News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The NSFCD Pokédex - A Collaborative Project.

Started by Kayo, April 17, 2011, 05:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

First things first, this is not separate from Rob's project entirely.

I made this thread because Rob is forcing all discussion not about Starters or Legendaries out of his thread. I'd like to open up to NSFCD and ask you about your ideas. You all know what's going on here, so let's hear your non-starter, non-legendary ideas.

I am not intending this to be separate from Rob's project. My goal is to allow new Pokémon to be created here (I'll design them if you give me ideas to work with) and eventually I'll merge them into Rob's project.

I'm interested in all you guys have to say. Feel free to let your ideas flow, I'm not going to be overly strict or judgement about this.

Staff, let this thread stay, please. This topic should allow everyone to get a word in without bickering.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 17, 2011, 05:31:32 PM
First things first, this is not separate from Rob's project entirely.

I made this thread because Rob is forcing all discussion not about Starters or Legendaries out of his thread. I'd like to open up to NSFCD and ask you about your ideas. You all know what's going on here, so let's hear your non-starter, non-legendary ideas.

I am not intending this to be separate from Rob's project. My goal is to allow new Pokémon to be created here (I'll design them if you give me ideas to work with) and eventually I'll merge them into Rob's project.

I'm interested in all you guys have to say. Feel free to let your ideas flow, I'm not going to be overly strict or judgement about this.

Staff, let this thread stay, please. This topic should allow everyone to get a word in without bickering.
Let's make a separate thread to further decrease the organization.

Way2go.

Kayo

Alright guys, here are the ideas we have. Notice how many if not all of them require more ideas. That's why I want you all to give input. I know it doesn't seem like it, but this is for ALL OF NSFCD to help out with.

That being said, here's what we have.

~Farfetch'd evo- We don't really have much on this.. a few ideas bouncing around but no one will agree on anything. MUCH INPUT NEEDED.

~Qwilfish evo- Gonna add some fins to this thing along with an obvious size increase. SOME INPUT NEEDED.

~Girafarig evo- We have absolutely NOTHING on this. INPUT NEEDED.

~Octillery evo- This shall be a large, Kraken-like monster. Typing is currently undecided, though it will undoubtedly be of the Water type.

~Torkoal evo- This may have a chimney-like back that exerts smoke and is somewhat reminiscent of a volcano. It may be a Fire/Rock type, or retain a pure Fire type.

~Grass starter- the final form is going to be a mix between a mohawked and frilled lizard. It is to be Grass/Fighting.

~Fire starter- the final form is going to be a giant peacock-quail mix, with the "eyes" on the large feathers amplifying psychic powers. It is to be Fire/Psychic.

~Water starter- the final form will be a malicious, dark-colored frog. It is to be of the Water/Dark type.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Ew on the fire starter. Lame as intercourse , poopty typing.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on April 26, 2011, 10:32:17 AM
Ew on the fire starter. Lame as intercourse , poopty typing.

Majority agreed on a Dark/Psychic/Fighting starter type combination. If we didn't do a Fire/Psychic, we'd have to either do a Fire/Fighting (NO ONE wants another of these), or a Fire/Dark, which would result in Grass/Psychic which is an even pooptier type.

Plus, you offered no better suggestions. You had your chance. It's set in stone now. (Plus, Rob came up with the peacock IIRC, so ninny at him). Also we wanted three different types of animals: For example, we have a reptile, a bird, and an amphibian. And a peacock actually fits the Psychic type very well. It's not "lame as intercourse ," the idea behind it was to look at the "eyes" on a peacock's feathers... and how this alludes to a Psychic type (It's a common cliche to associate Psychic powers with eyes, especially in Pokémon) and plus, no peacock Pokémon exists yet. It's actually one of the good ideas I've heard from Rob.

But it's too late to change it, so deal with it. You're welcome to make serious suggestions as far as features, etc. if you'd like.
[move][/move]

Zero

I don't need to justify my opinions by providing ideas of my own, but I'll elaborate.

Yes, it's lame as intercourse . It's a good idea, but why make it a fire starter? It'd be a better pokemon if it was psychic/flying AND you wouldn't be plaguing the actually decent idea of a psychic peacock pokemon with the fire starter bullpoop. Two birds(lul), one stone.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on April 26, 2011, 03:48:41 PM
I don't need to justify my opinions by providing ideas of my own, but I'll elaborate.

