News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I'll Go Ahead and Say It

Started by Flying Chickens, March 11, 2012, 07:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

A Metroid Prime port would work pretty well on the 3DS given the system's capabilities. I know that remakes are not what everyone wants to see, but if we're going to be getting remakes anyways, why not this one?

Neerb

I'd prefer a new game. I actually think an Other M-style game would be fun on the 3DS.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on March 11, 2012, 09:29:54 PM
I'd prefer a new game. I actually think an Other M-style game would be fun on the 3DS.

I disagree. Other M had too many problems.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 11, 2012, 09:58:46 PM
I disagree. Other M had too many problems.
I'd take the game if its gameplay was changed a bit, character development was more appropiate, and if it was a lot longer.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Flying Chickens on March 11, 2012, 07:47:46 PM
A Metroid Prime port
Three words: Yes. Yes. Yes.

Honestly, I don't even have a 3DS yet. I fell behind after I couldn't get it for my birthday or Christmas. If they did a good remake of Metroid Prime, I'd want a 3DS even more.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Zero

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on March 11, 2012, 10:25:46 PM
I'd take the game if its gameplay was changed a bit, character development was more appropiate, and if it was a lot longer.

Awkward control scheme. Repetitive combat. Uninteresting boss mechanics.

Finishers were cool, but there needed to be more of them.

Kayo

The 3DS is entirely capable of handling GCN ports. Of course, it doesn't have the absolute clusterintercourse  of buttons, but it has a touch screen which things could be assigned to easily. And of course all the fancy stuff about graphics and processing and stuff like that.

I'd buy a Metroid Prime 3D.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 12, 2012, 02:36:41 PM
The 3DS is entirely capable of handling GCN ports. Of course, it doesn't have the absolute clusterintercourse  of buttons, but it has a touch screen which things could be assigned to easily. And of course all the fancy stuff about graphics and processing and stuff like that.

I'd buy a Metroid Prime 3D.
I don't think so. Besides the buttons, it has a lot less raw power. Games need to be built from the ground-up on it to look good.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 12, 2012, 03:38:56 PM
I don't think so. Besides the buttons, it has a lot less raw power. Games need to be built from the ground-up on it to look good.
I mentioned the buttons. In fact, labeled buttons on the bottom screen would be just as good, as physical buttons. It worked fine in OoT3D.

Also I don't see how the 3DS can't handle the GCN. I'm pretty sure it's advanced enough to take whatever 2002 can throw at it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 12, 2012, 05:42:24 PM
I mentioned the buttons. In fact, labeled buttons on the bottom screen would be just as good, as physical buttons. It worked fine in OoT3D.

Also I don't see how the 3DS can't handle the GCN. I'm pretty sure it's advanced enough to take whatever 2002 can throw at it.
It depends on which buttons you're talking about. Not every button would work on the touchscreen.

We've already had two PS2 ports that needed frame rate cuts to run on 3DS. 3DS is a platform with some advanced graphical features, but it lacks raw power. From everything I've seen, it's on-par with PS2 at best and a PSP with better shaders at worst.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 12, 2012, 05:56:39 PM
It depends on which buttons you're talking about. Not every button would work on the touchscreen.

We've already had two PS2 ports that needed frame rate cuts to run on 3DS. 3DS is a platform with some advanced graphical features, but it lacks raw power. From everything I've seen, it's on-par with PS2 at best and a PSP with better shaders at worst.
All that the 3DS doesn't have is Z and the C stick. Z could easily be put on the touch screen, but the C-stick might need a little playing around. The absence of a second analog stick could be a problem, but the GCN's D-pad and C-stick are rarely, if ever, used together so a point where the 3DS's D-pad couldn't take the C functions, with the D-pad controls being placed on the touch screen.
[move][/move]

Zero

3DS games seem to look better than PSP games for some reason.

I haven't exactly looked up the specs and compared both but when I compare games, the 3DS' library is flat out prettier.

zephilicious

its entirely the result of art direction (something that nintendo is very good at)

but that matters more than technical capabilities anyway
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 13, 2012, 09:39:59 PM
3DS games seem to look better than PSP games for some reason.

I haven't exactly looked up the specs and compared both but when I compare games, the 3DS' library is flat out prettier.
Better shader effects and better engines. Though, 3DS is definitely more powerful than PSP. It's just a question of how much.

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 10:19:50 PM
its entirely the result of art direction (something that nintendo is very good at)

but that matters more than technical capabilities anyway

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 14, 2012, 04:02:00 AM
Better shader effects and better engines. Though, 3DS is definitely more powerful than PSP. It's just a question of how much.

Resident Evil Revelations in particular really stands out. Not like it looks like anything on Vita but its pretty impressive.