Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Kid Icarus Uprising

Started by Neerb, October 05, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Speaking of mulitplayer...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219623p1.html

GameStop is apparently hosting a Kid Icarus: Uprising tournament... BEFORE it comes out, I might add.

Quote from: IGNThe bracket-style tournaments will include regional competition at select GameStop locations in the following cities:

-San Francisco, CA (March 8 )
-Orlando, FL (March 11)
-Los Angeles, CA (March 15)
-New York, NY (March 22)

Three winners from each market will participate in the final national championship event at the GameStop store at Broadway and 84th Street in New York. There consumers will also have the opportunity to take part in a special pre-sale event, allowing them to purchase Kid Icarus Uprising one day before it goes on sale in North America.

Winners from each of the four markets will also be eligible to win prizes including an all-expenses-paid trip to New York to participate in the national championship and a variety of exclusive Kid Icarus-themed items.

Good thing I don't live close to any of those places.  :|

Kayo

I'm only about an hour and a half from NYC, though I have no way of getting there.

Welp.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

More of the game than we've seen so far; only 13 more days...

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 13, 2012, 01:38:00 PM

More of the game than we've seen so far; only 13 more days...
Old news, bro.

Awesome as intercourse  though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

My game informer came with a free AR Card for Kid Icarus

too bad I don't have it.

Hero_of_Darkness

Famitsu gave it a perfect score. O_o;

Nayrman

zephilicious

famitsu gives every major nintendo title perfect scores
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 06:00:04 PM
famitsu gives every major nintendo title perfect scores
Not really, but they have been handing them out like candy lately. I don't think SM3DL or MK7 got perfect scores, and those are clearly much bigger titles than this.

Kayo

By the way, anyone else pre-order the game?

When are we supposed to get our preorder stuff?
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 13, 2012, 05:37:23 PM
Famitsu gave it a perfect score. O_o;
That slightly boosts my blank excitement for the game, which I pre-ordered a few weeks ago.

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 13, 2012, 06:31:40 PM
Not really, but they have been handing them out like candy lately. I don't think SM3DL or MK7 got perfect scores, and those are clearly much bigger titles than this.

"Clearly much bigger?" Bigger how? Took longer to make? Sold better? What would either of those have to do with a professional review? And if you meant "better," which would actually mean something, have you actually played the game yet (not to sound rude, I'm just not sure what your post meant)?

Quote from: Pennington on March 13, 2012, 07:08:44 PM
By the way, anyone else pre-order the game?

When are we supposed to get our preorder stuff?

The only "stuff" I'm aware of is the 3D Classic game (the stand and cards come with all copies, not just pre-orders), and you won't get the 3D Classic until you use the code that you get when you buy it after it comes out.

And I have it pre-ordered.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on March 13, 2012, 08:10:59 PM
"Clearly much bigger?" Bigger how? Took longer to make? Sold better? What would either of those have to do with a professional review? And if you meant "better," which would actually mean something, have you actually played the game yet (not to sound rude, I'm just not sure what your post meant)?
"Bigger" as in, "will sell literally ten times as much." :/ Also, did you even read the post I was responding to?

Neerb

Ah, I see now.

But yeah, 40/40 on Famitsu is a big deal, but they also gave that to Bayonetta and Nintendogs... I'm sure KI is one of the good ones, like Skyrim and Skyward Sword, though.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 13, 2012, 08:10:59 PM
The only "stuff" I'm aware of is the 3D Classic game (the stand and cards come with all copies, not just pre-orders), and you won't get the 3D Classic until you use the code that you get when you buy it after it comes out.

And I have it pre-ordered.
So what, when I show the cashier my pre-order receipt he/she will say "Oh yeah I have something for that" and pull out some card or something? That's quite an odd way to do it. I was expecting to get something right when I put down my deposit.
[move][/move]