News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

For those of you who receive Nintendo Power...

Started by GreatGonzales106, June 14, 2008, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatGonzales106

...what do you think of Chris Slate and Future US? I feel like Slate is trying way too hard to be funny when it only makes me laugh about 5% of the time.

Tupin

I miss old Nintendo Power, they are trying too hard to be cool now.

It would be cool if they actually broke news.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 14, 2008, 11:06:08 AM

Yeah, what the hell were they thinking with the moon at the end of the June issue? I don't know about you, but I was expecting something a little bigger than Castlevania.

Tupin

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on June 14, 2008, 11:11:51 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 14, 2008, 11:06:08 AM

Yeah, what the hell were they thinking with the moon at the end of the June issue? I don't know about you, but I was expecting something a little bigger than Castlevania.
Yeah, good job keeping it exclusive when you do something like that right before Konami's Gamer Day.

They said the clue WAS the moon.  :|

GreatGonzales106

Very stupid all around, but I'm still getting it in hopes of something exciting actually happening.

Tupin

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on June 14, 2008, 11:20:20 AM
Very stupid all around, but I'm still getting it in hopes of something exciting actually happening.
Well, they actually managed to keep the new NiGHTS game secret.

Nayrman

There is a reason I stopped getting their magazine. They never do any news...and you're right. They're very unfunny

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on June 14, 2008, 11:38:52 AM
There is a reason I stopped getting their magazine. They never do any news...and you're right. They're very unfunny
How do they even compete?

Everything that would be an "issue selling" story would be put on the Internet almost immediately.

I have a feeling that the only reason they made it this far was because NOA kept pumping money into their publications/advertising budget....

And we all know how they took away such "frills" to avoid losing money.

thunderhero4

I was sad about the change, but I dont care anymore. I still like the magazine over other game magazines because it has more comic relief than the others. But thats just opinion

Ares300

I hate it now, when they ask me to re-subscribe, imma gonna sayz "lol wut".

Slate ruined Pulse and Future US ruined the magazine, end o story. Besides, where the hell are Giancarlo(the guy who was hired about 3-5 issues before NP went down hill) and Drew?

Silverhawk79

I think he's trying too hard. He keeps dredging up old jokes, like Chuck Norris and Mr. T.

ThePowerOfOne

I couldn't care less. I just read it because i'm bored. I read the new issue for like 10 minutes to see what games are coming out, then pack it away in my drawer with all the rest :P

Although, I did like the 40 posters I got for renewing for another two years :)    Its a lot better than a crappy PH guide.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Phaze on June 14, 2008, 06:54:55 PM
I couldn't care less. I just read it because i'm bored. I read the new issue for like 10 minutes to see what games are coming out, then pack it away in my drawer with all the rest :P

Although, I did like the 40 posters I got for renewing for another two years :)    Its a lot better than a crappy PH guide.
jflasf
I knew I should have waited to renew.
I saw the poster thing in stores for like $25. :(

Tupin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on June 14, 2008, 07:14:45 PM
Quote from: Phaze on June 14, 2008, 06:54:55 PM

jflasf
I knew I should have waited to renew.
I saw the poster thing in stores for like $25. :(
olol MSRP.

Flying Chickens