News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

5th gen species discussion

Started by bluaki, September 16, 2010, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Khan

is there a reason why the third member of the trio is after the mascots?

Cornwad

Quote from: Zero on September 17, 2010, 03:59:12 AM
what pokemon are you talking about? The power ranger?

How could you get weird ass retard but not that one?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on September 17, 2010, 12:11:00 PM

You're confused. That looks more like a goth than an emo.

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on September 17, 2010, 12:11:00 PM

Maybe because gothic lolita=/=emo. lol

The Riddler

When the big list of Pokemon leaked, I was excited. I loved most of the first forms that were shown.

...But these disappoint me.

As a side, the fact that the flying-electric-squirrel is so far down the list further cements for me that he's Pachirisu's evolution. Similarly, I'm sure the bull is Tauros' evolution, and that thing in there is related to Heracross.

Spud

I heard 5th gen Pokemon have no connection to prior gen Pokemon.

The Riddler

Quote from: Spud on September 17, 2010, 05:56:37 PM
I heard 5th gen Pokemon have no connection to prior gen Pokemon.
It's insane to think that that Luvdisc thing has no connection to Luvdisc.

There has to be some kind of connection, even if you can't see it until the endgame.

JrDude

I actually had trouble thinking Super Luvdisc had no relation to Luvdisc too, but now I'm almost positive none have any relation to any past gen Pokémon. I could easily be wrong, but yeah.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

I guess until people get to the endgame we won't know, but I feel like they have to be connected. Maybe they need incenses to breed to get them, and items to evolve the old species to the new ones. But they gotta be connected.

JrDude

Maybe it was Darwin evolution and not Pokémon evolution.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Well, I'm sort of with Jr, sort of not. It's not "Darwin", but it is Allopatric Speciation

To get to the point that matters, if there is an actual divide - say an animal species starts on an island and it gets torn apart (horrible example), and half of the species is on each half. They'll now each evolve in a different manner than if they were together. I don't know if Pokemon would do this (it's deep stuff), but it is plausible. Equally, if not more, plausible to the fact they could just be evolutions.

Neerb

The same guy that gave us almost all of the leaks, including this new full list I think, is the same guy who said there are no connections to previous gens. I think we can take his word for it.

Cornwad

Yup, Super Luvdisc is not luvdisc related, fro tauros is not related to tauros, and flying pachirisu is not related to pachirisu. It's pretty funny if you think about it.

JrDude

I was actually thinking a poop load like you Mack, except I couldn't put it into words, so I made a joke that seemed similar, Darwin. I wasn't serious in the Darwin evolution thing for this.

Quote from: Nightcrawler360 on September 17, 2010, 07:00:54 AM
I don't really get what the big deal is; why can't something with four legs be fighting? They can still fight, can't they? As long as they don't punch, it seems fine; heck, even that's not really a limit, like how Absol can Sucker Punch.
I never really considered moves to be what they're doing, just a name of the move, like your example, instead of punching, it kinda head buts it or something.
And I don't 100% mean they can't be on all fours (though I am about 50-65%), but look at them, they don't look like they would be "fighting type," they just look like new versions of the Legendary Beasts. Most Fighting types look like they know karate, or like they wanna beat someone up. Sure the Rock one looks like he might wanna ram ya, but ramming also doesn't seem like a "fighting" type.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Titus Andronicus

#518 is a tankkkkkkkkk look at dat stats
#526 looks like a beast too, i dont even care if hes rock type
#539 should be ice fighting :(
#542 better have good attacks
#553 FUCKIN CROCODILEEEEE
#555 stats are nuts when in daruma mode
#558 is the coolest bug rock thing ever made
#561 could easily be chimeco's evolvement
#565 will be on my team no matter what
#569 is like totoro went in the trash
#584 snowconeeeee ^_______________^
#593 is a the king jellyfish ghost c:
#598 is over powered by a million
#604 electric with levitate whatttttt
#609 fire ghost is awwwwwwwwesomeeeeee
#623 ground ghost is cool too so much ghost action
#625 dark steel is the coolest typingggg
#634 is the beatles which is hilarious
all da genies is cool ive decided theyre pretty funny
#646 pokemon gray is coming
#649 is not over powered enough
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.