News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Started by JrDude, December 09, 2012, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Paper Mario originally had barely anything to do with Paper, it was just a couple of things. Then TTYD Cursed you and made you papery things. Then Super Paper Mario threw Paper out the window, it didn't even need to be in the Paper Mario series, would have worked fine as a non-Paper Mario thing.
Then Sticker Star made EVERYTHING PAPERY or a Sticker. I'm almost surprised you can even JUMP or HAMMER outside of battle without using a freaking sticker. But they also have missed opportunities like maybe using Spring Slipper sticker to reach higher ledges or something to that nature. The only purpose outside of battle that they have is upgrading to better ones or using Doors.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 20, 2013, 01:16:26 PM
I'm almost surprised you can even JUMP or HAMMER outside of battle without using a freaking sticker

oh hey, bingo. This undermines the entire aspect of the sticker system.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 20, 2013, 01:16:26 PM
Paper Mario originally had barely anything to do with Paper, it was just a couple of things. Then TTYD Cursed you and made you papery things. Then Super Paper Mario threw Paper out the window, it didn't even need to be in the Paper Mario series, would have worked fine as a non-Paper Mario thing.
Then Sticker Star made EVERYTHING PAPERY or a Sticker. I'm almost surprised you can even JUMP or HAMMER outside of battle without using a freaking sticker. But they also have missed opportunities like maybe using Spring Slipper sticker to reach higher ledges or something to that nature. The only purpose outside of battle that they have is upgrading to better ones or using Doors.
First thing you said pretty much proves my point; Paper Mario is more about the meaty stuff like plot and partners and adventure-style gameplay than being made of paper.

Also, I totally spent the whole game abusing the intercourse  out of first strikes to save stickers in battle, like I'm sure everyone else did.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Though I didn't finish the game, and I USED to do that, I do not do that anymore actually.
I just avoid them. Saves even MORE stickers.
In most games, especially RPGs, I will literally fight every single enemy. In most games I do because it's fun and isn't an unnecessary amount of time done, in RPGs because it's fun, not a waste of time, and you get experience to get stronger/more durable.
In PM:SS, it's pretty much a waste of time. You get Money. Woo. But every sticker takes timing, and though I can easily do most of them perfectly, I despise the hammer ones (hammer is normally the easiest thing in the PM series, now it's a hassle IMO). And you're slowly running low on attacks because every attack is disposed after it's used. You can literally skip EVERY ENEMY in the game, and have no penalty for doing so. You don't even buy much, except doors and Things when you used them up already. Oh, and some items that you put in doors or something like Poison Shroom.
[move][/move]
Dude .