News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Mario Bros. Military: The Revival

Started by MarioGamer, September 23, 2007, 10:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioGamer

Quick Overview:

Welcome to the Mario Bros. Military! So uh, being here, I guess you're interested, right? Hm..lets see. Well, for starters, the Mario Bros. Military has a pretty old history. When the Power On RP first came up, my old Military was among the firsts to become pretty popular. Not THE first, mind you, just one of the first  ;). We had a pretty good run at things and had about three threads worth of posts, divided respectfully into Mario Bros. Military chapters 1, 2, and 3.

So..what did we do exactly? Well, like most other military rps, we fought other militaries for domination over the different NSider worlds. We were a clan aligned to good, so I guess you could say that we defended many of the peaceful peoples from evil clans.

When we weren't attacking another clan, we generally spared with each other for training or engaged in special event and story RPs. Those were pretty fun for a while, but before you knew it we were out doing something else with one of our allies.

Our major enemies back in the day? Well, we had a couple. Our first big one was the MK: DD Army, aka the Stringonian army after a while. It was more a friendly "enemy" and we fought them along with the Golden Sun Military. After a while, we were attacked by the Bowser Military off guard, and they became our enemy . We defeated them and for a while we layed low. However, a few weeks later, new more powerful threat emerged: the Elites. For the majority of the Military, we fought them.

Now that the opportunity for a new NSider has arrived, I thought "Hey..why not open up my old clan again!?" And so..here I am, doing just that. If you are interested, post here. Make sure your register post is in BOLD, this way we know its not part of the actual story right away.

Good luck, have fun..and uhm..WELL ENJOY!  :P
---

Story

Letter from the Mushroom Kingdom:

Dear warriors,

The attacks on the Mushroom Kingdom grew steadily worse.. the koopa forces have just taken the castle and the Princess is kidnapped! Mario and Luigi left the Kingdom to try and save her, but that leaves the Mushroom Kingdom currently defenseless from the invading forces.

The remaining castle officials felt the time to create a Mushroom Kingdom military has come. They choose warriors, athletes, and other great fighters to participate in this military and fight for the good of the Mushroom Kingdom.

This job will not be easy... currently, each one of the Koopalings occupies one of the many provinces of the Mushroom Kingdom. Each of these provinces will also be occupied by other deadly enemies... so be careful team!

Good luck, we will all be with you!

MarioGamer stood in front of the large military reading this letter, his eyes looking over each member. This group, while they don't know anything about each other, showed great potential. He knew that they could get the job done while the Kingdoms heroes were saving the Princess.

The team was named after these heroes, the Mario Bros. Military. MarioGamer then began his own speech..

"Team, I know things are looking bad for our kingdom today. But I feel..no.. I KNOW that we will be able to turn the table on the Koopa forces. For the good of all people living in our great kingdom..we must fight together and end the reign of terror that currently occupies our kingdom. Mario Bros. Military, MOVE OUT!"

And with that..a legend was born.

MarioGamer

Player and Military stats

Overall Command

The command has control over any squadrons and issues orders as to what each squadrons objective will be in a battle. They also act as "admins" in this thread, meaning they can create new rules should the need arrive. Second commander must be VERY experienced.

Commander (leader):
MARIOGAMER
2nd Command:

Yoshi Squadron (calvary):

The Yoshi Squadron can use Yoshi's in battle. You start off with a Yoshi egg, hatch it and choose what color it is, and then raise it. Your Yoshi will be a very valuable partner in this squad! You do not receive any weapons other then Fire Flowers and Shells. Squad leaders and seconds must be very experienced in RPing. (a "second" is a back-up leader should the leader be absent)

Squad Leader:
Second:
Yoshi Troopers:

Infinity:

Your basic foot-soldiers. While they do not receive a Yoshi, they get more weapon choices.  This is a perfect position for beginners, since they don't have to worry about training a yoshi as well as themselves. As with the Yoshi Squad, leader and second must be VERY experienced. (if you have any more suggestions for ranks, let me know  :))

Squad Leader:
Second:
Flight Soldiers (Cape):
Fire Soldiers (Fire Flower):
Defensive Soldiers (Shy Guy masks and Shells):
Medics (Shroom Holders):
Hammer Bro's (Hammer of course!):

Members, Allies, and Enemies

Want to ally to us or fight us? Well, send me a PM. I'll get back to you as soon as possible and notify the clan of the changes.

Current Members:

Example:
-SCREEN NAME (RP char name)

MARIOGAMER (MarioGamer)
GAMINGFREAK10 (Zan Damascus)
SHIZUREWORD (Shizure Word)
DARKZERO (Dark Zero)
TRIFORCE_LUIGI: (Trilo)
MARIOFAN999: (Max "Shadow" Dark)
JSLINK (JS)
LEGACYSTRIKE (Legacy)

Current Allies:

--

Current Enemies:

The Koopa Kingdom (in story)

MarioGamer

RULES (cause I gotta post these)

1. Do not godmod.  Basically, you guys know what godmoding is.  Do not post one hit kills, do not post ridiculous comebacks (such as "Joe broke a sword with his face"), and do not become invinvible in one v. one matches (unless its a special story event, I'll explain that later).  I can understand that it happens on occasions, but frequent godmodders will not be welcome here.

2. Do not make fun of others. Its as simple as that. If I see anyone mistreating anyone else, the proper punishment will be used.

3. u$3 pr0p3r 3ngr1$h (Use proper English): Look, I know no one is perfect. I'm sure a few of you guys already saw a few errors in my first post that I haven't realized yet. But please, use good grammar and english while posting.

