News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Donkey Kong Family Tree?

Started by JrDude, July 11, 2009, 08:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

I'm asking for it, do any of you know all the Kongs in every game and know their relation to whoever? Like
Donkey - Diddy (either relative or just a sidekick, I never really knew) - Dixie (Diddy's girlfriend)
ect.
I know it's not really Mario related, but DK is mainly only Mario now, so I thought I'd ask here.

Also, about Diddy's Star shirt, what happened to it? It used to only be 1 star, and then it changed to 2 stars. Any specific reason?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Doodle

According to this:
Candy Kong - Donkey Kong's girlfriend
Chunky Kong - Kiddy Kong's brother, Dixie and Tiny Kong's cousin
Cranky Kong Wrinkly Kong's husband and elder of the Kongs. He is the original "Donkey Kong" from the 1981 Arcade game of the same name.
Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong's nephew.
Dixie Kong - Tiny Kong's sister, Kiddy and Chunky Kong's cousin
Donkey Kong - Cranky and Wrinkly Kong's son, Diddy Kong's uncle, Candy Kong's boyfriend and ruler of Donkey Kong Island.
Donkey Kong Jr. -The current Donkey Kong's dad.
Funky Kong - Family friend of the Kongs
Kiddy Kong - Chunky Kong's brother, Dixie and Tiny Kong's cousin
Lanky Kong - Relation unknown, described by Cranky as "a twisted twig on a distant branch of the family tree".
Swanky Kong - Direct relation unknown
Tiny Kong - Dixie Kong's sister, Kiddy and Chunky Kong's cousin
Wrinkly Kong - Donkey Kong's mother, Cranky Kong's wife
YEAH

Gwen Khan

I remember making a post a long time ago (when DK had it's own bored) that had more or less the Kong family tree

JrDude

Who's Swanky Kong? A new kong or someone from DKC 3? (I never played that one, actually I never finished any of them)

And I kinda doubt DK Jr. is the father of this Donkey Kong, but I guess it's possible.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Qsmash

There's one thing that I don't get. Diddy and Dixie are in the same family and they're boyfriend and girlfriend?

nvm lotos cleared it up.

Doodle

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 11, 2009, 10:00:03 PM
Who's Swanky Kong? A new kong or someone from DKC 3? (I never played that one, actually I never finished any of them)

And I kinda doubt DK Jr. is the father of this Donkey Kong, but I guess it's possible.
Swanky Kong was in DKC2. He was a host for some quiz game, or something.
And DK Jr. is supposed to be the son of Cranky Kong, which would be the current DK.
YEAH

Lotos

Side note:  There are rumors that DK Jr is actually the current DK's father, but then again, I forget what's actually true so we'll just go with what Doodle said.

JrDude

Well Donkey Kong Jr. can't actually be the regular DK due to the fact that there's now a Baby Donkey Kong.
I'd also like to know who said the original Donkey Kong is Cranky Kong?
[move][/move]
Dude .

X-3

Baby Donkey Kong? Like from YIDS?

I'm not sure what the origin of the Cranky=original thing is, but it's possible. DK is his son, anyway.

Doodle

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 12, 2009, 08:25:21 PM
Well Donkey Kong Jr. can't actually be the regular DK due to the fact that there's now a Baby Donkey Kong.
Baby DK could be DK Jr. at an earlier stage.
Baby DK is in diapers still, while DK Jr. is more like an infant.
YEAH

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 12, 2009, 08:25:21 PM
If I recall, one of Snake's Codecs in SSBB talks about DK with Colonel. The Colonel said that Cranky Kong was the one that Mario first fought in the game Donkey Kong.

Surprising that the Colonel knew that. :P

JrDude

Quote from: wiiboychris on July 13, 2009, 11:48:03 AM
If I recall, one of Snake's Codecs in SSBB talks about DK with Colonel. The Colonel said that Cranky Kong was the one that Mario first fought in the game Donkey Kong.

Surprising that the Colonel knew that. :P
Ooooh, I see, I knew I heard it somewhere before... (It's Donkey Kong's by the way)
I still kinda doubt DK Jr. is DK's father, especially since Donkey Kong AND Donkey Kong Jr. were in the original Mario Tennis together. I mean adult Donkey meeting his father as a kid? Tha'd be weird.

EDIT: Actually, all the codec says is that the original DK was this DK's grandfather, it doesn't say it was Cranky Kong. if that family tree is right, Cranky is NOT the original Donkey Kong, but is Donkey Kong Jr. (which is still odd)
[move][/move]
Dude .

X-3

Mario Sports games have no continuity. Hence the fact that we have baby versions of a lot of characters...or why Rosalina is able to reappear suddenly to go kart racing...or why a zombie Bowser is able t-yeah, that's enough.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on July 13, 2009, 03:04:51 PM

EDIT: Actually, all the codec says is that the original DK was this DK's grandfather, it doesn't say it was Cranky Kong. if that family tree is right, Cranky is NOT the original Donkey Kong, but is Donkey Kong Jr. (which is still odd)

Hell I remember Cranky being the original Donkey Kong even as a kid, and I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure they mention it in one of the games.

JrDude

Well people, Cranky is indeed not the original Donkey Kong. In Donkey Kong 64 Cranky calls Donkey his son, therefore, he is Donkey's father. The codec clearly says that the original Donkey Kong was this Donkey Kong's GRANDFATHER. So the original DK is either Cranky's dad, or Wrinkly's dad, either way, it's not Cranky.
[move][/move]
Dude .