amazing.

zephilicious

we're talking about graphics not design here
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on October 15, 2012, 09:38:24 PM
we're talking about graphics not design here

that wasn't made clear until now.

I agree, the DS hardware was not built for what GF tried to do.

Mona

zephilicious

I was replying to custom's post. in general obviously meaning regardless of what console you're playing on.
~~ <3

Mona

Quote from: zephilicious on October 15, 2012, 10:40:05 PM
I was replying to custom's post. in general obviously meaning regardless of what console you're playing on.

It really wasn't obvious...

But I'll apologize for misunderstanding.

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on October 15, 2012, 10:40:05 PM

you may want to quote posts more

i mean, you quote mine all the time

zephilicious

I usually only quote posts if i'm replying to an older part of the thread, or singling out a particular part of a post. Quote blocks add unnecessary clutter to linear discussion threads.

And while we're on the topic of design, it's easy to single out a handful of good pokemon, because the good 5th gen designs are some of the best since 1st gen. But it's incredibly inconsistent, the worst 5th gen designs are easily the worst in series history.
~~ <3

Mona

Quote from: zephilicious on October 15, 2012, 10:50:49 PM
And while we're on the topic of design, it's easy to single out a handful of good pokemon, because the good 5th gen designs are some of the best since 1st gen. But it's incredibly inconsistent, the worst 5th gen designs are easily the worst in series history.

I'll agree with you there, but I think it balances out.

zephilicious

I don't look at the good pokemon and think 'this makes up for the bad pokemon'. I look at the good pokemon and think 'why the intercourse  did they feel the need to make this the biggest expansion to date'

had they trimmed out 30-40 of the poopty pokemon it would have been about the same size as the past 3 generations, and it would have surpassed them all. that and better starters. they don't make a good first impression.
~~ <3

Mona

The reason why they had so many Pokemon this gen is because they made Black and White with the past Pokemon being unobtainable until the end of the game. Also, they can't please everyone with every single design they use. Some people actually like Conkeldurr and Tympole... even though I hate both of those Pokemon's designs with a passion.

Some designs grew on me after a while. I hated Scraggy and Scrafty at first, but now they're two of my favorites. Oshawott is another one that I got used to after a while. If only it didn't have those freckles or the huge orange nose...

zephilicious

Quote from: Mona on October 15, 2012, 11:31:57 PM
the past Pokemon being unobtainable until the end of the game.
yes thats the problem.

someone decided they needed 150+ new pokemon so they came up with/left in a bunch of poopty filler just to reach that number.
~~ <3

JrDude

So I walk in Game Stop on a random Sunday, not even planning to go there, but went there. I asked which game he prefers, Mario 3D Land, or Kid Icarus? He answers, I say "I'll take it," I look down, see a magazine of B2/W2 and say, "when do these games come out?" "Today." "Oh, how convenient. I'll take White 2 Instead." "Here you go."
So I unintentionally got White 2 on release day, and saved 5 bucks because both of the other options were for 3DS.

Just yesterday, I got the second badge and got stuck in the theater (as in, I keep doing new movies). I feel accomplished.
[move][/move]
Dude .