News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Email from Sakurai trying to sell Kid Icarus comparing it to Smash

Started by The Riddler, March 28, 2012, 06:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Nintendo nintendo@email.nintendo-news.com

Mar 27 (1 day ago)

to me
Images are not displayed. Display images below - Always display images from nintendo@email.nintendo-news.com

A Special Message From Masahiro Sakurai

Hello Super Smash Bros. fans,This is Masahiro Sakurai, Director and Game Designer of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I am also the Director of the Super Smash Bros. series.The character Pit, who appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, was the main character in Kid Icarus 25 years ago. In bringing him to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I designed him imagining, "if the series had continued and he had evolved with it over these long years, what kind of character would he be?"Link from The Legend of Zelda has appropriately changed and developed alongside the series, but in Pit's case, he needed to change in one big leap. You all know the kind of role he played in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.It was through a very strange twist of fate that I came to create this new entry in the Kid Icarus series. I think being able to add your touch to a title of this nature is almost unprecedented. So, of course, I have made no compromises on content.It has a fun multiplayer mode that is brimming with variety, which it inherits from the Super Smash Bros. games. The weapons, powers, and stages combine to create different results every time. You never know what will happen. Please try to play it with six players.On top of that, it has a robust single-player mode. The theme of this mode is challenge, and it starts with the Fiend's Cauldron. It's not the kind of game that you play through once and are done with—you can play this mode many times, as often as you like. The story is also quite robust from a gaming perspective. I wrote the entire Japanese script myself, and it is rich with humor and plot shifts, which have been translated overseas by the staff at Nintendo of America. If you find it funny in your own tongue, it's because of the efforts of NOA's localization team.I hope you will enjoy Kid Icarus: Uprising.Sincerely,Masahiro SakuraiVisit the official website›Buy Kid Icarus: Uprising now›

Neerb

I got that too. Kinda weird... I hope this game isn't selling poorly, cause it's awesome and I'd like a sequel [and a decent online community].

Kayo

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on March 29, 2012, 09:58:00 AM
I got that too. Kinda weird... I hope this game isn't selling poorly, cause it's awesome and I'd like a sequel [and a decent online community].
I heard it was selling well.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

RX-78-2

>Makes me want the game even more. =P
>Makes me want a 3DS even more. :|
>Faith in Sakurai as a decent man somehow restored. :O
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Quote from: Flying Chickens on March 29, 2012, 10:57:55 PM
I did not receive this email.  :|
Me neither.

Quote from: RX-78-2 on March 31, 2012, 09:54:02 PM
>Makes me want the game even more. =P
>Makes me want a 3DS even more. :|
>Faith in Sakurai as a decent man somehow restored. :O
Do it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Come my birthday (should I obtain money), it shall be mine! :)

Kayo

[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Thought you'd ask. It's just a bit over three months. I've waited this long, so eh...