<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

OBJECTION! - A Phoenix Wright Analysis [Huge 56K]

Started by Metroid_Hunter, September 24, 2007, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metroid_Hunter

OBJECTION! - A Phoenix Wright Analysis

Introduction
Before I begin, I must stress to you that I know there is a zero chance that Phoenix Wright will be a playable character.  I am making this analysis simply because he is my favorite character in video games, and I think he COULD make a great candidate for Brawl.

In his first game, Phoenix Wright is a rookie defense attorney who's always in over his head.  He gets some help from friends, specifically Mia and Maya Fey, who are always there to get him out of a tight spot.  Through a series of difficult and puzzling cases, Wright begins to make a name for himself.  The question is:  Can he keep it?

Moveset
Stats [Out of five]
Speed -
Power -
Jump -  
Size -  

Standard Special - Present Evidence
Phoenix pulls out a random piece of evidence and throws it.  Damage ratios depend on the type of evidence.

Cell Phone - 3%

"The Thinker" Clock - 6%

King of Prosecutors Trophy - 9%

Broken Switchblade - 11%

Knife - 13%

Samurai Spear - 15%

Side Special - Take That!
Phoenix throws out his finger and yells "Take That!".  Whoever the animation hits receives 8% damge.

Down Special - Objection!
In a similar fashion, Phoenix points but instead yells "Objection!"  This refects an oncoming attack back at the attacker.

Up Special - Missle
The K9 unit Missle darts out on a leash, pulling Phoenix in the direction in which he's going.  If it hits a foe, it does 13% damage.

Final Smash - The Verdict
The Judge appears over the stage, much bigger than normal.  He passes his verdict, and then slams his giant gavel onto the stage over and over again.

Stage
Chief of Police's Office
Deaths in this stage occur if you are blasted too far to either side or too high into the air.  There is no falling death.

Music
This is a bundle pack of all the songs I think would be in the game if Phoenix were in.  Click here.

Here's the track listing:

00:00 - Default Stage Music [Cornered - Alteration]
01:30 - Unlockable Stage Music 1 [Rise From the Ashes Opening]
02:06 - Unlockable Stage Music 2 [Steel Samurai]
04:07 - Winning Theme 1 [Congratulations Everyone]
05:16 - Winning Theme 2 [Won the Lawsuit! - First Success]

Challenger Approaching!
Here is a Youtube clip of the "Warning, Challenger Approaching!" screen that would appear when Phoenix was unlocked.  Credit goes to Kontegs for this awesome idea.

Dojo Update
Please note that I made the screenshots with what I could find.  He would have a 3D model for Brawl, and he would not sit on the corner of the screen through the entire match. XD

Support

In Conclusion
Why would Phoenix Wright be a good player in Brawl?  There are a few reasons.  One, he is a third party character from Capcom, who doesn't yet have a representative.  Granted, if they have a rep it will almost definatly be Megaman, but Ace Attorney is one of their biggest series.  Secondly, he appears on one of the DS' best games.  Each of the games in the series are quite challenging and require a lot of thinking to complete correctly.  Finally, he's a great character.  Phoenix Wright is my most beloved video game character for one reason:  His personality.  Along will all the other characters in the game, Phoenix has a personality unlike any other.  He's not a paper thin character that you see in a lot of RPGs and other games of today, he has an in depth story behind him and he's just a cool guy.

Anyway, this took a pretty long time for me to make, and if anyone read it the whole way through, I thank you dearly.  I hope you enjoyed reading!
:)

7Deadly$ins

:P I never thought about Phoenix for Brawl before. That was a good, entertaining read. ^-^ It WOULD be awesome if he was in...
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

Macawmoses

Cornwad

You sure love this thread :D

I still think he would be a good PC idea.

Leobreaker36

You have some really nice ideas! I just wonder what his recovery move would be like....

RoarOfAges[

weirdicecube

Well, seeing as you don't even ask for a response, I would just like to thank you for not starting off your Neo-NSider career with SPAM.

So, yes, I did enjoy reading this.

~Iced