News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Gen V Pokemon Names

Started by DededeCloneChris, March 22, 2011, 07:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

It's time to discuss a very hot topic discussed almost everywhere: Gen V Pokemon Names.

So in a very short summary, what are the names that you like/dislike the most of this generation? Please take in mind we're talking about names, not the Pokemon you like best for other specific reasons.

For me, Roggenrola was unique when I found out it roughly says "Rock n Roll". And Audino sounds a bit funny when pronounced.

Kayo

I always say "OW-dee-no" but I think it's really "AW-dee-no".

Scrafty deserved a better name
Elgyem is okay
Beheeyem could have been spelled better
Hydreigon is awesome
Lillipup is poop
so is Patrat
and Watchog i guess
Liepard sounds stupid out loud
Klink is okay
Klang is eh
Klinklang ruins everything.
Larvesta and Vocarona are cool.
Litwick is simple but I like it
Lampent reminds me too much of "lap bent" so eh
Chandelure is alright. Probably my favorite of this generation and I'm okay with the name
Fraxure I don't pronounce with a regular X sound. I say Fracture. Don't know if that's right
Axew would have been better
Haxorus isn't COMPLETE poop
Roggenrola made me chuckle a bit
Boldore I hate it because it just reminds me of a mispronunciation of Boulder
Same with Timburr and Gurrdurr hurr durr

okay i'm done for now

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

We discussed this a while ago in the official 5th gen thread.

Anyway, the best names of this or any gen is Foongus Amoongus. Some annoying names are Druddigon (Crimgon, the Japanese name, was way better) and Kyurem (not even sure how to say that).

The Riddler

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 07:12:28 PM
It's time to discuss a very hot topic discussed almost everywhere: Gen V Pokemon Names.

So in a very short summary, what are the names that you like/dislike the most of this generation? Please take in mind we're talking about names, not the Pokemon you like best for other specific reasons.

For me, Roggenrola was unique when I found out it roughly says "Rock n Roll". And Audino sounds a bit funny when pronounced.
Roggenrola = Rock 'n Roller.

DededeCloneChris

Darumaka sounds so Japanese is not even funny...to me.

The Riddler

Quote from: Celebi on March 22, 2011, 07:20:36 PM
We discussed this a while ago in the official 5th gen thread.

Anyway, the best names of this or any gen is Foongus Amoongus. Some annoying names are Druddigon (Crimgon, the Japanese name, was way better) and Kyurem (not even sure how to say that).
Keye-oo-rehm?

DededeCloneChris

Special mention goes to Snivy. The name is really nice.

Custom

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 08:14:23 PM
Special mention goes to Snivy. The name is really nice.

i think you mean smugleaf

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 07:33:26 PM
Darumaka sounds so Japanese is not even funny...to me.
It IS Japanese. All they did was take a K out (it was Darumakka).
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 08:15:39 PM
i think you mean smugleaf
I think you mean Co***rigus.

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 08:16:48 PM
It IS Japanese. All they did was take a K out (it was Darumakka).
Then again, the fact New York/Unova is the central point where cultures meet might have a special meaning, so...

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 08:18:26 PM
Then again, the fact New York/Unova is the central point where cultures meet might have a special meaning, so...
Well not ALL the new pokemon are American-inspired. We have that loli-tower thing.

But things like Scrafty, Trubbish (but there's garbage everywhere), Braviary, etc were definitely inspired by american "culture"
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 08:21:02 PM
Well not ALL the new pokemon are American-inspired. We have that loli-tower thing.

But things like Scrafty, Trubbish (but there's garbage everywhere), Braviary, etc were definitely inspired by american "culture"
Why is "culture" written with quotations? Scrafty is definitely based on American urban culture, you don't need to quote people.

But anyway, I like Foongus and Amoongus.

Custom

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 08:18:26 PM

I actually named mine CoFAGrigus
best name

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

JrDude

Krookodile is an awful name for a final evo. I wouldn't mind if it were for the first or second part of the evolution line, but as a final one, it sounds dumb. Krokorok should be switched with Krookodile.

But yeah, I think they were trying to be like in the first gen and have little creativity with the names and kinda failed hard on quite a bit.
Alomomola also sucks. I usually have trouble saying it, even in my head, I say "Almomola" or "Alomomomomola" or some crap like that.

Some of the names are also like Krookodile's. They would have been awesome to have as the final evo and no one (or maybe just me) would care if the crappier names were given to the lower evos, rather than the final ones. "I'm gonna send my ROGGENROLLA to kick your ass. Oh poop I got beat by a Boldore..."
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on March 22, 2011, 08:29:09 PM
Why is "culture" written with quotations? Scrafty is definitely based on American urban culture, you don't need to quote people.

But anyway, I like Foongus and Amoongus.
I was referencing that bag of trash more. Seems to me like the Japanese think we have radioactive piles of moving garbage walking our country.

It's your fault if you took that seriously.
[move][/move]