News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

TF2 Server Overhaul/Fixing time. *DONE*

Started by Vaatix, July 16, 2009, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaatix

Ahoy kids. Some of you frequenters may have noticed a sharp increase in server crashes lately. Totla and I are addressing this issue, and over the next couple of days we will be overhauling what systems the server uses and probably getting rid of a few maps that aren't in use.

With the overhaul we get some new features. Totla and I are going to be adding Reserved Slots for people from NSFCD. None of this "its our server and we're going to do whatever we want with it" crap from NS2. No, it is not your server, NS2. It is ours, and it is time we assert our dominance. Frequent NSF users will get reserved slot access, utilizing sourcebans to the fullest. We'll also see what we can do to limit RTV or give those frequent NSF users more votes in it so that NS2 can't raid in and switch to whatever map they like.

The overhauls are planned for the next couple of days. We are backing up all files and configurations at the moment. By tomorrow we should have a closed version of the working server up, and hopefully by Saturday we will have it back up.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please post any questions in this thread, and we will do our best to answer them.

<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

Tsumaru

I can't thank you guys enough.  Really, this is exactly what we need.

But as a suggestion, could you please add in the SourceTunes plugin as we discussed in the server today?  That's really the only thing I think I want in the server.

Good luck with all the fixin's.

DDantas

um, we never claimed it was our server. To the people who say "the ns2 server" I always correct them and say it's nsf's and that we just play there :\. I will copy and paste this thread info onto the front page on the tf2 thread.

Here's one of my questions, are the reserve slots going to be taking up whole slots in the server? Or is it going to be like the last system where it would boot people out when the server is full?

Vaatix

Quote from: Tsumaru on July 16, 2009, 09:36:48 PM
I can't thank you guys enough.  Really, this is exactly what we need.

But as a suggestion, could you please add in the SourceTunes plugin as we discussed in the server today?  That's really the only thing I think I want in the server.

Good luck with all the fixin's.
We are considering adding that plugin, preferably pointing to the NSFCD radio or another often-on one or more.

Vaatix

Quote from: DDantas on July 16, 2009, 09:55:01 PM
um, we never claimed it was our server. To the people who say "the ns2 server" I always correct them and say it's nsf's and that we just play there :\. I will copy and paste this thread info onto the front page on the tf2 thread.
If NS2 wants to see it, they can darn well come over here and view the thread. Just post the link.

DDantas

Also what about the NS2 regulars? Like Dr. Jones, Shrub, and the other ns2 members that frequent the server but don't have an account here?

Torrent

I obviously cannot have a slot, eh?

Vaatix

Quote from: DDantas on July 16, 2009, 09:58:30 PM
Also what about the NS2 regulars? Like Dr. Jones, Shrub, and the other ns2 members that frequent the server but don't have an account here?
We'll be judging who gets what based on their behavior. We won't have any standard of decision on this aside from how frequently they visit and how not-annoying the people are. You are definitely not on the list of people who are going to get a slot.

Tsumaru

We should make some kind of list, to keep some confusion away.

mastermajora

mastermajora

Quote from: VaatixGanon on July 16, 2009, 10:06:50 PM
We'll be judging who gets what based on their behavior. We won't have any standard of decision on this aside from how frequently they visit and how not-annoying the people are. You are definitely not on the list of people who are going to get a slot.
what about me i am playing basically ever there are 6+ people on the server

Totla

It's going to be a case by case basis. Anyone who wants it can ask, and we'll decide based on several predetermined factors. Like how active you are on NSF (big one), are you an idiot (another big one), etc.

PsychoYoshi

Macawmoses

I request a reserved slot. Even though I don't play. I just want to assert our ownership is all. :)

Also hi ns2

mastermajora

Quote from: Macbeth on July 16, 2009, 11:53:43 PM
I request a reserved slot. Even though I don't play. I just want to assert our ownership is all. :)

Also hi ns2
sup