News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Updated and New Things

Started by Vaatix, February 13, 2008, 02:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaatix

Ahoy, and sorry for the two and a half hour downtime.
First of all, the Board Condensation that the forums have needed for so long. Thanks to the SIT for working out the final board layout only 13 days into their job. We've removed most of the individual games boards and all of the Wifi game boards. Wifi games and discussion can be talked about in either the Wifi board, or in some cases, their individual franchise's board. (Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, etc). The arts have all been condensed, and there has been an addition of an 18+ board, obviously only accessible by users who are or are over the age of 18.

Next, some updates to the ultimate profile. Pictures can now have comments. Your buddy lists have been wiped, instead of actually adding buddies immediately you now request to be a person's buddy. Just click the add buddy link to do this, and it'll send them a PM. This helps with the problem of users wanting to know when other people have added them.

A long-needed new theme has been added, the Back N Black theme.

My favorite new feature has been added, Chess. There is a link to it in the Default, NSF Classic and Back N Black themes. For anyone using the Nsider4000 and 5000 themes, there is a board with the link at it the bottom of the forums. Chess is pretty self explanatory, so I won't go into too much detail. The chess board doesn't work so well in the Back N Black theme, but it does work, so don't worry. I haven't checked the Nsider4000 or Nsider5000 themes.
Nope, I don't think there is anything else. Enjoy the updates.

To fix the issue with the buddylists, click this link: http://nsiderforums.net/index.php?action=profile;sa=editBuddies
Clear your buddies from there, and then readd them with the new system.
<+Clu> my dick is a massive launch title

Kayo

porfiles more like myspace huh?

ok, well, condensing the boards wasnt TOO bad, some thing i have to get use to...

good job vaatix, MoM, bluaki, and any of the other SITs who helped! :)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Gwen Khan

Quote from: VaatixGanon on February 13, 2008, 02:30:39 AM
Ahoy, and sorry for the two and a half hour downtime.
First of all, the Board Condensation that the forums have needed for so long. Thanks to the SIT for working out the final board layout only 13 days into their job. We've removed most of the individual games boards and all of the Wifi game boards. Wifi games and discussion can be talked about in either the Wifi board, or in some cases, their individual franchise's board. (Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, etc). The arts have all been condensed, and there has been an addition of an 18+ board, obviously only accessible by users who are or are over the age of 18.

Next, some updates to the ultimate profile. Pictures can now have comments. Your buddy lists have been wiped, instead of actually adding buddies immediately you now request to be a person's buddy. Just click the add buddy link to do this, and it'll send them a PM. This helps with the problem of users wanting to know when other people have added them.

A long-needed new theme has been added, the Back N Black theme.

My favorite new feature has been added, Chess. There is a link to it in the Default, NSF Classic and Back N Black themes. For anyone using the Nsider4000 and 5000 themes, there is a board with the link at it the bottom of the forums. Chess is pretty self explanatory, so I won't go into too much detail. The chess board doesn't work so well in the Back N Black theme, but it does work, so don't worry. I haven't checked the Nsider4000 or Nsider5000 themes.
Nope, I don't think there is anything else. Enjoy the updates.

were is this board? I'm over 18 and can't see it

Fell

The ONLY thing about this update I absolutely HATE, is my friend's list....

I had so many. Most are gone and I can't ask for thier friendship because they can't respond.

:'(

Spongebob does not approve

Matt

I'm happy about this, except the fact Fan art became a child-board :|

sonicdude164

Nice, I really like all the additions, condensing.

Rius

Okay, when our buddy lists were "cleared", they weren't actually cleaned up. I'm still buddies with the same people, but I can't have them in a nice list format, nor can I remove them from my list. The Add or Remove from list link doesn't exist for buddies removed.

Fell

Though the back N black theme IS Pretty cool. I'm using it now.

Reminds me of the old Smash skin. Without orange.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on February 13, 2008, 05:56:51 AM

We could easily edit the CSS to make it orange. :P

Fell

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 13, 2008, 06:00:44 AM
Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on February 13, 2008, 05:56:51 AM

We could easily edit the CSS to make it orange. :P

Lol.  :D

That's okay though, you don't have to. ::)

Red

Whenever I go to a person's profile to add them to my buddies, there is no button. Did you guys move it?

Ridley

How come nobody has an add to buddy list option when they have a customized profile?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Silverhawk79

Quote from: RedSox on February 13, 2008, 06:02:31 AM
Whenever I go to a person's profile to add them to my buddies, there is no button. Did you guys move it?
Right above "Send this member a personal message".

Ridley

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 13, 2008, 06:04:39 AM

Sorry but it isn't there.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Fell

Quote from: Ridley on February 13, 2008, 06:05:48 AM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 13, 2008, 06:04:39 AM

Sorry but it isn't there.

I went to Redsox's profile and it's there for me. :-\