News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Ultimate Pokemon Game: An analysis of new technology and how they apply2fans

Started by NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK, February 20, 2008, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK

Ultimate Pokemon Game

Introduction

With resent jumps and leaps in the development of what is most likely to be the closest thing we will ever have to virtual reality,(Games that you actually use your mind to control.) along with the graphical and processing information getting better by the day than we may soon have that great Pokemon game that every fan has wished for since... well since they were kids I guess. Just think for a sec. Combine every technology Nintendo has used up until the present. This is what I have so far. (With and without mind control.) [spoiler]Lulz mind control  :P[/spoiler]

Part 1: World Exploration

With the new development of Wii fitness the technology of sensitive gaming technology that involves your body has finally hit all fronts. From head to hands to feet these innovations could theoretically all be applied at once to take the gaming experience to the next level. First for the feet and movement.
With a treadmill like object with about 3 times the thickness of a fold able DDR mat and about the same size along with a platform to keep your mat from sliding around when you walk a near perfect replication of walking motions can be made. As for seeing in all the different directions, simple! We use one of those new  headsets that you can see the screen on. Now don't go telling me, "But NPR! That would get you tangled in wires!" Well in that you would be wrong. all you need is it to be a wireless connection to the system you are playing on. As for the hands it would be fairly straight forward. You just put on the gloves and it registers your hand movements. Ever wanted to give your own twist to throwing a Pokeball, now is you chance. As for the purpose of the mind control, I will get to that later.

PART 2: Voice Recognition

Remember Hey you Pikachu? Well, this part is kind of like that, but 500,000 times better. Have you ever heard of the Program Dragon Speak? Well it will be using an engine similar to it, but not so advanced to recognize every word you say. It will be able to registrar commands in battle such as, Stay put!, Hang in there!, Dodge now!, Jump!, Left, Right, and almost every Pokemon attack and name. This may take some time as it will take about 7 hours to train the computer to recognize your voice, but the payoff would be enormous. By being able to command in real time it will make your Pokemon battles ten times more realistic. Faint left, and use Hyper Beam Dragonite! It just makes you giddy thinking about it. The only draw back would be if you got sick it would be hard to command them, but not to worry that is where mind controls come in you can make your Pokemon move and attack with your mind! Since the technology at the time can take up to 30 different commands it may be a bit more restricted, but it would be fun and a good back up. (Other features would use it specifically of course, like when you are exploring the world you could think about using cut, or doing the berry picking as well as dive surf and the rest.

Part 3: Storyline/Plot
Obviously including all regions excluding Orre of course and featuring everything from the GTS to the Radio. You help decide the rest.

Part 4: In depth exploration

Pokemon games have always had the great aspect of wonder and exploration. Combining everything above with a graphics engine like lets say, the PS3? We are gonna have a massive system of environmental exploration picking berries by crouching and doing a picking motion with your hands. That along with the mental gaming aspects you can climb and in some cases use your voice for stuff like, cut down that tree, and surf. The only thing I am still trying to work out is the bike, but I honestly don't think it would be needed in this game. Moving a cursor with your mind and clicking what you want from PokeMarts and even picking out your own pants hat and tee shirts... and for all you perverted idiots that are somehow related to Brock, almost completely real looking Nurse Joys!  :D Don't get any ideas though, this is an E rated game.

Notes: This is gonna be a massive thread so if anyone is up to making a Banner it would be great. Anyway, discuss so far and bounce ideas off each other for storyline how training would work, if EV's would still be in use and stuff like that. :)