News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Another Disney whining game

Started by Lotos, June 21, 2012, 05:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

I'm bored.  Because I have too much time on my hands, I've devised a game for you all to play.  Though, it's probably more of a test to see if Disney Channel is really as bad as everyone says it is now.

Go turn on Disney channel or Disney XD, even Disney Junior.

Start at 0 points, pick a time interval (12 hours, a day, a weekend, a week if you're bored).   Look at the TV schedule/guide.

+2 points for:

• a personal favorite Disney Movie
  • a favorite Disney cartoon or show

Past or present, doesn't matter.

Now,

+1 point for:

• A decent (loosely used for your interpretation) animated cartoon
  • Any "real" Disney movie (Tip: if it's a "Disney Channel Original Movie", it probably doesn't count)
  • Any "Have a Laugh!" cartoon that has NOT been edited into a music video or a "BLAM!" thing.

+0 points for any baby/toddler shows (Basically what's on Disney Junior 99% of the time) or a "BLAM!" "Have a Laugh!" cartoon.

-1 point for

• Live action show that's NOT on Disney Junior (if Junior even has live action shows)
  • Music video
  • A "Disney Channel Original Movie"

-2 points for a "Have a Laugh!" cartoon that has been edited into a music video.

Now, which channel has the most points?

Predictions:
[spoiler]
Ironically, I believe that Disney Junior might get the most points because I think they have Lilo and Stitch the Series, along with Timon & Pumbaa and the Little Mermaid cartoon series' on in the mornings.  I think they actually play Disney movies though, so that will probably put them on top.

Disney XD will somehow have a decent movie when you look at the guide.  That, along with Phineas and Ferb (depending on your taste) and Sonic Underground will probably put it below Disney Junior.

Disney Channel might have had a chance, but has too many live action shows.
[/spoiler]

Modify the rules /point values if you wish, but you'll have to keep them reasonable.

Tupin

Turned on Disney Channel, got a live action show. I'm done.

Phineas and Ferb, huh? Never really watched it, but I've heard its decent and I've seen people wearing shirts with stuff from the show on it.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

RX-78-2

Maybe it's because I never had the Disney Channel until I was like thirteen, that--besides the cartoons--I used to hate it. I thought it was all cheesy, girly shows like Lizzy McGuire (although I've never actually seen that show so I have no opinion of it; I only unfairly judged it as a child). But let me be perfectly honest: once I gave it a chance (the channel), I loved it. Even the live action stuff, and by that, I mean both Zack and Cody shows, Good Luck Charlie, and Wizards of Waverly Place. Phineas and Ferb is amazing of course and the rest doesn't come to mind or isn't that great.

Disney Junior is uninteresting preschool stuff, and that's saying something coming from me; I still watch the kids' shows on PBS (no joke). Disney XD is pretty good from what I've seen, though I usually watch The Hub instead.

Anyway, as aforementioned, maybe it's because I'm late to the game, but I'd have to give a point for the live action shows I mentioned. In that case, the main Disney Channel probably wins for me.

[1000th post] :)
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Tupin

I know this is about whining about the Disney Channel, but anyone check out Gravity Falls yet? It's a pretty entertaining show for being on the Disney Channel.

Kayo

Quote from: Tupin on July 07, 2012, 01:10:32 PM
I know this is about whining about the Disney Channel, but anyone check out Gravity Falls yet? It's a pretty entertaining show for being on the Disney Channel.
My younger siblings had it on the other day and since I had nothing else to do/watch I decided to observe it for one episode.

It's by no means spectacular, but I'll admit it's pretty darn good for Disney Channel. I was actually impressed.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

Quote from: Kayo on July 07, 2012, 03:08:56 PM
My younger siblings had it on the other day and since I had nothing else to do/watch I decided to observe it for one episode.

It's by no means spectacular, but I'll admit it's pretty darn good for Disney Channel. I was actually impressed.
Yeah, it's pretty good. I guess I'll start watching it, but I'm kind of waiting for Wander Over Yonder to start because I used to watch PPG and Foster's Home all the time and the same person is making it.

RX-78-2

What's this? I haven't heard of that show, but if Craig McCracken is doing it, it has to be good. The voice actor of Bloo from Foster's Home is on the show too. I am excite.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Tupin

I don't think it's coming out until next year, but it's an adventure series where the main character goes to a bunch of different planets.

Hey, I think they're showing a preview at Comic Con this year.