News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection

Started by The Riddler, December 25, 2010, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JRose on April 28, 2011, 01:38:52 PM
I played this at a friend's house and loved it. The graphics are awesome, the gameplay can be either engaging or power leveling (hurray for auto battle) and the music is phenomenal (either redone or classic, like Pokemon HG/SS, only it's a default option)

I played this game at least five hours, and once I get enough money for it, I'll spend a lot more on it.
Engaging? The difficulty isn't the same one as the DS. In fact, Cagnazzo's Tsunami does like a measly 50HP to all party members. But I think the difficulty picks better in The After Years.

jnfs2014

Engaging as in if you don't power level and actually have to use tactics.

DededeCloneChris

The Riddler

I intercourse ing love it. It's the GBA version and more. Sure it doesn't have the difficulty of the DS version, but it has the party swapping and bonus dungeons. The music was remade wonderfully and the graphics are nice. New battle animations and world map animations, even poop like the Trap Doors changing are changed to be seen in the actual game rather than just stated. Then add in -Interlude- and a complete package of The After Years...

FF4PSP is the best iteration hands down.

DededeCloneChris

Definitely missed party swapping. I blame the Augment thing that was used as an excuse to keep the barely dead-characters out of the screen.

Zero

...so...I should actually buy it instead of pirating right? I usually buy the good psp games and pirate the "okay" ones.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on April 28, 2011, 09:17:09 PM
...so...I should actually buy it instead of pirating right? I usually buy the good psp games and pirate the "okay" ones.
Absolutely.

So, I found the developers room in -Interlude-, and I swear to intercourse ing god there is a guy in here who's sprite is based on Cloud. I can't find anything online about it though.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on April 28, 2011, 09:17:09 PM
It has the first FFIV with the GBA extras, a brand new Prelude-thing chapter, and the After Years, all with new pixel graphics and redone music (though I think they simply ported the DS music to the PSP).

Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it.

Zero