Administrative shuffling.

Started by Judas, January 04, 2008, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoYoshi

JMV

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 06, 2008, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on January 06, 2008, 07:06:37 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 05, 2008, 06:01:02 PM
the vote for your demotion was unanimous sans one staff member.
Which was me.

Uh, no it wasn't.
Did you have yet another staff meeting after the last one?  Because it was brought up at the one I was at and I voted no.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: JMV290 on January 06, 2008, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 06, 2008, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on January 06, 2008, 07:06:37 PM
Quote from: PsychoYoshi on January 05, 2008, 06:01:02 PM
the vote for your demotion was unanimous sans one staff member.
Which was me.

Uh, no it wasn't.
Did you have yet another staff meeting after the last one?  Because it was brought up at the one I was at and I voted no.

(09:38:07 PM) Candlejack: Oh, uh, vote on demoting GM?
(09:38:11 PM) Candlejack: Did we do that yet?
(09:38:15 PM) Silverhawk79: Not yet.
(09:38:18 PM) Silverhawk79: But I vote yes.
(09:38:27 PM) ***Candlejack votes yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
(09:38:33 PM) ***Snorkel votes y
(09:38:43 PM) VaatixGanon: Yes.
(09:38:46 PM) ***JMV290 votes y

We <3 your IM logs.

JMV

So who deleted my post?

PyschoYoshi not being able to handle a little damage to his recently inflated ego maybe?

Judas

Quote from: mackormoses on January 06, 2008, 03:41:25 PM
I just wish that there was more of an explanation, PRIOR to now, so the things that happened, did not.

I had no idea of the level of rampant and childish "rebellion" that would ensue. Had I known everyone was going to start calling the whole administration "corrupted" and start plotting against me I would have just left things how they were.

Well, no, I would have spaced the events out a bit more.

I mean, really, I can't get a grip on why this is important to begin with. Some of the people in question here are 18+ years old. And they're out for some convoluted sort of revenge? I don't get it. This is a Nintendo forum. There are better things to worry about.

Hell, if you want to go spouting s*** about corruption and whatever you think is wrong, get interested in politics. There's better venues for this than a Nintendo forum, especially when you're old enough to drive and vote and do whatever the hell you want.

Sometimes I feel like I should just give everyone Admin status and leave, if that's what everyone wants so badly. Maybe I should setup a goddarn senate of users so we can have us a little Nintendo forum democracy to make sure everyone's happy.

I hate to use this, but come on, we scrap together money for a server, we dedicate hours upon hours to doing everything imaginable for this forum, and you guys say the Administration is corrupt? If you think I don't have anything better to do, I do. I never have and never will make money from this, and it's becoming more of a chore than leisure activity. What's in this for me? Nothing. I do what I can to make people happy, and I like to see it reciprocate every now and then.

"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Macawmoses

I am sorry you feel this way, and I, too, would expect some maturity, especially from those above 18.

The fact of the matter is, it did not happen. Which is WHY I made that point, not to get a democratic/political rant thrown at me (not that it was aimed at me, entirely, more so, everyone).

Yes, if I wanted corruption theories, I would be picketing outside the Alberta Legislature saying Ed Stelmach is corrupt, and his conservative ways will lead to the downfall of the oil sands, and the province.

But I am not after corruption. I am after a peaceful place, where I can discuss Nintendo, and relax after school/work.

And you and I both know, that democracies, on forums, just does not work. In fact, one could say democracies in general do not work. But, that is another story.

No, no one wants "everyone to have admin status" or you to leave. I feel the admins are competent, and things were blown out of proportion.

As the saying goes

"Shit happens"

Now, let us move on with our lives, and leave this behind?

Judas

Quote from: mackormoses on January 06, 2008, 11:57:02 PM
I am sorry you feel this way, and I, too, would expect some maturity, especially from those above 18.

The fact of the matter is, it did not happen. Which is WHY I made that point, not to get a democratic/political rant thrown at me (not that it was aimed at me, entirely, more so, everyone).

Yes, if I wanted corruption theories, I would be picketing outside the Alberta Legislature saying Ed Stelmach is corrupt, and his conservative ways will lead to the downfall of the oil sands, and the province.

But I am not after corruption. I am after a peaceful place, where I can discuss Nintendo, and relax after school/work.

And you and I both know, that democracies, on forums, just does not work. In fact, one could say democracies in general do not work. But, that is another story.

No, no one wants "everyone to have admin status" or you to leave. I feel the admins are competent, and things were blown out of proportion.

As the saying goes

"s*** happens"

Now, let us move on with our lives, and leave this behind?

Indeed. Also, none of those suggestions were actual suggestions, obviously.

And nothing was aimed at anyone in particular, except the bit about adults being more mature might have been about JMV a little bit.  :'(

I also think it's funny how we both said we were leaving for the night in our PM conversation, and neither of us did. SWEETEST SORROW FELT FOR MY OWN LENORE

That said, I will now quote a random Poe poem from this volume, and then I will actually depart.

Gaily bedight,
A gallant night
In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long,
Singing a song,
In search of El Dorado.
But he grew old --
This knight so bold --
And -- o'er his heart a shadow
Fell as he found
No spot of ground
That looked like El Dorado.
And, as his strength
Failed him at length,
He met a pilgrim shadow --
"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be --
This land of El Dorado?"
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied --
"If you seek for El Dorado."

GLORIA IMPERATOR, THE FIRSTBORN STAND

"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Macawmoses

Ya, that is funny neither of us left :P

Poe eh? I dont read the poems, I like the stories. :O Hop Frog, being my utmost favorite!

However, it seems like this put us in the situation of "The Cask of Ammontillado"

We are casing ourselves in, and if we don't get out of the tomb now, we will be forever trapped....

