News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Please help with a really annoying problem...

Started by Daft Pink, December 06, 2008, 11:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft Pink

Ok, so ever since yesterday I've been having these pop up problems. I'll get random pop-ups from internet explorer, but the strange thing is that I'm using firefox. Every once in a while, I'll get them in firefox too. They just come up randomly. Please help. D:

えっちーせんぱい

Kilroy

The first thing to do is assume it's Adware, so scan your computer with something like Avast! or AVG or something of the like.

If neither find anything, I dunno D:

Also, <3
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Daft Pink

Quote from: Byte on December 06, 2008, 11:22:32 AM
The first thing to do is assume it's Adware, so scan your computer with something like Avast! or AVG or something of the like.

If neither find anything, I dunno D:

Also, <3
Hi. <3 This is really annoying.  :( I already did a scan yesterday, I did find some adware, I took care of it, but it still happens.

Shit, I just tried using Opera, and no pop ups come up on it. BUT, firefox and IE randomly open and start getting a whole bunch of pop ups! D:<

I also noticed that a lot of the time, the pop ups are related to what page I'm on, or what I'm typing. D:

Ok, I think I may have fixed it. I uninstalled this Advertisement Service program. So far I have not gotten any more pop ups.

UGH. It just happened again.  :( This is really pissing me off.

noodle976

yep. that's adware....
get spybot search and destroy.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
don't install teatimer when it asks you to. when it's done installing, search for updates.
immunize by clicking immunize on the left.
then click search & destroy>check for problems.

Psilocybin

No Spybot, go get Ad Aware's free version, and look on Hijack this! if that doesn't solve it.

Edit, well I guess try both. G'luck.

Indigo

Search for a tracking cookie with virus scanner.

Tracking cookies are low level security threats that track you and usually supplement adds into your computer.

Mystic

Syncopathic