News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

New Pokemon game to be announced either next month or in a few days

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, December 14, 2011, 12:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

If he can't really tell if it's a main game, it means...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3.

zephilicious

its intercourse ing pokemon why are we acting like the future of the series is in jeopardy

the only thing you should be crossing fingers for is snap 2
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on February 20, 2012, 02:18:19 PM
its intercourse ing pokemon why are we acting like the future of the series is in jeopardy

the only thing you should be crossing fingers for is snap 2

if zeph was ever right

its now

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on February 20, 2012, 02:18:19 PM

the only thing you should be crossing fingers for is snap 2 on 3DS using AR

Fixed.

Nayrman

I figure Pokemon "Grey" will be announced around E3 time (pokemon tends to get SOME announcement slightly before). The Keldeo event is expected to be officially announced soon, since it and the three "musketeers" are in the next movie along with Kyurem. Since Kyurem is the third legendary of Reshiram/Zekrom, I figure they'll announce it shortly before the movie hits Japan to get interest in it.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2012, 05:11:12 PM
I figure Pokemon "Grey" will be announced around E3 time (pokemon tends to get SOME announcement slightly before). The Keldeo event is expected to be officially announced soon, since it and the three "musketeers" are in the next movie along with Kyurem. Since Kyurem is the third legendary of Reshiram/Zekrom, I figure they'll announce it shortly before the movie hits Japan to get interest in it.
Main-series Pokemon games have never been announced at or around E3. Not even once. They announced Black and White outside of Japan around E3 last year, but that's it.

Also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35315319&postcount=440

Nayrman

Doesn't mean they ever will. And I don't mean at E3, I meant around E3 or so. Some time will have passed from Nobunaga, the movie and event in Japan will be going soon, what better way to pump them up by announcing the new game?

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2012, 07:04:24 PM
Doesn't mean they ever will. And I don't mean at E3, I meant around E3 or so. Some time will have passed from Nobunaga, the movie and event in Japan will be going soon, what better way to pump them up by announcing the new game?
I HIGHLY doubt it. There's just no reason to, especially since Nintendo will likely want the 3DS focus at E3 to be on the new 2D Mario (and probably Zelda 3DS). Pokemon has never been an E3 thing. Besides that, we're talking about a Japanese announcement here. Also, announcing a new main Pokemon only three months before release would be very unusual.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 07:12:24 PM
I HIGHLY doubt it. There's just no reason to, especially since Nintendo will likely want the 3DS focus at E3 to be on the new 2D Mario (and probably Zelda 3DS). Pokemon has never been an E3 thing. Besides that, we're talking about a Japanese announcement here. Also, announcing a new main Pokemon only three months before release would be very unusual.

I never said release for the movie, I said announce. Assuming Kyurem is indeed the box legendary (which all signs seem to point to), it'd make sense to at least announce it close to the movie that pokemon is going to be in. And I said around E3, because, well, announcements. They usually don't announce full fledged games around E3, but they tend to at least use the magazine/channel to announce something pokemon related around that time.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2012, 08:11:41 PM
I never said release for the movie, I said announce. Assuming Kyurem is indeed the box legendary (which all signs seem to point to), it'd make sense to at least announce it close to the movie that pokemon is going to be in. And I said around E3, because, well, announcements. They usually don't announce full fledged games around E3, but they tend to at least use the magazine/channel to announce something pokemon related around that time.

Usually, the game would be announced ahead of the movie's release. Pokemon is HUGE in Japan. They're not going to only allow themselves three months to hype the next main game. It'll be announced  by the end of March, or it won't be announced this year at all.

Nayrman

I know how huge it is in Japan.

And eh, we'll see. I still think it'll be announced this year even if it's not announced by the end of March per say.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on February 21, 2012, 10:57:03 AM
i'd prefer wii u but both consoles have potential

Wii U with the option to use a 3DS as a controller for AR.

Hero_of_Darkness

QuoteToday in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

[spoiler]Probably not the actual reveal, but it's funny acting like it is.[/spoiler]