News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Your favorite era of Nintendo

Started by SkyMyl, July 18, 2010, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

This is where anyone interested in Nintendo will be stationed, to wait until we're ready to strike against the magnificent bastard himself, Mackormoses. Our base camp can be found here. No, there is no reason to hide our efforts, nor our plans. He will find out regardless, so why even bother trying?

We'll need some discussion to pass the time while we wait, however. Let's start off with this opening statement:
What generation of Nintendo is your favorite? Or rather, what era of Nintendo was your favorite to live through? 8-bit (NES), 16-bit (SNES), 64-bit (N64)...so on and so on. I'm asking you, my brothers and sisters, what you considered your favorite. For me, it's a tie between N64 and SNES. I was growing up when the Nintendo 64 was still out, so I got to play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, and what may have been my first game ever, Mario Kart 64. I've got some fond memories of the 64, and some of the games are still fun to play.

But the SNES, my favorite console ever, was still darn amazing when it came out. It has a charm that will never be matched, in my eyes. I played it around the same time as the N64, and I even remember my Mother playing A Link To The Past, the only Zelda game she's beaten, to my knowledge. I also remember playing Super Mario World when I had a fever at the age of 5. And I remember Super Street Fighter II's intro, which used to terrify me so much.

...I'm done reminiscing over the past now. Your turn to nostalgia now.

Shujinco2

I would say the SNES era.

Earthbound, ALTTP, FF4,5,6, Chrono Trigger, panel De Pon, X-Kaliber 2097, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-stars, Super Mario RPG, Sim City, Kirby's Super Star, Kirby's DreamLand 3, etc.

There is a lot.

Mystic

7th generation (DS/Wii)

Nintendo's highest success in a long time, some great games and hardware, and continued enjoyment of the badass GCN.

Neerb

I've only been into Nintendo since the 64 days, so.... grah, this is hard. N64 was such a glorious era, with the mind-blowing awesomeness that is a THREE-HANDED CONTROLLER, yet Gamecube was so very excellent too... I think I'd have to say the Gamecube era.

So, how exactly does this help in our fight against Mack?

Up through 64 is when a vast majority of games seemed to be really good and last for long time.

Also R.I.P. Game Boy
...̅̅̅

Transient Link

I remember more of the N64 days. Even though I love SNES. So I pick N64/GBC. God so many good games. Pokemon, Zelda, Mario. (Oracle games ftw) I miss the 90s :(

Zero

I was born with a NES, got a SNES at 4, got a N64 at 9, a GCN at 12, and a Wii at 15. Out of all of these, I'd have to agree with a lot of you: The N64 era was badass.

DededeCloneChris

Wii, because you technically have your NES, SNES, and N64 eras all in one there. :P

Neerb

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 26, 2010, 03:15:47 PM
Wii, because you technically have your NES, SNES, and N64 eras all in one there. :P

You can play Gamecube games, too! Unfortunately, there's a noticeable lack of Rare (gimme my DK64, dangit!!).

Zero

DededeCloneChris

Mystic

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 26, 2010, 04:49:03 PM
Is the DK64 there, though?
Clearly Wii isn't powerful enough without an SD expansion pack.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Mystic on September 26, 2010, 04:59:03 PM
Clearly Wii isn't powerful enough without an SD expansion pack.
Or because Rare is claiming rights for the game.