News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Someone help me with the 3D Dex.

Started by Neerb, August 06, 2011, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on August 10, 2011, 04:19:47 PM
Eh, it's something to do on the 3DS until SOMETHING comes out. And to be honest, I get three free a day when all I have to do is turn it on. So when you're so close to "finishing" it's kind of a dick move to pull stuff like that. It'd be like putting Stars in Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 that required the use of the second player option.

Not the biggest deal ever I admit, but annoying still.

And the controllers cost $170.

Oh gosh, I just got scared for the Wii U.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on August 10, 2011, 04:21:56 PM
And the controllers cost $170.

Oh gosh, I just got scared for the Wii U.
Price isn't an issue for me if I start saving money the moment they announce something new. It really works.

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on August 10, 2011, 04:23:42 PM
Price isn't an issue for me if I start saving money the moment they announce something new. It really works.

Except you should care about pricing because if companies overcharge massively and you buy it it gives them no incentive to change. *shrugs*

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on August 10, 2011, 04:29:07 PM
Except you should care about pricing because if companies overcharge massively and you buy it it gives them no incentive to change. *shrugs*
Which I do.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 10, 2011, 02:40:03 PM
And it's outdated; you could use a Game Boy Advance for all the same purposes plus more.
But then you get either huge black sidebars on the screen or everything's all stretched.

But that doesn't mean it's not GOOD. Also, nostalgia value.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 10, 2011, 06:36:31 PM
But then you get either huge black sidebars on the screen or everything's all stretched.

But that doesn't mean it's not GOOD. Also, nostalgia value.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Gameboy Colors came with multi-colored lava lamps on the side of the screen.  :|

You sound like one of those people who whines about wide-screen movies.

But yeah, I guess I can understand keeping it for nostalgia value.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 10, 2011, 07:20:12 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, Gameboy Colors came with multi-colored lava lamps on the side of the screen.  :|

You sound like one of those people who whines about wide-screen movies.

But yeah, I guess I can understand keeping it for nostalgia value.
I meant the on-screen sidebars, dumbass. Also, widescreen movies aren't just regular moves disproportionately stretched horizontally. Your entire post had nothing to do with anything I was saying.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 11, 2011, 12:41:18 AM
I meant the on-screen sidebars, dumbass. Also, widescreen movies aren't just regular moves disproportionately stretched horizontally. Your entire post had nothing to do with anything I was saying.

My widescreen comment was referring to the on-screen sidebars. I'm saying you're complaining about something that in no way affects the visual presentation of the actual game content, just like people who complain about widescreen movies because of the black bars on the top and sides.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 11, 2011, 08:58:10 AM
My widescreen comment was referring to the on-screen sidebars. I'm saying you're complaining about something that in no way affects the visual presentation of the actual game content, just like people who complain about widescreen movies because of the black bars on the top and sides.
I like the Game Boy Color because that's what I played back when those games are current. I don't like when I play a game that doesn't fill the screen because it's silly and there's no need to play it that way if I can still play it the old fashioned way.

And that is also why I prefer to play GBA games on my SP rather than my DS. It just feels a lot better when the whole screen is filled.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 11, 2011, 09:14:19 AM
I like the Game Boy Color because that's what I played back when those games are current. I don't like when I play a game that doesn't fill the screen because it's silly and there's no need to play it that way if I can still play it the old fashioned way.

And that is also why I prefer to play GBA games on my SP rather than my DS. It just feels a lot better when the whole screen is filled.

On the second note, I tried that, but the DS backlight (or at least, the DS Lite backlight) makes the games much brighter, more colorful, and all-around better-looking. I can get over the side-bars for that.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 11, 2011, 09:18:52 AM
On the second note, I tried that, but the DS backlight (or at least, the DS Lite backlight) makes the games much brighter, more colorful, and all-around better-looking. I can get over the side-bars for that.
With the DS it isn't so much sidebars as a black border surrounding the entire screen. Plus it leaves one of your screens completely useless, and the DS is just unnecessarily big to be carrying around just to play a GBA game, which sticks out a half inch from Slot B anyway.

And that's another thing. I don't exactly love holding my SP with a giant GBC cartridge protruding toward me.
[move][/move]

Super

Kayo, quit complaining about dumb things.

Kayo

Quote from: Super on August 11, 2011, 07:46:46 PM
Kayo, quit complaining about dumb things.
Whoa there. The Gameboy isn't dumb.
[move][/move]

Custom

i would like this if it had all the pokemon and not just the ugly reject 5th gen pokemon

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on August 12, 2011, 01:59:59 AM
i would like this if it had all the pokemon and not just the ugly reject 5th gen pokemon

This (except I still kinda like it).

I want an update for all 649.