News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Duke Nukem Forever

Started by MoS, June 12, 2011, 07:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoS

I thought my life would be complete once I played this game, but now my soul is just empty.

BOREDFOREVER

I want to play it, but after waiting for all these years, I feel fine waiting for a price drop.

Silverhawk79

It didn't live up to the hype, as everyone already expected.

DededeCloneChris

Well, that pretty much killed the series...right?

Super

Fuck the reviews. It will still be mine.

Nayrman

eh. Like Duke wasn't always a bland, stereotypical FPS. But hey, it took 14 years to make, and is therefore worth owning just for the joke that it is. Now, to scratch off Duke from the most lengthy development time and now Half Life 2 Episode 3 is atop the list. :P

Super

I always thought Half-Life was a bland shooter.

Tupin

I've never played a Duke Nukem game I didn't like. I fail to see how this will be different. There is nothing quite like Duke.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Super

Quote from: Tupin on June 12, 2011, 07:12:07 PM
I've never played a Duke Nukem game I didn't like. I fail to see how this will be different. There is nothing quite like Duke.
Fuck yeah, finally someone that's on my side. Everyone seems to be blindly hating on Duke.

Neerb

I've heard that a lot of people have the same problem with this as they did Goldeneye; it gave up the uniqueness of the original and just tried to copy CoD/Halo mechanics.

Of course, it could be just the opposite: CoD has become so mainstream that all shooters are compared to it, thus corrupting the opinions of reviewers.

Matt

Fuck Call of Duty and Halo, they can kiss Gears of Wars' ass.

Matt

Despite all the reviews, I found Duke Nukem Forever to be pretty darn good. Duke Nukem Forever retained Duke's "I don't give a intercourse " attitude fairly well along with a large variety of famous quotes sayings, which alone was worth playing for in my opinion. As for the gameplay, like most if not all reviews for the game said, the game does get fairly repetitive, but the story itself was enjoyable. Took roughly fifteen hours to play through the campaign on medium difficulty including breaks taken, deaths due bosses being a ninny, and overall laziness. Compared to today's standards of graphics, this game does lack compared to others. In some cases there were a few wall glitches where you'd be push through a wall, nothing to the point where the mission had to be restarted. On top of that there were moments where frame rate lag was apparent. Regardless, good game was good. Oh and as for multiplayer, I haven't really played any of it yet, so yeah.

Zero

Quote from: Matt on June 13, 2011, 03:27:01 AM
Fuck Call of Duty and Halo, they can kiss Gears of Wars' ass.

Too bad GoW's multiplayer is riddled with interface flaws, matchmaking flaws, connection errors, and irritating/clunky gameplay mechanics.

Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

Matt

Quote from: Zero on June 15, 2011, 12:22:06 PM
Too bad GoW's multiplayer is riddled with interface flaws, matchmaking flaws, connection errors, and irritating/clunky gameplay mechanics.

Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

It was said out of sarcasm as the series wasn't brought up. Obviously, both Halo and Call Of Duty are known for their better multiplayer in terms of actual easy to pick-up gameplay and decent matchmaking. I personally find Gears Of War as of recent, to be the more enjoyable series.

RX-78-2

After watching a trailer, I really wanted it. But after hearing about the reviews... D: I don't know. I'd love to play it, but I don't know if I'd spend money on it. Having never played the originals, I think I'd rather get them.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************