News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Diabolical levels/moments

Started by Kayo, November 20, 2010, 08:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

We've all had this. Seems like the game is purposely trying to make you rage by making something so hard to do. Have you ever experienced this? I see this mostly in older games. Let me share an example.

Anyone played Donkey Kong Country 3? Well the one level I despise is called Swoopy Salvo. Why? Because getting the DK/Hero Coin is so darn difficult, and it's even harder in the GBA version.

If you didn't know, there's one of these coins in every level, and you must collect all of them to beat the game completely. To do this, you must defeat the enemy who holds it, called Koin. he uses the coin as a shield, and the shield always faces you. You must throw a steel barrel over his head so that it bounces off a wall and hits him from behind. But usually, the steel barrel respawns so you get extra tries if you miss. Except in this case. Once you reach the "No animal sign," the animal buddy you were with (Squawks the parrot in this case) disappears and you get a prize. This particular prize is a steel barrel. And it doesn't respawn.

Diagram.

As you can see, it's nearly impossible to accomplish this. Worse? Getting another try is tough. It's slightly before the halfway point, so you think "Not bad, I'll just die and start the level over, get here again, and do it." Too bad. Once you're here you can't go back, and you can't die until AFTER going through the Continue Barrel. So yes, you must COMPLETE THE ENTIRE LEVEL. THEN YOU CAN START OVER. AND TRY A SECOND TIME. RAGE.

So discuss any of your favorite/most hated evil moments in games.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

Level 1 in Wizardry 4.

Just go research it.

Also, the VERY last Bramble level in DKC2. Some of those jumps had to have pinpoint precision. Or maybe I just suck...

Oh, and the level in Jak 2 with the big Metal Head chasing you. I hate forced perspectives like that.

Neerb

I'm just going to get this out of the way right now:

THE WATER TEMPLE.

Which Water Temple exactly is up to you, but I think most people including me would mention Ocarina of Time.

Kayo

Quote from: Barbaloot on November 21, 2010, 05:55:36 PM
Level 1 in Wizardry 4.

Just go research it.

Also, the VERY last Bramble level in DKC2. Some of those jumps had to have pinpoint precision. Or maybe I just suck...

Oh, and the level in Jak 2 with the big Metal Head chasing you. I hate forced perspectives like that.
Screech's Sprint? You mean the jumps in the beginning? You have to cartwheel-jump, bro.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

Quote from: Kianglo on November 21, 2010, 07:13:14 PM
Screech's Sprint? You mean the jumps in the beginning? You have to cartwheel-jump, bro.
I did that, some of them were too intercourse ing high... I think. I need to go play it again.

Magnum

Any Platforming level that's not in a Platforming game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR JUMP MECHANICS AREN'T GOOD! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change