News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Games that would work on other consoles

Started by DededeCloneChris, April 23, 2011, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

We all have crazy imaginations when it comes down to video games. HOWEVER! We have fantasies of games being in other consoles to see how they would work out.

This thread is basically a big place where you can suggest what existent games could be easily seen in other consoles no matter what limits a game can have to make it happen. You can also add some more exclusive content or some little changes and hope somebody agrees with your lunatic fantasies.

FOR EXAMPLE! We have Dissidia. Now that we have the 3DS, seeing a Dissidia game here (or a port) wouldn't be so crazy. Nintendo basically started Squenix's career. If Dissidia was here, we would kick Onion Knight away and let Luneth in.

SO THEN! What other games do you think will work on other consoles? Discuss.

Neerb

Project Cafe will hopefully be as strong as 720 and PS4, meaning hopefully ALL third parties will now treat the three first parties equally, meaning I probably won't ever buy more than one 8th gen console since all my Nintendo and third party needs will be satisfied in one console. That will be shweet.

DededeCloneChris

We know Rare would be better off working under Nintendo. Banjo-Kazooie has become less popular.

RX-78-2

Oh man, I used to think about these all of the time.

One of them was admittedly the Smash Bros. series on a DS of some sort. Seeing as there's a Street Fighter game for the 3DS, I don't think it's out of the question to port a Smash Bros. game.

My biggest one is an official main series Pokémon game as an MMORPG. With much work, it'd be awesome to see it on PC's or even the Wii. It'd be so cool to create a 3D Trainer from scratch and customize them. Then you could go on journey just like in the other games, or forget that and stay home and do side quests or something, like helping the Pokémon professors with research. Plus, instead of just one rival and one region, you could have a friends list full of rivals and traveling companions, and you could go through all of the regions. I'll go into depth in a spoiler.
[spoiler]As for the random Trainers that you battle, there would be the usual ones to serve as random enemies that give experience and money, but other players could hide somewhere (or just stand in the open) and set their stance to "lock eyes mode" to engage in a battle with another player. Of course, there would be level ranges according to the zone/part of the map they're in. For instance, if a player sets their stance to "lock eyes mode" in the weaker/easier areas, people could only battle them if they're within three levels of the average (or maybe highest) level of the opponent's team. On the other hand, player Trainers could also set their stance to something that would prevent them from getting into battles with other players, like a stance that would limit battles to private requests or something. The other stuff like what happens to who wins/loses a battle would probably be the same as the normal games.[/spoiler]

A similar one would be a Yu-gi-oh! MMO game for consoles, though I'm aware of the one for PC's.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

SkyMyl

A handheld Crystal Chronicles akin to Echoes of Time or the original Gamecube version is my dream. The same goes for a Four Swords remake, with one cartridge play for multiplayer.

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 23, 2011, 12:03:50 PM
FOR EXAMPLE! We have Dissidia. Now that we have the 3DS, seeing a Dissidia game here (or a port) wouldn't be so crazy. Nintendo basically started Squenix's career. If Dissidia was here, we would kick Onion Knight away and let Luneth in.
I can kinda see that, but would would the other screen of the DS be used for? A map seems obvious and doesn't really seem necessary. Along with it being on a nintendo console,  we could also see possible possible characters from the SMRPG: Legend of the 7 stars.
Concerning the topic, it would be nice if they had games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls on the Wii.  I've played them on the other consoles and loved the experience.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: dawntoucanNxhoj on April 24, 2011, 11:06:33 PM
I can kinda see that, but would would the other screen of the DS be used for? A map seems obvious and doesn't really seem necessary. Along with it being on a nintendo console,  we could also see possible possible characters from the SMRPG: Legend of the 7 stars.
Concerning the topic, it would be nice if they had games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls on the Wii.  I've played them on the other consoles and loved the experience.
The other screen could be used to display the moves and everything your character is equipped with.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Axelayer on April 24, 2011, 09:32:59 PM
A handheld Crystal Chronicles akin to Echoes of Time or the original Gamecube version is my dream. The same goes for a Four Swords remake, with one cartridge play for multiplayer.
Crystal Chronicles (for Gamecube) was fun the few times I played it. I'd like a port of that.

Neerb

Quote from: Axelayer on April 24, 2011, 09:32:59 PM

If project Cafe has screens on the controller...

Multiplayer Zelda could have a new life on home consoles!!!!!

Bearissoslow

A Pokemon MMORPG is a intercourse ing horrendous idea. Do you realize how lagged it would be because of how small Pokemon areas are? Or how incredibly easy it would be spam fights with new trainers that don't stand a chance? Your idea of 3 levels doesn't work when you could easily just have a person who only has a level 5 Charmander vs. your level 8 Starmie and stand there spamming Surf, completely buttintercourse ing the dude.

tl;dr: impractical game designer ideas by people that think they can design games based solely on creativity and not reality.

