News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Watching any good animation?

Started by Tupin, February 28, 2013, 10:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Honestly I'd rather watch Gravity Falls. I really don't like either of the main VAs that are in Wander Over Yonder, especially the voice of the main character.

No, I did not like Fix-It-Felix Jr., either.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Tupin

Britz

Quote from: Custom on August 07, 2013, 09:26:14 AM
honest question why do you guys still watch like cartoon network and disney channel

like i liked them as a kid but i have no interest in watching things on those new or old now

It's not really the networks but more the cartoons that are on them. I don't go out of my way and watch cartoon network for 5 hours, but rather pick shows that I wanna watch then turn into the channels that they're on.

I know what you mean though, I use to watch those channels all the time but I've gotten a lot more picky about what cartoons to watch. I would only watch old cartoons now for nostalgia.

Custom

Quote from: Britz on August 07, 2013, 09:22:56 PM
It's not really the networks but more the cartoons that are on them. I don't go out of my way and watch cartoon network for 5 hours, but rather pick shows that I wanna watch then turn into the channels that they're on.

I know what you mean though, I use to watch those channels all the time but I've gotten a lot more picky about what cartoons to watch. I would only watch old cartoons now for nostalgia.

i kind of mean that i think all the shows on them are not worth watching now

i think regular show is cool but i wouldn't want to watch more than one episode at a time
i'm done watching adventure time tho
please no more

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Britz

Quote from: Custom on August 07, 2013, 11:45:27 PM
i kind of mean that i think all the shows on them are not worth watching now

Ohhhhh. Well then just watch Eva and Megas XLR for the rest of your life?

Custom

Quote from: Britz on August 08, 2013, 09:10:52 AM
Ohhhhh. Well then just watch Eva and Megas XLR for the rest of your life?

i feel like anime is fine because it tackles mature themes that cartoons on american daytime tv would never bother touching. i just think it's weird to watch shows that are like super intended for kids at this point, unless i watch them ironically.

Tupin

I really don't watch that much modern anime because of the moeblob phase that Japan has been going through for over a decade makes it really hard to watch, even in stuff where they're not the focus. Doesn't help that Western audiences obsess over these either.

I mean there was a time when I'd put up with it since American cartoons were so bad from like 2004-2010 but really I'd rather watch Lupin or something instead of modern stuff.

Britz

Quote from: Custom on August 08, 2013, 09:24:27 AM
i feel like anime is fine because it tackles mature themes that cartoons on american daytime tv would never bother touching. i just think it's weird to watch shows that are like super intended for kids at this point, unless i watch them ironically.

A majority of anime in Japan is broadcast at night on main Japanese broadcasting stations, and the anime are usually targeted for the teen/young adult/adult audiences. Also Japan doesn't have any formal guidelines when it comes to censorship but are rather self-censored, so anime can talk about/have more mature themes.

Tupin

Still would rather watch Lupin

or a Western cartoon

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Custom on August 08, 2013, 09:24:27 AM

WOW SOMEONE HASN'T WATCHED BAKA TEST LOL
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on August 08, 2013, 01:03:33 PM
Still would rather watch Lupin

or a Western cartoon

i'm trying to say i think western cartoons are childish and not good tho and want you to tell me why you like them on cn/disney channel

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on August 07, 2013, 09:26:14 AM
honest question why do you guys still watch like cartoon network and disney channel

like i liked them as a kid but i have no interest in watching things on those new or old now

TECHNICALLY I don't watch either of those channels... I watch stuff online. Also, I only really watch stuff like Avatar and Young Justice these days, as far as CN, Nick, and Disney go, because those are just good period, not "good compared to ______."

That said, I have several friends who looove Adventure Time and Regular show, and I enjoy it when I watch it with them, because hey, it's a good cartoon and we're geeks with not a lot better to do at that moment. Except Gravity Falls; that show isn't remotely as good as people say it is. At least My Little Pony requires its mass fandom devotion as a basis of even existing, like a big ironic joke people forgot was a joke; Gravity Falls is just mediocre and over-rated all around, like Doctor Who.

Tupin

Quote from: Neerb on August 09, 2013, 02:59:39 AM
TECHNICALLY I don't watch either of those channels... I watch stuff online. Also, I only really watch stuff like Avatar and Young Justice these days, as far as CN, Nick, and Disney go, because those are just good period, not "good compared to ______."

That said, I have several friends who looove Adventure Time and Regular show, and I enjoy it when I watch it with them, because hey, it's a good cartoon and we're geeks with not a lot better to do at that moment. Except Gravity Falls; that show isn't remotely as good as people say it is. At least My Little Pony requires its mass fandom devotion as a basis of even existing, like a big ironic joke people forgot was a joke; Gravity Falls is just mediocre and over-rated all around, like Doctor Who.

I only watched a few episodes of Gravity Falls and it was pretty good. Don't really get the fandom behind it, but the fandoms for popular shows really aren't based in logic. Also, "that" show lost a lot of fans after making two different controversial moves like three months apart.

I think the only thing that can be as overrated as Doctor Who is just Doctor Who...

Custom

i tried to watch gravity falls and i thought it was a cool kids show but i dunno i just can't watch something like it at this age i guess