News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

How could we increase activity?

Started by Silverhawk79, April 28, 2017, 04:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Like, we're pretty dead. But NS2 is also dead. How do we steal them back? How do we reach these kids, man?

Zero

Honestly, no really extravagant ideas are coming to mind.

People just don't give a poop about forums like these, they all circle jerk on reddit or 4chan or a lesser incarnate of either. Some congregate to circlejerk on Neogaf or Gamefaqs or some official forum. At the end of the day, this is just a random as intercourse  SMF. I like it here because of the history I have here and because you folks are great, but I wouldn't come here if it wasn't for that and I think many feel the same way.

Maybe if we started to play some games, and slowly started to invite people over that way through actually gaming, we could get something going. but other than that, everyones busy at the places I mentioned earlier or with the real world, and many of us are at the age where we have many responsibilities now so coordinating schedules and factoring in timezones complicates that further.

Wish I had better ideas and less reality to drop on ya. I'm up for games sometime though if we ever figure anything out. Hell, we don't even have a Switch FC thread up.

Super

We really should play games. It's silly we don't considering we're GAMERS.

I know most of us have jobs and poop, but darn, I know we could set aside SOME time and plan something out.

Matt

Perhaps another forum merger? Nah I joke. As far as gaining activity, I don't ever see that happening at this point. Even chat is dead or at least has been the last 8-10 times I joined it, apart from jato and jaydee. As Zero said, forums aren't really a thing anymore outside of the realm of official forums per specific brand. Apart from the occasional discussions that break out, that's about as good as I think it's going to get. I also agree with Super, it is silly. I mean it does feel like what's the point of even trying, but a couple of hours, once a week, get the remaining few and just have a game night. Can't be that hard.

whatwewishfor

whatever

MoS

you should make a discord server, no one cares about forums or irc anymore.

Custom

Quote from: MoS on May 01, 2017, 08:15:13 AM
i hate discord servers
i'm in a bunch and they are all boring

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

Make it a dating site. We'll all just date.
Who wants the one with a kid?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Activity is overrated. If I want activity I'll go on Twitter.

I love that we're all still here. After all these years. Social media has nothing on that.

Super

Quote from: Macawmoses on May 11, 2017, 07:30:30 PM
Activity is overrated. If I want activity I'll go on Twitter.

I love that we're all still here. After all these years. Social media has nothing on that.
Let's merge with Boyah!

jnfs2014

Quote from: MoS on May 01, 2017, 08:15:13 AM
we have one that we use in #flatline, but it's jato's so idk.

Silverhawk79

Custom

buttlord420

makes us a subreddit uncle silver it's the only way

Custom

Quote from: buttlord420 on May 17, 2017, 02:53:56 AM
makes us a subreddit uncle silver it's the only way
intercourse  that