Hence, I removed my revolution sigs, but I DO still support JMV.

Quote from: Snorkel on January 06, 2008, 11:50:12 PM
I mean, really, I can't get a grip on why this is important to begin with. Some of the people in question here are 18+ years old. And they're out for some convoluted sort of revenge? I don't get it. This is a Nintendo forum. There are better things to worry about.

Hell, if you want to go spouting s*** about corruption and whatever you think is wrong, get interested in politics. There's better venues for this than a Nintendo forum, especially when you're old enough to drive and vote and do whatever the hell you want.
Well what did you expect from a bunch of Nsiders? Seriously though, you should know by now that this is how Nsiders are, and most likely it's the way that they'll always be.
...̅̅̅

JMV

I had no idea of the level of rampant and childish "rebellion" that would ensue. Had I known everyone was going to start calling the whole administration "corrupted" and start plotting against me I would have just left things how they were.
I know you're not keen on listening to what I tell you(Like when I warned against EJ and no one listened and he almost intercourse ed you over in a merge) but I linked you to the thread where the joke started.   It's not my fault if you were too lazy to read the thread and see if was a joke.  Don't blame me for that.  

QuoteWell, no, I would have spaced the events out a bit more.
Or maybe at least making sure you rehearsed it instead of having 3 different stories for why things happened.

QuoteI mean, really, I can't get a grip on why this is important to begin with. Some of the people in question here are 18+ years old.
You can just say my name.
QuoteAnd they're out for some convoluted sort of revenge?
If I wanted "some convoluted sort of revenge" I would have deleted every thing off of the server or intercourse ed with the tables of the database while I still had FTP and cPanel access.  I didn't.
QuoteI don't get it.
Of course not.
QuoteThis is a Nintendo forum. There are better things to worry about.
Pretty much the same thing you said to me when I linked you to a bunch of spam posts that you refused to delete, thus causing 2 hours for some one to get to them.

QuoteHell, if you want to go spouting s*** about corruption and whatever you think is wrong, get interested in politics. There's better venues for this than a Nintendo forum, especially when you're old enough to drive and vote and do whatever the hell you want.
okie

QuoteSometimes I feel like I should just give everyone Admin status and leave, if that's what everyone wants so badly. Maybe I should setup a goddarn senate of users so we can have us a little Nintendo forum democracy to make sure everyone's happy.
I don't think anyone has called for that.  Also, turn off the darn word filters instead of trying to censor things that aren't censored or manually censoring your post as done earlier.

QuoteI hate to use this, but come on, we scrap together money for a server, we dedicate hours upon hours to doing everything imaginable for this forum, and you guys say the Administration is corrupt? If you think I don't have anything better to do, I do. I never have and never will make money from this, and it's becoming more of a chore than leisure activity. What's in this for me? Nothing. I do what I can to make people happy, and I like to see it reciprocate every now and then.
i seem to remember playing a role in that, no?

Judas

Quote from: JMV290 on January 07, 2008, 12:15:30 AM

I know you're not keen on listening to what I tell you(Like when I warned against EJ and no one listened and he almost f***ed you over in a merge) but I linked you to the thread where the joke started.   It's not my fault if you were too lazy to read the thread and see if was a joke.  Don't blame me for that.  

QuoteWell, no, I would have spaced the events out a bit more.
Or maybe at least making sure you rehearsed it instead of having 3 different stories for why things happened.

QuoteI mean, really, I can't get a grip on why this is important to begin with. Some of the people in question here are 18+ years old.
You can just say my name.
QuoteAnd they're out for some convoluted sort of revenge?
If I wanted "some convoluted sort of revenge" I would have deleted every thing off of the server or f***ed with the tables of the database while I still had FTP and cPanel access.  I didn't.
QuoteI don't get it.
Of course not.
Pretty much the same thing you said to me when I linked you to a bunch of spam posts that you refused to delete, thus causing 2 hours for some one to get to them.

QuoteHell, if you want to go spouting s*** about corruption and whatever you think is wrong, get interested in politics. There's better venues for this than a Nintendo forum, especially when you're old enough to drive and vote and do whatever the hell you want.
okie

QuoteSometimes I feel like I should just give everyone Admin status and leave, if that's what everyone wants so badly. Maybe I should setup a goddang senate of users so we can have us a little Nintendo forum democracy to make sure everyone's happy.
I don't think anyone has called for that.  Also, turn off the dang word filters instead of trying to censor things that aren't censored or manually censoring your post as done earlier.

QuoteI hate to use this, but come on, we scrap together money for a server, we dedicate hours upon hours to doing everything imaginable for this forum, and you guys say the Administration is corrupt? If you think I don't have anything better to do, I do. I never have and never will make money from this, and it's becoming more of a chore than leisure activity. What's in this for me? Nothing. I do what I can to make people happy, and I like to see it reciprocate every now and then.
i seem to remember playing a role in that, no?

As always, you're up in arms about whatever it is you think I'm attacking. I don't like you any less, James. I don't dislike you.

I know you weren't and aren't actually trying to stage a rebellion or whatever, and I know you're just doing it to piss me and the Admins off, but that's exactly what irritates me. What kind of asshat goes out of his way just to piss someone off? Congratulations, though, your scheme worked. I've been thoroughly irritated, and I'm actually neglecting important school poop to type some half-witted rebuttal. I hope you sleep better tonight.

I was painting, and Warhammer takes priority over forums.  :-*

Also, as an aside, you don't know half of the EJ story, so please stop saying "I predicted it and I was right". We're not going to dredge that up again, either, so don't ask.

And now we're done talking about this. JMV, I'm sorry for whatever perturbation I've caused you. lets go back to boyah and cyber  8)