<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Post your specs/connection speeds

Started by Tupin, June 10, 2012, 08:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Quote from: zephilicious on March 04, 2013, 11:17:16 AM
in neither case is the fan blowing air on the cpu

the point of the fan is to move air over the heat sink's fins, the orientation of those fins is irrelevant
Yeah, basically.

Chris8492

Well this is my Desktop before it was setup up correctly. Now everything is 7.9

Zero

Instead of making a new thread, I'm just gonna ask questions here. I'll start with the poop I use.

Basic Information:

Century Link 10Mbsp High Speed Internet
Netgear 2.4g Router/Modem
50ft Ethernet cable to PC
Microsoft Security Essentials
Wireless functionality for PS3/Wii U/360

Okay so Mona and I recently moved out into a front room of the house. It's larger, but also further away from the router/modem. In my old room, I'd get like 1.2MB/s on Utorrent and pages instantly loaded. But now that we're in this room, even on a wired connection poop is unstable and I'm lucky to get a 150kb/s. My PS3 fluctuates between 98% signal strength and 2% signal strength. My Wii U repeatedly tells me there is no access point in range only to still let me connect to miiverse after a couple tries.

This is alarming because for the first few days, poop was perfectly fine.

So is it time to get a new router/modem? It's the only thing I can think of that would be the problem.

I was looking up some of the newer Asus model modem/routers and they seem pretty legit. Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1750-Gigabit-Router/dp/B008ABOJKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364067270&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+router

The other possibility is that between my Utorrent downloading and my nephew/neice visiting(they just watch netflix for like 5 hours each day) its completely possible I've reached an invisible cap that Century Link set and neglected to inform me about.

Ideas?

Zero

so yea i'm only getting 2/10 the speed of what i'm supposedly paying for. Would calling my ISP actually solve this problem or would I be sitting on hold for two hours for nothing?

Custom

Quote from: Z on March 24, 2013, 12:31:18 PM

so yea i'm only getting 2/10 the speed of what i'm supposedly paying for. Would calling my ISP actually solve this problem or would I be sitting on hold for two hours for nothing?

Calling them may help. I've had to call comcast a few times. I need a new router as well :(

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Not bad I guess

I am using powerline networking soooo

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Custom on March 24, 2013, 01:04:27 PM
Calling them may help. I've had to call comcast a few times. I need a new router as well :(

Ugh.

I hate calling my ISP.  Switching to Comcast is usually an ordeal because of the phone lines and installing cables outside the house. The earth is soft and wet most of the time because Southwest Florida was formerly a swamp. This complicates installation.

BUT I guess I'll call them. If anyone else has any other tips let me know, because I've called them before and they swear up and down that "nothing is wrong on their end". I've had technicians come over and they can never figure out what the problem is.

My patience is wearing thin. #Firstworldproblems

Zero

WELL, suddenly the speed is back to normal

Custom

Custom

Zero

Custom

comcast what happened holy poop
are they paying speedtest to rig these results or something my internet does not feel that fast

CoasterKid93

Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Flying Chickens

my cpmuter is fast but slowing down :(

zephilicious

oh hey the internet actually works at my new house

~~ <3