He floats in mid-air sometimes. Other times he comes back down after I make him go up... Fix that... >_>

Geoff

Hmmmmmmmmm........ interesting work.

I think there would be more possibilities if you coded it in actionscript though.

Mario583