RX-78-2

Aha. I knew it was you. =3

Obviously, the areas would be bigger to incorporate more players and there would be different servers for them to play on. It's a given in MMO's. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you've never played one.

And spamming fights? I'm not about to quote the entire spoiler in my first post because it addresses that problem. I didn't give rigid guidelines; I gave suggestions. You didn't read my post correctly. What I said was that the level difference would be different according to what area the player is in. The three level thing was an example, hence the "for instance." In the first, easier areas, there might be rules that prevent Trainers from getting into battles with Pokémon that have type advantages, or maybe limit the level difference to only one or two. In any case, the game could altogether prohibit Trainers with moves such as Surf from challenging newbs/noobs. Trainers wouldn't even have that move so early in the game anyway. In short, the MMO could incorporate different battling and meta-game rules to make sure that the PvP fights are fair.

Also, your tl;dr is too vague to make sense. Games can certainly be based purely on creativity. Otherwise we wouldn't have the Katamari games, and how realistic are those?

And in closing, it's funny how you completely ignore the rest of the posts, don't even respond to the topic, and go straight for badmouthing my post. Don't you think you're overreacting what with your profane tirade?

Bearissoslow

QuoteObviously, the areas would be bigger to incorporate more players and there would be different servers for them to play on. It's a given in MMO's. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you've never played one.

So then you're expecting Route 1 to be able to accommodate potential thousands of people or you're just suggesting remake all the routes in to fifty square long areas? lol great ideas there.

QuoteAnd spamming fights? I'm not about to quote the entire spoiler in my first post because it addresses that problem. I didn't give rigid guidelines; I gave suggestions. You didn't read my post correctly. What I said was that the level difference would be different according to what area the player is in. The three level thing was an example, hence the "for instance." In the first, easier areas, there might be rules that prevent Trainers from getting into battles with Pokémon that have type advantages, or maybe limit the level difference to only one or two. In any case, the game could altogether prohibit Trainers with moves such as Surf from challenging newbs/noobs. Trainers wouldn't even have that move so early in the game anyway. In short, the MMO could incorporate different battling and meta-game rules to make sure that the PvP fights are fair.

Do you know how extremely difficult it is to regulate PvP so that it's impossible for someone with an easy strategy to break it? I'm sure you don't, since I can already think of how someone could avoid the type advantage stipulation by using a Magby that knows all the elemental punches. And limiting the level difference doesn't change how buttrapingly easy it would be spam in battles in that type of scenario.

And to "ban" surf, you're suggesting that you code each move with a value so that whenever a player needs to enter a route, he/she cannot enter with that move. Do you understand how intercourse ing annoying the idea of not being able to enter a simple route like route 1 would be just because you have a very commonplace move in your team? It's like you suggest ideas but then don't understand what you're really suggesting at all.

QuoteAlso, your tl;dr is too vague to make sense. Games can certainly be based purely on creativity. Otherwise we wouldn't have the Katamari games, and how realistic are those?

No they can't, you intercourse ing retard. It's not just about the game's content, it's about producing the game and designing it such that it meets the limitations of the hardware and generation it's being made within. Let's not forget about the fact that there will be timeframe issues from your producers who expect you to produce a finished and tight game in roughly a year's worth of designing, and you have the game industry. And no, designing every thing about a Pokemon MMO in the way you've suggested will not be plausibly done in a year unless you've somehow amassed a company of high esteem and recognition that can either a. put off deadlines or b. afford to hire a good amount of designers that usually exceeds what green companies can do.

QuoteAnd in closing, it's funny how you completely ignore the rest of the posts, don't even respond to the topic, and go straight for badmouthing my post. Don't you think you're overreacting what with your profane tirade?

Yes, I responded to your poopty idea because it was poopty. And no, I responded to all of your post, you're just clinically retarded and homeschooled so you somehow think that you've been right all along.

In case you're illiterate intercourse  nevermind you probably aren't reading this since you are, but tl;dr: you're impractical and don't understand the world that exists outside of your fragile and stupid mind.

Silverhawk79

Portal for the Wii could kick ass...imagine a special edition with a portal gun attachment.
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

RX-78-2

Please excuse my lateness; the server was quite slow the last time I tried logging on.
Quote from: Bearissoslow on May 08, 2011, 10:44:05 PM
So then you're expecting Route 1 to be able to accommodate potential thousands of people or you're just suggesting remake all the routes in to fifty square long areas? lol great ideas there.

