News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Gen V Bashing

Started by So_So_Man, March 07, 2011, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_So_Man

Personally, I find the UI vastly inferior to the UI found in HG/SS, especially with the removal of the ability to set L to a and the removal of the run-toggle.
As far as the AI goes, it seems to be less intelligent, or at least more repetitive.  For example, every time I fought one of the poliwag wannabes, they would use growl, then supersonic, then round, and bubblebeam until the end of the fight. 

I'll probably find some more stuff to complain about later, but for now, here's a topic to discuss what makes Gen V bad.

Kayo

Tympole? They're annoying and appear EVERYFUCKINGWHERE in that route, but they don't always follow that pattern for me. Null and void.

I often get Supersonic, Growl twice, bubblebeam, Supersonic if I've snapped out by now, and Round if my pokemon's strong against water. Not as predictable as you say.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

So_So_Man

Fair enough, but I still find the AI making really stupid decisions, like using leer when I have low HP.

Kayo

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 07, 2011, 07:37:39 PM
Fair enough, but I still find the AI making really stupid decisions, like using leer when I have low HP.
True, but the fact that they always get critical hits when you least want them to balances it out.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

You guys are being too paranoid. It's clear Tampole is the new Zubat.

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 07, 2011, 07:52:24 PM
You guys are being too paranoid. It's clear Tampole is the new Zubat.
If Zubat was meant to be an outdoor Water type.

But yeah, it's far more annoying than Woobat. More annoying than Poliwag was. (This is definitely Poliwag 2.0)
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on March 07, 2011, 08:15:46 PM
If Zubat was meant to be an outdoor Water type.

But yeah, it's far more annoying than Woobat. More annoying than Poliwag was. (This is definitely Poliwag 2.0)
Poliwag isn't annoying at all. Magikarps are.

Magnum

I find nothing wrong with this game....
EXCEPT FUCKING PATRAT! FUCK THIS THING!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Rayquarian

Quote from: Magnum on March 07, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
Watchog is watching you.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Magnum on March 07, 2011, 08:47:40 PM
I find everything wrong with this game....
CAN'T FIND FREAKING SAWK IN MY VERSION!
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 08, 2011, 12:31:07 AM
I find everything wrong with this game....
CAN'T FIND FREAKING SAWK IN MY VERSION!
I haven't found Throh, so it's all good.
Also though, last night, in Pinwheel forest, I found Pansear in the shaking grass. First time I found something other than Audino.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Quote from: Kayo on March 08, 2011, 04:33:02 AM
I haven't found Throh, so it's all good.
Also though, last night, in Pinwheel forest, I found Pansear in the shaking grass. First time I found something other than Audino.
each area has a different one besides Audino that also appears in shaking grass. I've seen Emolga, Pansear, Throh, and some others. Yeah.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on March 08, 2011, 06:51:18 AM
each area has a different one besides Audino that also appears in shaking grass. I've seen Emolga, Pansear, Throh, and some others. Yeah.
Throh doesn't appear in shaking grass but normal grass.

Neerb

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 08, 2011, 07:21:38 AM
Throh doesn't appear in shaking grass but normal grass.

You probably have a different version. Throh and Sawk have different rarity levels in each version.

Anyway, there's so much about this game that's better that I've found it difficult to find anything to complain about. I guess it's kind of annoying how Zorua doesn't get a good stab until forever, but that's a personal problem.

SkyMyl

Only legitimate gameplay complaint: the incredibly convenient, always available touch-screen menu of HG/SS wasn't carried over. The touch screen menus are still here, but I personally don't think it's as good as HG/SS. (nitpick)