News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I... I think I may cry...

Started by Neerb, September 21, 2011, 06:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on September 21, 2011, 09:07:41 PM
i get legit stats just fine, in my version I just insert the IVs and EVs. i don't have to guess on stats or anything, it works perfectly fine.

wait so the game inserts stats for you? HOT DAMN i've been doing it wrong

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 21, 2011, 09:10:31 PM
wait so the game inserts stats for you? HOT DAMN i've been doing it wrong
You've been entering "359, 284" etc. manually?

You mean you don't have this?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on September 21, 2011, 09:14:18 PM
You've been entering "359, 284" etc. manually?

You mean you don't have this?

No I do. I'll describe what I used to do.

-Use wild pokemon mod code in conjuction with wild nature mod code and iv mod code depending on what ivs i wanted
-Catch said pokemon
-look at stats
-copy stats into pokesav
-put EVs/IVs
-Create
-Party because I don't have to grind EVs for 72 hours

I haven't been able to do this for B/W because, well, can't find any wild nature mod or any wild iv mod codes.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 21, 2011, 09:17:16 PM
No I do. I'll describe what I used to do.

-Use wild pokemon mod code in conjuction with wild nature mod code and iv mod code depending one what ivs i wanted
-Catch said pokemon
-look at stats
-copy stats into pokesav
-put EVs/IVs
-Create
-Party because I don't have to grind EVs for 72 hours
Nah just use the PID generator. Just select nature from the drop-down and fill in some IVs and EVs. As far as I know that doesn't intercourse  up anything as long as you do it correctly. In fact, I've used a completely different Pokemon as the template. All you really need from the game is your ID and SID.

Though I have run into problems with Pokemon that have 2 different abilities.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Found the PID Generator but uh, what the intercourse  does this do? Give me stats?

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 21, 2011, 09:22:04 PM
Found the PID Generator but uh, what the intercourse  does this do? Give me stats?
The thing that says IV/PID? As far as I know that isn't necessary. It might be to fix the two-abilities thing (all of a given pokemon created on pokesav will always have the same ability if they evolve, e.g. I tried making a Golett with Iron Fist and it always defaulted to Klutx on evolution) but for everything else, I use the "generate" button above it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Oh its just a random nature/gender/ability generator or whatever.

I'm talking about the Stat Editor in the top left corner. So I don't have to mess with those stats at all except for the level or what?

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on September 21, 2011, 09:42:02 PM
Oh its just a random nature/gender/ability generator or whatever.

I'm talking about the Stat Editor in the top left corner. So I don't have to mess with those stats at all except for the level or what?
That's grayed out for me, so I dunno.
[move][/move]

Zero

greyed out? wut

I think I just figured this out. Thanks for the help

Kayo

Yeah I can't click the "stat edit" thing, at least on the pokemon I just loaded.

But uh, no problem I guess
[move][/move]

Zero

Actually I'm having difficulty with the hex values. Is there a list for B/W hex value? I can't find anything.

Zero

FruitFlow

The only reason why Flareon sucks so bad is because of its shallow movepool.
Fire Fang is its only reliable physical based STAB move, and with such a low base power coupled with a base 130 Attack, it barely does anything. (Even to most Steels)

Arcanine was almost in the exact same situation as Flareon. However, not only did it get Flare Blitz this Gen, but it also got Close Combat. Whereas Flareon is stuck with using Fire Fang and Super Power. Which is lame.

Flareon is also bad in Speed and Endurance. It has a nice base 110 Special Defense, but that's completely derailed by its terrible HP stat. Like Durant, it can't take a hit unless it resists the attack.

Even a boost from Guts wouldn't make him any better.

But lets face it. GameFreak has been trolling pokemon since 1st Gen.

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on September 24, 2011, 11:34:29 PM
The only reason why Flareon sucks so bad is because of its shallow movepool.
Fire Fang is its only reliable physical based STAB move, and with such a low base power coupled with a base 130 Attack, it barely does anything. (Even to most Steels)

Arcanine was almost in the exact same situation as Flareon. However, not only did it get Flare Blitz this Gen, but it also got Close Combat. Whereas Flareon is stuck with using Fire Fang and Super Power. Which is lame.

Flareon is also bad in Speed and Endurance. It has a nice base 110 Special Defense, but that's completely undermined by its terrible HP stat. Like Durant, it can't take a hit unless it resists the attack.

Even a boost from Guts wouldn't make him any better.

But lets face it. GameFreak has been trolling pokemon since 1st Gen.

I think Arcanine's had Flare Blitz since D/P. But yeah, GameFreak hates fire-types so much.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on September 24, 2011, 11:36:16 PM
I think Arcanine's had Flare Blitz since D/P. But yeah, GameFreak hates fire-types so much.
Ah, yes.
You're right. I forgot he learned it as an egg move.

My bad.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."