Do you know how extremely difficult it is to regulate PvP so that it's impossible for someone with an easy strategy to break it? I'm sure you don't, since I can already think of how someone could avoid the type advantage stipulation by using a Magby that knows all the elemental punches. And limiting the level difference doesn't change how buttrapingly easy it would be spam in battles in that type of scenario.

And to "ban" surf, you're suggesting that you code each move with a value so that whenever a player needs to enter a route, he/she cannot enter with that move. Do you understand how intercourse ing annoying the idea of not being able to enter a simple route like route 1 would be just because you have a very commonplace move in your team? It's like you suggest ideas but then don't understand what you're really suggesting at all.

No they can't, you intercourse ing retard. It's not just about the game's content, it's about producing the game and designing it such that it meets the limitations of the hardware and generation it's being made within. Let's not forget about the fact that there will be timeframe issues from your producers who expect you to produce a finished and tight game in roughly a year's worth of designing, and you have the game industry. And no, designing every thing about a Pokemon MMO in the way you've suggested will not be plausibly done in a year unless you've somehow amassed a company of high esteem and recognition that can either a. put off deadlines or b. afford to hire a good amount of designers that usually exceeds what green companies can do.

Yes, I responded to your poopty idea because it was poopty. And no, I responded to all of your post, you're just clinically retarded and homeschooled so you somehow think that you've been right all along.

In case you're illiterate intercourse  nevermind you probably aren't reading this since you are, but tl;dr: you're impractical and don't understand the world that exists outside of your fragile and stupid mind.
Who said the game still had to have square tiles? Coliseum and Gale of Darkness worked fine without them. And even if they were fifty tiles wide--or the equivalent without them--the servers would still take care of that what with ensuring that they're not crowded with players. Again, I really don't think that you've played an MMO, or else you wouldn't be making such a big deal out of space for players.

It's actually not that hard to regulate PvP to prevent people from legitimately bypassing its rules and restrictions--you're just not thinking hard enough. How about Trainers only being able to challenge each other based on the number of badges that they have? The Trainer would have a setting that could be used to accept challenges from others with only the same number of badges, or a different number of badges, depending on how many the former has, should they desire a challenge. In addition, have you ever considering using the meta-game statistics for such a reason? Obviously not, but I'll be glad to tell some of the ways that they could be used (game play time, for instance). With these rules and restrictions used together, they could prevent Trainers with a Magby and/or Trainers with the elemental punch moves from challenging a Trainer that just started playing. As for spamming, there could be battle style settings (similar to "shift" and "set") that would restrict Trainers to using the same move only a certain number of times consecutively. For instance, a Trainer could only battle another if they both had that same setting that allowed a move to be used only twice in a row.

As for the "banning Surf" thing, you again read my post wrongly. I didn't suggest banning Trainers with Surf from entering certain routes. I suggested preventing Trainers with Surf from battling Trainers that have just started playing, which makes sense because Surf is such a powerful move that--type advantage or not--it could decimate a team with moves that don't go over 50 basic attack power.

I find that I must repeat myself a lot to you. Like I said before, your tl;dr bit was too vague. You didn't make it clear whether you were talking about a game's content--which can certainly be based solely on creativity--or its production and design. And all of your stuff about timeframe issues is irrelevant because that's not what I responded to concerning my interpretation of your question (which I remind you, was vaguely worded) and even so, not once did I ever say anything about expecting a game to be made within a year. To humor you, I'll let you know that I'd rather a developer take its time on a game and release it when it's ready--that is, with no rush; I'm content with waiting a long time for a game's release as long as careful effort is put into it. In short, how can I answer you question if you can't even ask what you mean correctly?

In your closing, you tell me that you responded "to all of [my] post," but that's not even what I asked. A third time you've read something wrongly. I said that it was funny how you ignored the other posts and the topic.

And what's this about being homeschooled? How'd you come to that conclusion with no possible evidence that even remotely leads to it. And you tell me that I don't understand the world? We're talking about videogames. You're clearing overreacting; you're using ad hominem against me, which is quite unimpressive. You can't effectively argue against my ideas so you try to insult me, and where does that get you? It just shows that you're unintelligent. It's pathetic. And if you think I'm a hypocrite for insulting you by calling you "unintelligent," think again. You'll notice that "unintelligent" has no negative connotations and was used as objectively as possible (i.e. I say what I see). If I were going to insult you, I'd call you "stupid."

I got a good kick out the homeschooled bit though. Seriously, I'd really like to know how you thought of that. It baffles me.

Zero

It's foolish to believe that a Pokemon MMORPG would not be drastically different from the handheld games. Sure it could be done, but ultimately wouldn't be what most of us enjoy out of the Pokemon games to begin with.