News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

possibru new mewtwo

Started by The Riddler, April 03, 2013, 11:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

This "second girl Mewtwo" is making me kinda hopeful.

That way, she's actually technically "Mewthree," and then she permanently changes form, and then in-game she's already like that when you find her and the dex is like "Mewthree used to look like Mewtwo."

Probably won't happen, though.

Kayo

She's still National Dex #150 which is not okay.

Honestly, with the whole gender change and the implied non-interchangeable forms, she really SHOULD be a separate dex number. I mean, the two Nidorans were separate.*

I would really have no objection to it being separate in the dex, even though it's really similar to an existing Pokemon. I would much, much rather that then going back and doubling up on #150, especially since Mewtwo♀ is basically a Gen VI Pokemon and is quite possibly important to the XY storyline in some way (or at least important to the Generation, given its debut appearance in a movie) so it would be kind of weird, in my opinion, to have it separated from the rest of its Gen VI friends by five whole generations.

*For the sake of arguments, let's ignore the fact that Nidoran would most likely have only a single dex number if it was released in Gen IV or later--the time when Pokemon first implemented both gender differences and gender-based branch evolutions. The reason for me bringing that up was that they were different numbers despite having the same name; there's no reason that the Mewtwos couldn't be separated for the same reason, considering they parallel the Nidorans pretty much exactly: Same name, different gender (theoretically), different stats.

Though if they did that, I don't know what Mewtwo♀ would be called.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Mewtwo is genderless you intercourse s

The voice actor has no bearing on this poop. Stahp being weetoded

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on April 20, 2013, 10:08:21 PM
Mewtwo is genderless you intercourse s

The voice actor has no bearing on this poop. Stahp being weetoded
My theory on this is they originally just decided to make all Legendaries genderless, until Gen IV with Heatran (50/50 gender ratio) and Cresselia (always female).* And by the time that was incorporated, it wasn't really practical to go back and change gender ratios for existing Pokemon, plus it wasn't really a big deal since they can't breed anyway.

Now we're seeing more and more gendered legendaries, to the point where I personally feel that in a few gens the majority of new ones will have genders, mostly assigned ones...particularly the ones whose singularity is explicitly highlighted in a movie, like Celebi.

*Latios and Latias debuted one generation earlier, but they weren't too far from the point since they were the only two gendered legendaries at the time and they went together as a brother/sister thing. And the main reason there were two of them was to give Ruby and Sapphire two different roaming legendary Pokemon--hence why they're almost identical except for a switch in offensive and defensive stats.

P.S. If I want to use the different gender pronouns and symbols to differentiate between #150 Mewtwo and #150 Mewtwo, deal with it. You know which forme I'm referring to at all times when I do that anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

holy poop WHOOO CARES
the new mewthing is cool it's like majin buu

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

doesn't matter mewtwo is genderless any way you look at it m8

The Riddler

Stop being intercourse ing stupid it's not a female and it's not a second Mewtwo it's just a different voice actor. The fact you're even trying to justify discussing it makes you intercourse ing retarded.

NOW, does anyone know Japanese and can confirm that the trailer actually says "Forme"? A friend of mine brought up an interesting point in that it might not confirm a new forme, but what we saw might have been Mewtwo evolving. I don't understand Japanese enough to make a comment on that.

If it is a forme, it's not permanent. Formes are never permanent.

Custom

Zero

Tupin

wait so what is everyone freaking out about

i don't get it

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

Quote from: Tupin on April 21, 2013, 10:21:26 AM
wait so what is everyone freaking out about

i don't get it

they're nerds idk
it's really stupid to freak out about anything here

Tupin

like I never really got into pokemon ever

but I just see so much vitriol and "RUINED FOREVER" with this that it kind of reminds me that every single fanbase is exactly the same and reacts the same way to things like this

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

hey

[spoiler]i'm just being a dick and fanning the flames i dont give a poop as long as the form is overpowered and fun to use in Ubers[/spoiler]

uh i mean

Super

They should make a documentary on Pokemon entitled

Pokemon: What's the Big Deal?

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on April 21, 2013, 12:12:35 AM
Stop being intercourse ing stupid it's not a female and it's not a second Mewtwo it's just a different voice actor. The fact you're even trying to justify discussing it makes you intercourse ing retarded.
Gods, you're dense. We'll refer to #150 Mewtwo however we intercourse ing want until its official name is revealed, thanks. Stop getting so intercourse ing anal over someone using "she" instead of "it" because it's not a big deal.

QuoteNOW, does anyone know Japanese and can confirm that the trailer actually says "Forme"? A friend of mine brought up an interesting point in that it might not confirm a new forme, but what we saw might have been Mewtwo evolving. I don't understand Japanese enough to make a comment on that.
Honestly, how likely is it that it's an evolution of Mewtwo instead of an alternate forme? Just think about that for a little bit. What I do know for sure is there was a poster or something of-- wait, let's just look at it again.

[spoiler]
And another.
[/spoiler]Twice on the first image and at least three times on the second image is "Mewtwo" written in Japanese (ミュウツー). Look for it both vertically and horizontally. I can't read anything surrounding the name, but just take a look at the way the name appears; to me it's pretty conclusive that the name "Mewtwo" is referring to the Pokemon in the picture, but if anyone can read anything else on there it would help a lot.

If it is a forme, it's not permanent. Formes are never permanent.
"Depends on your definition of forme, which differs between sources." - Wormadam, Shellos, Gastrodon, and others.
[move][/move]