News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Rayman Legends

Started by Nayrman, April 27, 2012, 06:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

So, a sequel to honestly the best New Super Mario Bros. clone (way better than anything the plumber has produced 2D wise). That's great. Not only does it look like a blast to play, but it's online and for the WiiU.

Of course Nintendo tried to pull the trailer but searching any gaming website probably has it. Looks like the touch screen is used ok (if very basic), but the statues things could be interesting. They showed off a heart/life thing that when on the tablet lets it rain hearts. They showed a Rabbid figure to put rabbids in the stage (Yeah, who honestly is EVER going to use that? Everyone HATES the rabbids). And apparently Ezio is one too, but they didn't show it off. Aw...

Still, hey, still looks like a great game.

Flying Chickens

It'll be refreshing to finally have another platformer Rayman. I'm excited.

Hero_of_Darkness

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 27, 2012, 07:21:59 AM
It's gorgeous. *_*

Indeed, and the soundtrack sounds amazing.

Why can't Nintendo put this kinda effort into their 2D games? <_<;;

DededeCloneChris

I haven't seen the trailer. Here hoping Rayman isn't influenced by drugs or tobacco...

Quote from: Nayrman on April 27, 2012, 07:23:34 AM
Indeed, and the soundtrack sounds amazing.

Why can't Nintendo put this kinda effort into their 2D games? <_<;;
They do, except you pretty much complain too much about them.

Nayrman

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 27, 2012, 08:07:11 AM
I haven't seen the trailer. Here hoping Rayman isn't influenced by drugs or tobacco...
They do, except you pretty much complain too much about them.

*looks at New Super Mario Bros.'s mostly lazy graphical design, mediocre music, and uninteresting level themes that are copy/pastes of previous games*

Yeah, they totally put the same amount of effort into it.... right. @_@;;

DededeCloneChris

Oh goodness, Rayman is still high.

I don't know if I like the medieval-looking art style now. It doesn't look as colorful as the previous one...

Nayrman

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on April 27, 2012, 08:16:17 AM
Oh goodness, Rayman is still high.

I don't know if I like the medieval-looking art style now. It doesn't look as colorful as the previous one...

Come now, let's be perfectly honest. Out of all the New Mario clones out there, ironically it's probably the Mario games themselves that are the most lazily made...

And I don't think Rayman is ONLY doing the medieval art for everything. I'm sure there will be other worlds and such.

Zero

It's funny that you say that they don't put any effort into the music when even if most of NSMB's soundtrack is remixed old Mario tunes, its still better than a vast majority of game ost's.

But yeah, this Rayman game looks legit as intercourse .