News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

What do YOU want to see in the likely R/S remakes?

Started by Kayo, August 12, 2011, 09:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Alright, let's face it. While there is no confirmation on even the mere existence of Ruby and Sapphire remakes, I still think there's a nice likelihood of it happening. Even if it doesn't, who's to say we can't dream?

Anyway, one thing I want to see is a stronger emphasis on weather. The cover legendaries are based on the weather, for one. I want to see naturally-occurring intense sunlight. The only time something close to that happened was in the climax of Ruby after Groudon was awakened. I mean, we have natural rain in a lot of places, and even a natural sandstorm. Hoenn is said to be a more tropical region compared to the others, as evidenced by some of the Pokemon that you find there (Tropius?) and the fact that it's likely based on Kyushu, Japan's southernmost island. So why not have strong sunlight?

But not every day. GameFreak already did good on Route 119 (if I'm remembering routes correctly) where it didn't rain every day, but instead went through a three day cycle. Clear skies, rain, thunderstorm. I believe Black and White have some routes that are rainy some of the time.

But if I want is this. Virtually ANY route can be under either Clear Skies, Rain, or strong sun on any given day. Obviously there would be some exceptions, the region immediately north and east of Mt. Chimney where we have volcanic ash and sandstorms would be one. But say one in six days at Dewford island are under strong sunlight, and two are under rain. Having a more random-feeling weather system would be really cool, IMO.

That's just the one thing that I thought of and I'll think of more later but yeah hypothetically if/when we get these, what do you guys wanna see in them
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Now hold up.
All the free GBA games for 3DS haven't been announced.
Do you think if R/S/E are announced for the 3DS it would increase or decrease the chances of remakes?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on August 12, 2011, 09:44:26 AM
Now hold up.
All the free GBA games for 3DS haven't been announced.
Do you think if R/S/E are announced for the 3DS it would increase or decrease the chances of remakes?
I still doubt that they'll put Pokemon games on the 3DS like that, because of the complexity and emphasis on trading, etc. that simply wouldn't be possible.

If they ARE announced for the 3DS I'll think about it but for now I don't think they will be.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on August 12, 2011, 09:46:23 AM
I still doubt that they'll put Pokemon games on the 3DS like that, because of the complexity and emphasis on trading, etc. that simply wouldn't be possible.

If they ARE announced for the 3DS I'll think about it but for now I don't think they will be.

The NES games will be upgraded for multiplayer.

I don't see why the GBA games would be any different... well, outside of Nintendo not wanting to put the effort in.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on August 13, 2011, 02:36:47 PM

I don't see why the GBA games would be any different... well, outside of Nintendo not wanting to put the effort in.
They run with an internal battery/clock/etc, which if they wanted to pull from the 3DS's internal clock may require a bit of game modding also
MONEY. They want to make money. Just porting them to the 3DS will not make money like releasing a remake will.

Plus everything about Pokemon has always involved trading. That's why they release two nearly identical versions at once, and that's why they've been doing it for years. I still remember an announcement about the original games that was like "There are two cartridges, one's red, one's blue. Trade with friends to catch 'em all!"

Trading wouldn't happen with GBA games on the 3DS unless they do some serious modding, and again, why not just remake the games altogether and let them be available to everyone?

Seriously, that's not that this thread is about. There are going to be remakes, face it. Many people (me included) didn't think there would be a G/S remake, BUT THERE WAS. It's gonna happen, so focus on what you want it to include.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on August 13, 2011, 02:36:47 PM

uh wtf no they won't be
where did you see that
they never said that

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Custom on August 13, 2011, 06:43:04 PM
uh wtf no they won't be
where did you see that
they never said that
You need to read articles completely, you know.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/29/3ds-nes-games-will-include-multiplayer-following-an-update/

They WON'T have multiplayer the first time you download them, but that'll be added in future updates along with other stuff.

Kayo

Now they always add something to the regions. Like the new Safari Zone in HGSS with those routes beyond Cianwood City. If they added stuff to Hoenn, where would they put it? The route has no ends; everything is surrounded by a circular network of routes and nothing sticks out except Ever Grande City which they can't really add to, with the Pokemon League and all.

HGSS had Groudon and Kyogre catchable. FRLG had Lugia and Ho-Oh catchable (through event). They both have the previous gen's cover legendaries catchable. Will the R/S remakes bring Dialga and Palkia into Hoenn somewhere?
[move][/move]

JrDude

They can add underwater routes, like "somehow, there's a grassy route under water inside this cave" or some bullpoop like that. Or do the easy way like FR/LG and add islands that aren't on the current map.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I want to see what they do with My. Chimney and Mt. Pyre, graphically.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on August 13, 2011, 09:28:34 PM
You need to read articles completely, you know.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/29/3ds-nes-games-will-include-multiplayer-following-an-update/

They WON'T have multiplayer the first time you download them, but that'll be added in future updates along with other stuff.

2014 oh boy

DededeCloneChris

Kayo

[move][/move]

Custom

Kayo

[move][/move]