News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Fred Gets A Movie Deal

Started by Doodle, September 20, 2009, 02:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

http://gawker.com/5362833/hugely-annoying-youtuber-scores-film-deal
QuoteInternet media is niche media. So you've probably never heard of "Fred," the online actor whose YouTube channel is followed by 1.5 million people. But don't worry: Fred's self-harm-inducing schtick will soon land in a theater near you.

How does an obnoxiously over-the-top kid on digital helium land a feature film deal, as Fred has done, according to a casting call obtained by TubeFilter? By having the most, or now second-most, followers of anyone on Google's video site. And by playing perfectly to Hollywood's fantasy that the branded serials its traditional TV studios specialize in can be profitably replicated online: Fred, you see, earns a reported six figures off this cheaply-produced stuff.

Don't tell studio honchos that, marvels of nature like "Fred" and sharp wits like Ze Frank not withstanding, YouTube will forever be dominated by cat videos, plane crashes and other spontaneously-obtained footage. After all, we wouldn't want the "Fred"s of tomorrow to miss their big Hollywood paydays.

YEAH

Zovistograt

No matter what, that film will bomb and maybe whoever gave him this deal will learn their lesson.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

I demand everyone working in the film industry right now be fired, and never be allowed to work in films again, and bring in some new talented people who actually want to make works of ART.

God these studios just baffle the mind sometimes

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tsumaru

I thought he was amusing at first, but this is just too much.

Jono2

Quote from: ゾビストグラー on September 20, 2009, 06:33:16 AM
No matter what, that film will bomb and maybe whoever gave him this deal will learn their lesson.

This.

Fred must die.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

SkyMyl

Ah Fred...the person who ruined speed-up for me.

Whoever gave him the deal should be impaled. Slowly.

The Seventh

Wait, WHAT?

Who in their right mind gives someone that makes youtube videos a FUCKING FILM DEAL?

God.  That.  Is.  FUCKED UP.
meh

Captain Justice

You all get really pissy over something that shouldn't even bother any of you. Yeah its stupid but who cares you don't have to see it.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Tsumaru

Eizweir

nigahiga got his own movie, too.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Tsumaru

Nigahiga is the most overrated person on Youtube.

Doodle

YEAH

The Seventh

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on September 20, 2009, 11:17:37 AM
You all get really pissy over something that shouldn't even bother any of you. Yeah its stupid but who cares you don't have to see it.
We can get pissy over what we want, ya know.

WE ARE OUR OWN INDIVIDUALS
meh

Qsmash

Oh god. Who ever would sit through that entire movie will have unsubscribed to him. Seriously, how can anyone take that guy for more than 5 minutes?