Yes, it's lame as intercourse . It's a good idea, but why make it a fire starter? It'd be a better pokemon if it was psychic/flying AND you wouldn't be plaguing the actually decent idea of a psychic peacock pokemon with the fire starter bullpoop. Two birds(lul), one stone.
This I agree with. I stated it in the thread, but I was ruled out and they're making it the starter.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on April 26, 2011, 03:48:41 PM

Rob said something about the starter being based on a flightless bird (even though I think some species of peacock can fly) like Empoleon, who was a penguin--a flightless bird--but wasn't the flying-type. Also Blaziken had chicken like qualities, and while it was much less chicken-like than its pre-evolutions, none of them were flying.

I have no idea where Rob was going with the Peacock-being-flightless thing, but whatever. Yell at Rob, not me.
[move][/move]

Zero

The Torchic line can't fly because the only one in the line that has WINGS is Torchic, and they're far too small. Furthermore, they're unrelated to my point that the fire element doesn't really suit peacocks(also that the typing is poopty and it'd be a much better pokemon if it wasn't fire but hey whatever) Peacocks have wings, and regardless if they can fly irl or not, a peacock pokemon could be a flying type. They have the wings for it and if they didn't, you could sure as hell give them the wings for it.

Aight since you brought up past legitimate starters, compare the first image of this fire/psychic peacock you can think of with the past fire starters. All of the fire starters are badass as all hell. Peacocks are not "badass". They're essentially nature's "metrosexual", or in layman's terms: nature's sissy.

All I can say is thank goodness this list isn't legit.

JrDude

I suggested we didn't do it, yet most liked it, so it happened. Rob's to blame for the idea, not the deciding it to be official.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

and now I remember why I didn't bother coming here for a while. ~_~

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on April 26, 2011, 04:05:34 PM
The Torchic line can't fly because the only one in the line that has WINGS is Torchic, and they're far too small. Furthermore, they're unrelated to my point that the fire element doesn't really suit peacocks(also that the typing is poopty and it'd be a much better pokemon if it wasn't fire but hey whatever) Peacocks have wings, and regardless if they can fly irl or not, a peacock pokemon could be a flying type. They have the wings for it and if they didn't, you could sure as hell give them the wings for it.
The fire element doesn't suit peacocks? Whoa whoa whoa, that's what Pokemon is about. Fire isn't associated with dogs or horses, but we have Growlithe, Ponyta, and Houndour. Steel isn't associated with birds, but we have Skarmory. And on that last point, why not make a intercourse ing flying penguin? We have a penguin, but it's Steel. BUT STEEL ISN'T ASSOCIATED WITH PENGUINS. Why isn't Empoleon flying? It's a flightless bird, but it has wings. This is the point you're trying to make there. It isn't working in this situation.

QuoteAight since you brought up past legitimate starters, compare the first image of this fire/psychic peacock you can think of with the past fire starters. All of the fire starters are badass as all hell. Peacocks are not "badass". They're essentially nature's "metrosexual", or in layman's terms: nature's sissy.

All I can say is thank goodness this list isn't legit.

Yes the peacock is far too wimpy-looking compared to other starters. Even Meganium is a DINOSAUR. Cute little turtles, Squirtle and Turtwig, turn into beasts their final evolutions, Blastoise and Torterra. Yeah I don't think it's fair compared to the other starters. But Rob's idea in this is "Anything Rob says goes".

We needed a Fire/Psychic though for our theme. And a peacock fits the Psychic theme, and could be fire too (if you picture the feathers being red-orange and shaped like a fire). While it looks inferior to the other starters, it fits. If we took it out, it would be hard to replace it. It's a bird, fitting the three-kinds-of-animals thing. It fits our type theme. The only thing holding it back is the appearance.

I'm now considering taking it Blaziken's route, making it more like an upright-standing bird-beast with traits of other things/animals, rather than a fat little peacock thing. In fact, I'm going to do this.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Rob has officially kicked me out of his project, so I'm taking charge of this myself.
What fun.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 05:12:49 PM
Rob has officially kicked me out of his project, so I'm taking charge of this myself.
What fun.
Again, making an assumption and being a little ninny baby.

I don't like you, I never have and you knew that. Stop. Starting. Arguments. All I did was ignore you on IRC. Eat poop and shut the intercourse  up.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 26, 2011, 05:18:03 PM
Again, making an assumption and being a little ninny baby.

I don't like you, I never have and you knew that. Stop. Starting. Arguments. All I did was ignore you on IRC. Eat poop and shut the intercourse  up.
No, the whole thing is the fact that you won't accept any of my ideas. And you're the one being a baby, since you're giving me poop about this project that I only want to work my ass off to help with just because you don't like me. All I wanted to do was help, and you shut me out.
[move][/move]