News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Board Overhaul

Started by Macawmoses, June 10, 2009, 11:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Hi guys!

I just thought I would let you all know some of the boards have been overhauled. Those of you that never leave Power On likely won't notice, or read this for that matter, but those that do may be dazed and confused.

Never fear, the Scottish Play is here. First and foremost, these changes may or may not be temporary. So, if one really makes you hate life, we'll look at putting it back to normal. Anywho, I know you're all dying to hear of the changes...

1. Boards got new descriptions. Not all of them, but some. They should either be funnier, more accurate, or shorter. The old ones are bland, the new ones aren't quite as bad. Many, if not all, will face small revamps as such in the coming days.

2. Military HQ will be retired as of this Saturday. Archived, actually. Some threads will be released to the public, the rest will fall into the Abyss. With this comes the end of the shiny ranks :'(

3. We had two Koopa births, but it seems Pipe Land wanted a baby too. So we gave it the Forum Features board. That's the place to discuss features - "What's your favorite quote" or "Help with Curveball in the Arcade that doesn't exist". Click the child boards to be warped off.

4. Speaking of warped, I re-ordered the boards in the Warp Zone. Rather than being a giant mess, I grouped them based on what they fit with. Companies. Systems. Genre. Game Specifics. The order of those groups could still be changed, we'll see.

5. A new temporary board popped up at the bottom. The Conduit. Think of it like the Smash Bros. board of yore. Before release we make speculation, talk about hopes and letdowns, etc. After release, we make online matches (no official thread this time), talk strategy, and even aid one another in tricky areas.

NOTE: After it's 23rd release, The Conduit will become a child of Wii. For now, we are merely promoting the board. I anticipate low activity until its release, though.

6. Power On, Arts, and Serious all have possible agendas in the works. These discussions will take more consideration, and likely will not take place within the coming days, or even weeks. Be warned, though, that change is coming.

And that concludes our board special. Enjoy. And if you don't, post stating why you disagree with the moves made. I'd love to hear.

Doodle

It looks a little more organized. Once we get the Arcade back, the Form Features board will probably receive an activity boost.
I'll be sure to check out The Conduit's board, but I don't have much to say about it right now. D:
YEAH

It looks good so far. Although at some point I think I should start posting in the Warp Zone boards.
...̅̅̅

Lotos

Arts & SD (maybe) need new names- Boyah has a board of the same name
Power On may or may not need a new name at staff/user discretion