<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

questions about TMs in black and white

Started by Custom, February 23, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on February 24, 2011, 06:10:15 PM
That doesn't sound like a bad idea.
I've heard so much about False Swipe and it's usage.

I taught it to my Scizor, but never really used it.
If you don't have easy Smeargle + Sketch access (most people don't, it's hard to find some moves without a double battle), here are some useful pokemon I use for catching:

Parasect: Spore + False Swipe, for easy weakening, also Aromatherapy in case those annoying things decide to paralyze you or something.
Butterfree: Compoundeyes ability, Thief + Sleep Powder + Flash + Whirlwind. I'm surprised at how many people aren't familiar with this. Compoundeyes increases the chance of the wild Pokemon holding an item. Useful for certain rare items like the Light Ball. Also, Compoundeyes raises Sleep Powder's accuracy to 97.5%, making it nearly as accurate as Spore. Thief is for taking the item without even catching the Pokemon, Flash is for extended battles when you don't want anything swatting your poor Butterfree, as well as lighting up the dark caves you might find Legendary pokemon in, and Whirlwind if it runs into Mean Look from one of those darn Golbats by accident. Also, it's a Flying type, so it avoids Arena Trap. I use one of these in Emerald and I love it. Keep in mind Venomoth can also do this, except for it's not part Flying, so Arena Trap is bad news.
Synchronize + Hypnosis: A few pokemon can do this, like Gardevoir. Just use Synchronize to get the nature you want and induce sleep. You can't use Synchronize with Compoundeyes though. Put the pokemon with the ability you'd rather take advantage of in the front of your party.
Wobbuffet: Always useful for extended battles. Does not have to be roamers. But toss one of these things out if a stationary legendary forces you into a corner. The tough blue blob will take any hit that comes its way. Plus, Safeguard. Carfeul with countering though.

Basically, False Swipe, Sleep move, and abilities are what you need. Those are just some of my favorite Pokemon to have around when going huntin'. Especially going through caves with Pokemon in them (Heatran, Mewtwo, etc) it's good to have things like these with you.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

That's a very interesting set of tactics.
I just might give that a shot.

Catch Value = ((( 3 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * (Catch Rate * Ball Modifier ) / (3 * Max HP) ) * Status Modifier

However, you're missing a few things. Confusion and Infatuation along with stat reduction.
I know it sounds crazy, but it actually works.

And since the "Confuse" and "Infatuation" status effects can be stacked in conjunction with the primary effects, it actually makes catching much more effective.

Paralyze (Or Sleep) + Infatuation + Confusion = Check(mate?).
But of course this strategy is only effective against those with a gender ratio.

I've also discovered that dropping a wild pokemon's stats raises the catch rate.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on February 25, 2011, 11:30:00 PM
That's a very interesting set of tactics.
I just might give that a shot.

Catch Value = ((( 3 * Max HP - 2 * HP ) * (Catch Rate * Ball Modifier ) / (3 * Max HP) ) * Status Modifier

However, you're missing a few things. Confusion and Infatuation along with stat reduction.
I know it sounds crazy, but it actually works.

And since the "Confuse" and "Infatuation" status effects can be stacked in conjunction with the primary effects, it actually makes catching much more effective.

Paralyze (Or Sleep) + Infatuation + Confusion = Check(mate?).
But of course this strategy is only effective against those with a gender ratio.

I've also discovered that dropping a wild pokemon's stats raises the catch rate.
Can you confirm this? Most of what you're saying looks like superstition. Honestly, I've noticed no difference due to stats being lowered. But one reason is probably the fact that a sleeping Pokémon will be easy enough to catch on its own. I never bother with other crap, because with sleep and sleep alone, in addition to reducing their HP to 1 if need be, you can usually catch what you want with a few of the right balls. Otherwise you have to burden yourself with extra Pokémon to catch things (I'll just stick with my Parasect, thankyouverymuch).

The only time I've found where 1 HP + Sleep still might not work is with those Ubers with the Catch Rate of 3. But honestly, in my opinion, 1 HP and Sleep will get the job done, and you only need a single Pokémon in your party to do the job.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

LOL. My bad.
I meant to scratch that part out.
Stat reduction has no affect on the ratio.

However, I have experimented with Confusion and Infatuation while trying to catch a wild Chansey (Catch rate of 30), and it feels somewhat different.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: Negative Vibes on February 26, 2011, 09:33:26 PM
LOL. My bad.
I meant to scratch that part out.
Stat reduction has no affect on the ratio.

However, I have experimented with Confusion and Infatuation while trying to catch a wild Chansey (Catch rate of 30), and it feels somewhat different.

May be sheer coincidence. I think only Poison, Paralysis, Burn, Freeze, and Sleep have an effect (Sleep and Freeze are better). I'm not entirely positive on the subject, but I think I might have read this somewhere...
[move][/move]

So_So_Man

Quote from: Kayo on February 26, 2011, 10:47:38 PM
May be sheer coincidence. I think only Poison, Paralysis, Burn, Freeze, and Sleep have an effect (Sleep and Freeze are better). I'm not entirely positive on the subject, but I think I might have read this somewhere...
I checked a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure its just Sleep, Freeze, and Paralysis.

FruitFlow

Quote from: So_So_Man on February 27, 2011, 03:46:15 PM
I checked a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure its just Sleep, Freeze, and Paralysis.
Not necessarily.
Both Poison and Burn also affect the catch rate.
The reason why you here so much on Freeze and Sleep is because those 2 are more efficient compared to the other 3.

Burn, Poison and Paralysis have a x1.5 effect on the ratio.
While Sleep and Freeze have a x2 effect on the ratio.

Therefore, making the 2 latter a much more reliable choice for altering the catch rate.

Kayo

Quote from: So_So_Man on February 27, 2011, 03:46:15 PM
Common misconception, considering those three have to do with hindering a Pokémon's ability to move, and as such, to break out of a ball. In truth, any of those statuses work. Just Freeze and Sleep are slightly better.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Exactly.
0.5 may not look like that big difference, but you want to make the most out of what you can when catching something you really want.