4. Treat enemy militaries with respect. Yes, respect your enemies. They are just like you and I and this is just a GAME. A lot of people, including yours truely, didn't do this all the time, and I regret acting the way I did with some my enemies. Like with rule number 2, you know that proper punishment will be taken to those abusing others.

5. When not rping, type in BOLD. Like with the registering bit, it makes it easier to tell since it catches your eye right away.  When there is not a major story event going on, I really don't care how you post (unless you are registering in the military).  But if we are in the middle of a story, please type "I g2g" or "I need to brb" in BOLD

6. Have fun. Thats the most important one  :P .

How to register

I don't care if you want a character outside the Mario universe. Just make sure your character has interest in defending the Mushroom Kingdom. In addition to the powers your character has, he or she will receive the weapons and abilities the ranks provide.

Use this as a "sign up" sheet. (Remember to bold this)

Name:
Race:
Brief Bio:

----

Updates

9-23-07: WOO, WE'RE OPEN. Official RP stuff will start this friday. Until then, Spars are welcome.
9-24-07: Moved from the old board to this one
10-4-07: New forum is up for team members to post in the story RP.  This thread will be used strictly for military battles and spars only  The web address for this forum is:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mario_Bros_Military/index.php?act=idx

Please go there and register.  I will get your rank and title set up after that. 
10-4-07: Please send me a PM if you wish to battle our military.  I will get back to you as soon as I can.
10-4-07: All members need to post the squad they wish to be in by Monday morning or you will be assigned to one. 
----

MarioGamer

One more post.. Yes, this was all copied over from the previous board since we moved.  So expect the exact same thing here :P.  Only other post made besides me was this one by GamingFreak10:

Name: Zan Damascus
Race: Ragnorian (alternate dimension human >.>)
Basic Abilities: elements fire's his best but he can use up tp 11 if the circumstances are right  ;)
Brief Bio: came here from an alternate dimension, trying to follow his evil brother. has been with mg for the last 3 years of earth time
as per mg's request i changed this a little bit

Thats GamingFreak10s registration post.  You may all start posting now. 

gamingfreak10

hey mg
just thought i'd post here
i hope this place gets running like it did on nsider

ShizureWord

Name: Shizure Word
Race: Human (Alternate Dimension, Cursed. Its a long story)
Age: Over 300 (Maintains body of 21 year old due to Magic stored inside body)
Basic Abilities: Uses natural magical ability to make words become literal in existance. As in if he says "Sword" and sword will appear. This, however, does not give him the ability to just say "Die" and everything dies.
Brief Bio: Ended up in the MBM by recruitment from his friends Zan and MG. He has an alternate personality, an evil one, that is stored in the back of his conscience. However, he contains him with meditation and pure mental strength.
Creator of The Brotherhood of Zeranthia. Join the fight! Pm me for link.

ShizureWord

Shizure reporting for duty! Bring on the baddies!
Creator of The Brotherhood of Zeranthia. Join the fight! Pm me for link.

DarkZero

Well I might as well go with the traditional character I use. So BAM! HERE IT IS:

Name: Dark Zero
Race: Reploid
Basic Abilities: His main weapon is the DZ-Saber, but he has a variety of weapons and spends some of his time creating new ones. To improve his strength, he uses element chips to add a twist of power to his already fierce attacks.
Brief Bio: Dark Zero was created by a mystery man who found plans for the original Zero and put his own ideas into it, making it stronger in some aspects, weaker in others. Once the Reploid was finished, the mystery man vanished and Dark Zero never knew who was his real creator. He then set off to find a purpose.

MarioGamer

Hey guys, thanks for joining!  These next couple of days we will be having RP spars to get you all warmed up.  They will be held in the thread.  I know for a couple of you its been a while since you RP'd in threads, so a little warm-up should help!

Also, if anyone from outside the thread wishes to challenge any one of us, you can feel free to!

Tao Atlas

Yeah, I'd definitely like to spar you guys. Mostly because I don't have anything better to do, and there aren't enough militaries up yet for me to go on a genocidal rampage..

MarioGamer

Quote from: Tao Atlas on September 24, 2007, 09:45:58 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely like to spar you guys. Mostly because I don't have anything better to do, and there aren't enough militaries up yet for me to go on a genocidal rampage..

Sure!  Sounds great, we'll spar with you.   Just pick your opponent.  We'll probably have to start it later this afternoon because of classes take place right now.  We'll determine most of the details then. 

Yeah..I know.  There aren't enough other military clans out yet.  In fact, there aren't enough RP threads up yet. 

Tao Atlas

I'll fight all of you at once at whoever is willing to fight me.

MarioGamer

Quote from: Tao Atlas on September 25, 2007, 08:21:51 AM
I'll fight all of you at once at whoever is willing to fight me.

If you insist.  Though, I warn you, I'm really good.  I've been doing this for the last 3 and a half years, so don't underestimate me  ;),

Shadowlink19

I'm not joining, but I thought I would let you all know that I'm really considering starting the Golden Sun Military up again (been too long). And, if so, I wouldn't mind having that military become allies with you guys once again. :)

MarioGamer

Quote from: Shadowlink19 on September 25, 2007, 10:44:26 AM
I'm not joining, but I thought I would let you all know that I'm really considering starting the Golden Sun Military up again (been too long). And, if so, I wouldn't mind having that military become allies with you guys once again. :)

Alright, sounds great!  Thanks Shadowlink!  It'll be just like old times :).