News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

So... What Do They Do Now?

Started by JrDude, April 13, 2011, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Whenever GameFreak make 2 new Pokémon games, they always have a 3rd version (re-makes don't count as "new").
The 2 Pokémon games always had the same stories, except a little different based off the main legendary and a couple other things (except red/blue). Then the 3rd version combined the stories with a 3rd legendary which made the stories a little better (IMO).
Yellow changed it by making it as close to the anime as possible and had a Pikachu follow you throughout the game.
Crystal had it so you had to chase one of the legendary dogs instead of random encounter it. Don't know what it did about Ho-oh and Lugia though...
Emerald made all 3 legendaries of the system unavailable plot-wise, but all 3 available later if you wanted them.
Platinum made it so you went through a new world and got a different Pokémon, instead of Dialga/Palkia.

But... what will they do now? Black/White has an ultra unique plot-twist.
[spoiler]The main bad guy CATCHES the legendary opposite... What will N catch now that there is no opposite? Because he can't catch the 3rd Version guy, because then you can't catch the freaking Pokémon on the cover.
Will it be different depending on your gender?
Will it pull a Gold/Silver and say "You saw a stone in N's Pocket! what color was it? BLACK/WHITE?"
Or will N ask you "What color do you prefer? BLACK/WHITE?"
Will N not catch one at all?
[/spoiler]
WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR THE 3RD VERSION?!
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

I've heard rumors that they're not going to do a third version this time, for various reasons. If they were, I think it'll be a you choose a stone at one point and you get that one later at N's castle sort of thing.

SkyMyl

I think there'd be three likely scenarios for the third version of Pokemon Black/White.

1. It happens, and the plot would now involve one of the other legendary Pokemon. (Most say Kyurem)
2. It happens, but rather than focusing on another legendary, the third game is something that, when compared to the previous third versions, is drastically different from all of them, similar to how Yellow made the games closer to the Anime.
3. Game Freak keeps their word and the claims of there not being a third version is legitimately true.

DededeCloneChris

Nope, not a third version. Now THAT'S changing the tradition.

JrDude

Wait, wasn't it proven wrong and they DIDN'T say they weren't gonna make a 3rd version? Didn't they say "we didn't mean to sound like we weren't gonna make a third version" or something like that?
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Kayo and I pretty much debated on this a while back.
Feel free to check out the posts if you want:

http://www.nsfcd.com/index.php?topic=37268.msg589941#msg589941

Anyways, until I hear a global announcement that GF is working on it I will continue to remain skeptical that a 3rd version will be made.

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 13, 2011, 01:22:26 PM
Wait, wasn't it proven wrong and they DIDN'T say they weren't gonna make a 3rd version? Didn't they say "we didn't mean to sound like we weren't gonna make a third version" or something like that?
That was one person.
He said he doesn't "remember" saying a third won't be made.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Of course they're going to make a third. Easy way to make a lot more money, but in my opinion the games are worth it.

Points.
The cover legendary will more than likely be Kyurem, as it is the third member of the 5th gen dragon trio. Also, Reshiram and Zekrom represent Yin and Yang, while Kyurem is said to represent wuji, the absence of either. Also no other new legendary Pokemon seems to fit at all.
If it was Kyurem, they could call the game "Gray version" easily enough, since Kyurem's body is mostly gray save the cyan ice features. Not that this matters, but I can see how "gray" would fit.
Reshiram and Zekrom will both be available. Crystal allowed the player to catch Lugia and Ho-Oh, Emerald had Groudon and Kyogre, while Platinum offered access to both Dialga and Palkia.
Reshiram and Zekrom will be unavailable until after the Elite Four, but a level 50 or below Kyurem will be available in the pre-E4 storyline, or immediately after the E4.
The climax of the story might take you to the Giant Chasm early, but I have doubts on this since it IS a bit deep into the Post-E4 side of Unova. Maybe a NEW location will open up past the Pokemon League, or Kyurem will appear at DragonSpiral tower or something. Perhaps Reshiram and Zekrom will be at the Giant Chasm later. Or they'll be at the DragonSpiral tower. I don't know on this one. Where will the climax take you?
Something will get a new form.

I based this all on patterns of past 3rd games.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

A lot of other people who believe there to be a 3rd think it won't be called Gray, but something else.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 13, 2011, 08:26:40 PM
A lot of other people who believe there to be a 3rd think it won't be called Gray, but something else.
I'm just thinking the whole monochrome theme of Black/White/Gray makes more sense than throwing a color in there, and by this I mean a color that has value.

And Kyurem is gray.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 13, 2011, 08:26:40 PM

i think gamefreak confirmed that they weren't going to call it gray in an interview somewhere
gray isn't an official name, just a placeholder for something inevitable

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

FruitFlow

Quote from: Custom on April 16, 2011, 03:15:24 PM
i think gamefreak confirmed that they weren't going to call it gray in an interview somewhere
gray isn't an official name, just a placeholder for something inevitable
Yeah. I mean "Gray" is a far predictable name for a 3rd version.
Even though it sounds like the most obvious choice it just seems unlikely.

Kayo

This is like how many fans referred to what became Platinum as "Opal."
Seriously, Platinum sounds like it would fit in better with Gold and Silver. But okay.

I'll call it Gray for now. In a year and a half or so we'll hear the real name.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Aren't Silver and Platinum basically the same in terms of "appearance"?

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 16, 2011, 04:06:30 PM
Aren't Silver and Platinum basically the same in terms of "appearance"?
I always thought Platinum was a bit more lighter in color, but maybe not. They are almost identical visually, but "Gold, Silver, and Platinum" often go together.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 16, 2011, 04:10:59 PM
I always thought Platinum was a bit more lighter in color, but maybe not. They are almost identical visually, but "Gold, Silver, and Platinum" often go together.
Or Bronze/Copper.
But maybe GF could save those 2 for another Gen.