News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Pokemon B/W Pronunciations.

Started by The Riddler, March 25, 2011, 03:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

So, how do you pronounce the pokemon names/towns/characters names?

I'm watching the B/W anime and I've learned some of the pronunciations, didn't expect them.

Correct pronunciations:
Unova = You-nova

Patrat = Patch-rat (I called it Pat-Rat)
Audino = Aw-din-oh (Din as in "Dinner") ((I called it Aw-dee-no))
Pidove = Pee-Duhv (I called it Pih-duhv)
Munna = Moon-uh. (I called it Muh-nuh)

Cilan = Sy-lan (Lan as in Land) ((I called him Sih-lan))

FruitFlow

How would Watchog be pronounced?
Is it "Watch-og" or "Watch-hog"?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Ghetsis.

It can be pronounced as deh-nnis, bhey-bies, fhe-tish, and ghey-sheese.

FruitFlow

Dwebble and Crustle sounded fairly simple.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Beheeyem looks like poop difficult to pronounce if you don't realize you're just saying "B.E.M."

These things this gen actually seemed fairly easy to pronounce, though I have some "complaints" of sorts. Here's how I pronounce things.
Pidove - With no other way in mind i said "Pih-DUV"
Patrat - Pat-rat.
Zweilous - Seeing the German origin, I thought it had to be pronounced with a German accent (ZVAI-lous) and it better be correct that way.
Cobalion - Coh-BAL-ee-On
Terrakion - Can't decide which syllable to accent, so I'm sticking with Terra-kyon.
Virizion - VERIZON. Actually, I just say Vir-IZ-ee-On. Think that's right.
Reuniclus - Oh this thing. RyUU-ni-kluss.
Eelektrik - Electric.
Eelektross - Again, no EEEE. It's Uh-LECK-tross to me
Liepard - I just hate saying this thing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on March 25, 2011, 06:13:05 PM
Eelektross - Again, no EEEE. It's Uh-LECK-tross to me
...this ones a joke, right? You can't clearly see "Eel" in it, and pronounce it EEL-eck-tross?

FruitFlow

The word is clearly in there, so I have no clue how someone would say it as something else.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on March 25, 2011, 06:18:07 PM
...this ones a joke, right? You can't clearly see "Eel" in it, and pronounce it EEL-eck-tross?

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 25, 2011, 06:20:51 PM
The word is clearly in there, so I have no clue how someone would say it as something else.

I see the word, and I see how they want it said, but it's probably something to do with my accent.
I do use both, but more often I say Elektross when I'm saying it fast (including saying it in my head) but any time I stress its name for whatever reason "I think I'd rather send out Eelektross for this." I put somewhat of an EE sound in there.

It's really like a mix directly between saying it like "Electric" and a straight "Eeee" sound. I have no idea how to explain it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]