News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

red blue yellow gold silver

Started by The Riddler, February 25, 2012, 07:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

so this thrift store near me has all five original pokemon games 10 bucks each, 50 for all but i can talk him down to 40 for all

is it worth it?

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

ThePowerOfOne

Except almost every time I've bought a used copy of Gold or Silver the internal battery was dead, or died after the first time I tried to access my save file.

Zero

Quote from: Misha on February 26, 2012, 12:29:49 AM
Except almost every time I've bought a used copy of Gold or Silver the internal battery was dead, or died after the first time I tried to access my save file.

which is why you do this thing called: replacement

The Riddler

darn place was closed today

going back in the morning

Mona

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 26, 2012, 01:02:25 PM
which is why you do this thing called: replacement

Just try not to set the battery on fire. ;>

Kayo

Quote from: Misha on February 26, 2012, 12:29:49 AM
Yeah, I've heard a lot about this; the battery used is one that should only last 12-15 years, which is THIS CURRENT TIME considering when G/S first came out. My Gold's battery hasn't died yet, and I'm nervously awaiting the day it does, which is why I've researched thoroughly how to do it.

Just go out and get yourself some CR2025 batteries. You should be able to open the cartridge by melting the plastic of a pen to the shape of the odd screw.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Or you could order the screwdriver. Or use some tweezers or needlenose pliers.

Kayo

Quote from: Michio Kaku on February 26, 2012, 11:35:13 PM
Or you could order the screwdriver.
Why would you

QuoteOr use some tweezers or needlenose pliers.
I'm still going to try the pen thing, if even for poops and giggles.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Pennington on February 27, 2012, 03:43:47 PM
Why would you
because it's multipurpose for those of us who love retro gaming?

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on February 27, 2012, 06:31:13 PM
because it's multipurpose for those of us who love retro gaming?
Even though you can just make one yourself with a plastic pen case and a lighter. But whatever floats your boat.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Pennington on February 27, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
Even though you can just make one yourself with a plastic pen case and a lighter. But whatever floats your boat.
The plastic pen cases aren't always accurate and they wear out. I've never had one work on more than one screw.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on February 27, 2012, 08:19:22 PM
The plastic pen cases aren't always accurate and they wear out. I've never had one work on more than one screw.
How many batteries are you replacing?

For me I'd only need one, for Gold version. Maybe two, if Crystal also does it. I'm not quite sure Red/Blue have the same issue because there's no internal clock.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Pennington on February 27, 2012, 08:21:18 PM
How many batteries are you replacing?

For me I'd only need one, for Gold version. Maybe two, if Crystal also does it. I'm not quite sure Red/Blue have the same issue because there's no internal clock.
The pen trick works with most Nintendo stuff and I used it for my N64's. Couldn't get more than one screw off per pen.